Fernando Llorente (72 Viewers)

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
Think we have done a lot to help Llorente get to the WC in terms of consistent game time. Although the 3-5-2 we deploy clearly isn't a formation that's suited to his characteristics, we also can't afford to field a formation to suit him. The last time we did that and changed to a 4-3-1-2 to accommodate Diego, we all know how badly that season went.

The players should adapt to fit the system and not the other way round in my opinion unless they are one of the very few players who can carry a team on their own.

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
Agreed... and i think that Llorente did good in the 3-5-2... its just that spain has insane good strikers beside him... if he was from Holland/Belgium/Bosnia/Sweden or something, he would've been selected for the WC...

JuveSardu

Nov 27, 2013
Think we have done a lot to help Llorente get to the WC in terms of consistent game time. Although the 3-5-2 we deploy clearly isn't a formation that's suited to his characteristics, we also can't afford to field a formation to suit him. The last time we did that and changed to a 4-3-1-2 to accommodate Diego, we all know how badly that season went.

The players should adapt to fit the system and not the other way round in my opinion unless they are one of the very few players who can carry a team on their own.
Funny thing is a 4312 or 433 is what we need for the whole team

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013

llorente has done really well to adapt. a lot of food players would have failed to adapt.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003

The change in formation would not be to acomodate him, would be to improve our team as a whole. Right now he is eing bad because a dip in performance.

This has nothing to do with the diego fiasco. A lot of things where terribad in those years... and we did that change to acomodate him. Our cirrent change would be to acomodate WINGERS, not to acomodate llorente

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 68)