Fernando Llorente (52 Viewers)

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
I don't blame him as he needs service and an attacking approach to shine. He gets nothing lately but 2-3 defenders on his back 40 meters away from the goal and none of our players close to him.

He'd shine in 433 with proper wingers that can actually cross.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I dont understand why all the sudden hate, Llorente was never a prolific finisher, he is where he was supposed to be, close to 15 goals/season.
Any +20goals were unrealistic, he was chosen because of our need of him tactically and the inability of our transfer manager to find anyone better.
Even off form and unable to contribute directly at scoring, he must be tctically usefull and thats why Conte uses him even now...

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
I dont understand why all the sudden hate, Llorente was never a prolific finisher, he is where he was supposed to be, close to 15 goals/season.
Any +20goals were unrealistic, he was chosen because of our need of him tactically and the inability of our transfer manager to find anyone better.
Right, he only has 4 seasons with over 20+ goals.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Off form he's actually pretty useless. Offers no threat and is a turnover machine.

He's a good player. Sometimes very good. But to get the most out of him, our best striker has to be sacrificed so that's a problem.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Right, he only has 4 seasons with over 20+ goals.
:shifty: which season?? you had me confused so I had to check, not once he scored more than 20 league goals. 20+ goals overall in 4 seasons isn't adding up either, wiki says 2 out of 9 seasons.

He was an acceptable transfer because he was 'free'. Del Bosque preferred a false9 to Llorente when Villa and Torres were unavailable iirc.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Either way he's not the problem here. He's got no support and no service upfront in many games so he looks bad but all you see are long balls from Caceres/Bonucci on him when he's left alone surrounded by a few defenders.

lakl

Mar 30, 2014
I cant remembrr more than 8-10 decent crosses in all of the season and he has converted in goal practically all of them.

Maybe he is notplaying so good comparing to a month ago, like the rest of the team (apart from carlos), but he is essential for us.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
it doesn't help when one of our main crossers (asamoah and licht) can't even cross, as much as i love licht he can't beat his man for $#@!
This have been true all season long... but now that he is offform, is even more aparent.

We need serious attacking widemen who can come up from the bench and right away be able to place killer crosses to llorente.

For that...ill wait to judge till next season...only then we will know

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
so what's the excuse that he can't even pass a ball 8 yard sout to a teammate?

do we blame this on lack of wingers?
he is offform
But yeh, i have to admit that even on form, he lacks on this department. Still, i feel we cant totally blame our forwards as a whole...as they are heavily marked and presssed the whole game because our midfield and wingers cant support them for shid.....all this ending in them being more exposed to mistakes when having to cope with quick passes in their faces against 2 or 3 markers, and having to solve all in a matter of microseconds.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
I gotta agree with Lion here. I thought by now he'd have a basic understanding of the team and make simple passes with ease. But even on form he was doing stupid flick ons to nobody all the time

He is a turnover machine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 51)