Fernando Llorente (171 Viewers)

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Llorente: 'I'm a little isolated'

By Football Italia staff

Fernando Llorente admits he’s “a little too isolated” in the box with this new Juventus system after a 0-0 with Atletico Madrid.

The Spanish striker needed treatment during the match for a nasty cut to the bridge of his nose.

“It’s just a cut, I’m fine, nothing broken. A little bit uglier maybe!” he told Sky Sport Italia.

“It’s the dream for every player to be in a game like this. Any of the teams we face in the next round will be the same for us, they are all tough at this stage.

“We are a very difficult opponent for anyone we come up against, so we can beat anybody.”

Llorente struggled to get some of his trademark headers this evening.

“Atletico are so strong in the air and I didn’t perhaps move the right way to shake off the marking. Am I a little too isolated in the box? At times, as Tevez
goes out to get the ball, but we did well in the first half and I remember a great Pogba assist that I was so close to turning in.

“It is very important to play as a first team pick for Juventus. I try to give everything in each game and prove I can help the team any way I can.”

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
:tup:

The reason that Morata wasn't subbed in in the second half is because the players shook hands on a draw in the tunnel. Llorente's head was already in the game and it just had to be wrapped up.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
:tup:

The reason that Morata wasn't subbed in in the second half is because the players shook hands on a draw in the tunnel. Llorente's head was already in the game and it just had to be wrapped up.
yes the players are going to shake hands in the tunnel in front of many witnesses and tv cameras that can document a game fix.

any other stupid shit you want to enlighten us about?

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Allegri is wrecking my nerves on insisting with this guy... ffs

Morata is playing less than he would be on Madrid, even with a guy playing horribly 75% of games this season.

I wonder if he has any regrets now

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Isn't it true tho?
Yes it is, but Hustini is being Hustini. The problem with Llorente is that right now he isn't good enough to be in that position. It's ok if you have a Drogba in his prime or maybe Diego Costa, but Llorente isn't mobile enough or playing well enough to be effective at it.

It's obvious that he only stayed on because of a tactical decision, which was the right one for this game. In an open two-legged knock-out we have to see Morata in at least one of the games.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I agree. UNless we are sending crosses left and right...we need to use Morata because of the treat he poses in open play. This will make defenders and midfielders more aware... instead of forgetting about our CF and focus on pressing us

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Yes it is, but Hustini is being Hustini. The problem with Llorente is that right now he isn't good enough to be in that position. It's ok if you have a Drogba in his prime or maybe Diego Costa, but Llorente isn't mobile enough or playing well enough to be effective at it.

It's obvious that he only stayed on because of a tactical decision, which was the right one for this game. In an open two-legged knock-out we have to see Morata in at least one of the games.
Yes Hustini is being Hustini.

Fact of the matter is, isolated or not, the guy couldn't even get into a position where one of his apparent strengths (heading) could be useful. He had plenty of service he was way outperformed by the defense marking him. If that makes him isolated, by the fact of being outplayed, then sure, he was isolated. We used to see a striker (Llorente) score using various parts of his body making him harder to mark. We can't even get ONE part of his body to work consistently, be it his right foot, head, etc. He flat out sucks right now and needs to get his act together because the "few" chances he seems to be getting don't even come close to looking like they will end up making the GK work.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I agree. UNless we are sending crosses left and right...we need to use Morata because of the treat he poses in open play. This will make defenders and midfielders more aware... instead of forgetting about our CF and focus on pressing us
How many crosses a game does Llorente need to finally score because I saw quite a few come into the 6 yard box yesterday and only one Llorente managed to connect with but it hit the back of his head only to send the ball out of play.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
We need to take in consideration the level of the opposition defenders too in that regard.
We all know he is dependable in headers, and to be honest...their central pair were fabuolous yesterday.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
We need to take in consideration the level of the opposition defenders too in that regard.
We all know he is dependable in headers, and to be honest...their central pair were fabuolous yesterday.
It's the same quality of defenders he was used to coming up against scoring all the goals he did when in Spain.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Thats makes no sense. Not every team in spain defends as good as atletico. IN fact, they defend better than a lot fo teams in italy and the world. Catenaccio at its finest

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 171)