Fernando Llorente (19 Viewers)

Carlos Primera

Il Vecchio Signore
Mar 29, 2009
Credit to Beppe for sticking to his guns and not paying Llorente's release clause as Bilbao wanted. With this guy coming in on a Bosman, that frees up the funds we were planning to use for his purchase during last summer's mercato, and use it instead on Higuain (fingers crossed). I find it hard to believe we've been gift wrapped a very good forward for free thanks to Urrutia's stubborness, with another 20 goal a season striker potentially on the way :lol:. Beppe must be rubbing his hands in mirth for trolling them hard. Bunch of amateurs they've got sitting on the Bilbao board.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
iirc, he is on 4.5 now, and llorente was getting that aswel.

Wondering how much higuain is gonna get. between 3.5 and 4.5 likely.

thing is, players like vidal could likely demand a raise considering his importance for, us, and the fact that he'd earn more then double abroad

Deep C

Apr 8, 2012
I think I heard somewhere that Higuain is on 3.5 right now. He'd want an increase but that would still make it decent. €9M/year for two (potential) star strikers is far from unfair these days.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Credit to Beppe for sticking to his guns and not paying Llorente's release clause as Bilbao wanted. With this guy coming in on a Bosman, that frees up the funds we were planning to use for his purchase during last summer's mercato, and use it instead on Higuain (fingers crossed). I find it hard to believe we've been gift wrapped a very good forward for free thanks to Urrutia's stubborness, with another 20 goal a season striker potentially on the way :lol:. Beppe must be rubbing his hands in mirth for trolling them hard. Bunch of amateurs they've got sitting on the Bilbao board.
They do not really need the money, so they used Llorente as an example. The point they made is that you need to stay loyal to the club, otherwise his will happen to you and that point is far more valuable to Bilbao as a club than the 20 mill we would have paid them.

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
They do not really need the money, so they used Llorente as an example. The point they made is that you need to stay loyal to the club, otherwise his will happen to you and that point is far more valuable to Bilbao as a club than the 20 mill we would have paid them.
Exactly.

Yet, in a world where players can go for a reduced fee in their last year, Bilbao decided to block all offers and hold him against his will..
Llorente was with the Athletic board when he signed his contract.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Yet, in a world where players can go for a reduced fee in their last year, Bilbao decided to block all offers and hold him against his will..
Exactly what they intended to do, they sent a message to their young players by effectively taking an entire year away from Llorentes prime. I think it is a douchey thing to do and i do not subscribe to the racial purity approach to how they sign players, but theyre pretty good at getting their messages across.

Deep C

Apr 8, 2012
putting serie a aside, for the most clinical 9 and one of the best targetman in the world, its actually underpayed :tongue:
Oh yes, most defo. Llorente, Higuain, Vucinic, Giovinco and some other nerd is CL level and paid well below that (compared to most top teams).

The ballest thing about getting Llorente and Higuain (if that happens) is that we're getting exactly what we need. Llorente is superb at holding the ball and making his presence felt in the box while Higuain finishes intelligently. He usually seems to take the right option whereas our current strikers seem to just hope for the best when e.g. alone with the keeper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)