Fifa 2004 (3 Viewers)

OP
Hydde

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
  • Thread Starter #181
    I must agree with paolo Monteo......

PÊS3 is at speed of light... and the player´s moves are so speedy and unreal... really.

I have not tried fifa 2004... only the demo... but what i think could make this game bad.. is the goal keepers and the superhuman shots you can do... for example , with nedved in the demo... you can do super shots very unrealistic.

But ill have to buy fifa anyways because i play it in my sister´s gamecube.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    So in your opinion PES2 is better than PES3? I'm asking cos I haven't bought it yet but just saw it so I can't really judge, all I know is that Fifa will always be looks nothig else....it used to be good back during the Fifa 96, Fifa 97, Fifa 98 days

OP
    Hydde

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
  • Thread Starter #184
    ++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
    So in your opinion PES2 is better than PES3? I'm asking cos I haven't bought it yet but just saw it so I can't really judge, all I know is that Fifa will always be looks nothig else....it used to be good back during the Fifa 96, Fifa 97, Fifa 98 days
    NO of course not... PES3 is better fo course... but i dont like that style of tru pass in both games, and i use it a lot.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
    Glenn I was talking about ISS2 not PES2..and IMO ISS2 is streets ahead of PES3

FIFA 99 was my all time fav FIFA, or maybe 98 with the indoor games :cool:

cynical

Mar 7, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by JuveTrueChamps ] ++
    I was just wondering why my players are always tired in career mode and is there anyway to get them fit. Also how do u tell how good a player is because it doesnt have an overall stat
    have u tried the regular physical training?!

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
    camoranasi looks pathetic in fifa and when ever you look at d'vaios bio i the game a picture of marcelo salas cums up!
    nedved, ferrar, miccoli and appigh all look shit and trez and d'vaio look real bad too.
    trez was great in the demo though.

OP
    Hydde

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
  • Thread Starter #191
    Well, i saw trez in the demo and was very very cool..

how its possible that in the real game is crap?.

Camo sucks incredibly.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
    in the game trezys nose is really pointed and he basically just looks shit, i dunno why. i seen in a lot of pic that he looked great. maybe its my game. i have it for xbox.
    i just completed a my first season, finished top on professional level. Playing in shit stadiums with small shitty crowds is great

OP
    Hydde

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
  • Thread Starter #193
    But you was using juventus?

Ill play with juventus too... i was thinkin on playing with a shitty serie B team.... but i heard that there is no single season mode... so ill play it with juventus!!.

Ill be interesting... but playing with stronger teams is difficult.. because the game will give harder task to you.

IM playing right now the demo having great fun!!.

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
    EA has hit rock bottom...

I just got the game - and after a day - it's gone again, uninstalled... bye bye...

FIFA 2004, damn... the title should be changed to FIFA 1845, cuz this game feels like it's several years old.

What the f*ck have EA been doing the past year? They were supposed to make an even better game, but instead they screw it up.

The gameplay sucks! There's no flow - I feel like I'm playing the 2003 edition of PAcMan. It's so... so... erhmmm - I can't even describe it... it just sucks!

Has everyone gone mad? First SI totally f*ck up their great game and now EA has done the exact same thing. As far as computer games go - this is the biggest disappointment ever!

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    It's plain and simple: it sucks. The gameplay is EVEN WORSE. This isn't about making good software, it's about selling whatever crap you come up with, a concept made famous by Microsoft over the years..

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
    exactly... I wonder if I'll ever see another good football game... The last one was CM3 and since then nothing but worthless crap have been raining down.

Mac

Jul 11, 2002
    i dont get all the negative points.

ive played it on PS2 and i think its fantastic. Not THAT much better than the previous game, but still and improvement. Alot of new features and the off the ball player movement is great.

Also i think there is alot more diversity in the passing options.

Compared to that shitty ISS or whatever the hell it is FIFA 2004 is wayyyyyyy better.

Anyways im glad i bought it. Maybe you guys should get a ps2. Pc gaming sucks ass :)

OP
    Hydde

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
  • Thread Starter #199
    IM Glad i Bought it too. BUt i have to accept that the game have its BIG and when i say big, are BIG FLAWS.

After a week of playing it ill do my short opinion, and pin-point the neggative points that most bother me.

Positive Points :

-Gameplay animations has improved fairly considerable. The Tackles , the shots, and some other moves has being greatly vhanged in comparison with the last edition.

-Tackles: Now the tackles are far more realistic and you can do a great amount of different fouls, not like the last edition where u can do just one style of foul. The thing that i dont like is that the "aggressive tackle" now is TOO weak and sometimes is useless.

-New features as career mode and Practice mode, speciallt practice that was missed a lot.

-Corner Kicks: Is quite of funny to fight in this new corner system... but they took away some natural options as to play a pàss to a near player instead of shotting directly, which quite sucks.

-Career MOde: IMO this is the best feature of the game. Its very cool to manage a team and lead them to victory,,, but ill talk about it in another post.

-The new AI runs are very cool, and i have to admit that i have scored a lot of goals with this thing. for example..... IM in a situation that i dont know what to do with the ball, but suddenly one of my teammates run and find some space. I notice it because they raise their hand to make u know what they are thinking... then you assist them and can do great things. But his have a negative point and ill explain later.

-The Freekicks: Thangs god the free kicks were fixed. IN the last edition, almost every freekick was an assured goal because u just needed to hit the "green bar" and MAGIK!!. Now u can even do the best of the shots, and the keeper will save it or it will hit the post.

-Ball Physics: Thay have improved a lot and now the rebounds in the posts are far more realistic. The BP have to improve more... but they have done a great job here

-GK animatios and BP: Thay have added more animations and the keepers can do a better job now. The ball rebound realisticall from them and can happen a lot of things after a shot.

-Some South-american teams.

-Great Graphics.

Bad Points :

The game have some GREAT flaws that take away most of the attraction.. and without this flaws,,, this game could have been the best game ever!!!, even better than the Weleven series for sure!.

Lets start

-Defensive AI: I dont know why..... ur defensive AI is very stupid in comparison to the AI defenders, i mean.... sometimes they dont mark the strikers... sometimes they are lost in sapce marking someone that is not even a thread... but lets say that shevchenko is just in fron of the oalkeeper alone...and of course the AI just need to do a pass to score against you. The AI tend to CHEAT a lot... with perfect passes and extremely unrealistic gameplay.....sometimes they just didnt let you react agains an attack.
    Most of the time, the AI is just waiting for u to come...and when they took the ball away from you in their GK area... they start to run like crazy and pass at super speed... while all your team is out of position (dont know why) and they score very easily. I dscovered to oprevent this kind of things by using ULTRA DEFENSIVE formations aleways.....and even with that, today juventus destroyed my team 5-0.

-Free style control and Dribbling:
    OK,, they inluded some great moves,,that are not random like the last game... but they just work in a natural way against HUMAN players... because to dribble-past AI defenders is just IMPOSSIBLe.
    In this game, the tackles are not automatic , and u have to calaculate the excat moment to press the buton (which is very good), but sadly,, the AI defenders always know when to tackle your player (unlikely human players to tend to do calculation mistakes) and its impossible to past them.,,, because they have something like an "insta-tackle" that will never let you pass. THIS IS THE MOST ANNOYING THING IN THE GAME. It forces you to work with lobs and long pàsses... because is useless to dribble.
    To use the new Freestyle tricks... you have to slow down ur player and it will fok up any counter attack. You just have one skill to do while running...and all the others must be done walking.
    -Ultra shots and GK Positioning: In this game GK can stop great shots...... but almost always they are out of place and can be surprised with long range shots... that ironically is a much easier way to score since the AI defensive line is like the SARUMAN ARMY, its just useless to try to beat them in a one-one situation.
    Some players like NEDVED have super human shots....and can score very easily when this shots happen... because thay take some very weird curls that are humanly impossible to stop.

-Tournaments
    I dont know why they took away the "Custom tournament" option. OK is true that ull have the opportunity to play online... but a lot of people love to play in their house with ther friends... and this takes A LOT of fun away.
    One of the worst things is that in the CL groups, there are 3 TEAMS OF THE SAME COUNTRY in every group... and this is totally unnaceptabble.

-Interface: The game have one of the worst INterfaces i have ever seen... its very difficult to navigate in the menus and is annoying. Especially the player status menus!!!:fero:

-Framerate: Worst framerate ever!!!. And in all the consoles and versons, the game crashes a lot!!.

-THERE ARE NOT OVERHEAD AND SCISSOR KICKS!!:dazed:

WEll... in conclution the game is cool... is not the next best thing but in comparison with the last crap.... this game have done some clear improvements!!. They just have to tune-Up the facts that i pointed and it will be a very very great game.

My last advice: PLAYING AGAINST HUMAN IS SO SO FUNNY AND ENTERTAINING, BECAUSEU CAN DRIBBLE HUMANS AND THERE IS A LOT OF ACTION!! THIS IS ANOTRHER GREAT THING.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    I hope I didn't undermine any of you guys who bought the game, but I always download my games :embarass:

I downloaded Fifa 2004 yesterday, but I can't get it to work. When I run it, the screen goes black for a few seconds, then restarts :down:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)