Fernando Llorente (30 Viewers)

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
Too much exaggeration here. He had a decent match, not as bad as people are saying. His finishing, though, is really poor, unfortunately.

He should have about 7 goals by now had he not missed those sitters. Gotta stop it soon or people will start doubting he'll ever get back to his Bilbao clinical talent in front of goal. It's not the time to panic yet but we should watch him closely.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
That's what I was thinking. He's such an adorable little puppy, I didn't think he was capable of hate. :D
Even adorable little puppies show their fangs from time to time.

Jem capable of hate. :D

I love you Jemmy Jameson. :kiss:
I love you too.

To be honest, I don't hate Linebreak. It's true that I find him annoying at times, but hate....no. I didn't mean to snap at you @Linebreak. I was cranky.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
@Jem83

You know I always got your back bro. Matri fanboys for life. But now that he plays for them he is sort of dead to me. And I agree with everything you've said about Nando and his time with us so far. I expect more and I think he will deliver.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
No worries, Aus :D I was just tipsy and cranky yesterday, is all.

And Matri is dead to me too, who am I kidding.... :lol:

I am thankful for what he did, though, but it stops there.

I just think what triggered my annoyance is that whenever Matri performed like Llorente did yesterday, we'd see a complete onslaught in his thread, whereas that doesn't seem to happen in this thread. But people have more faith in Llorente I suppose. That's not surprising either, considering Llorente is the better player.

Anyway, fuck it :D I was tipsy, cranky, and a bad bad pup.

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
I just think what triggered my annoyance is that whenever Matri performed like Llorente did yesterday, we'd see a complete onslaught in his thread, whereas that doesn't seem to happen in this thread. But people have more faith in Llorente I suppose. That's not surprising either, considering Llorente is the better player.
Because even when Llorente has a bad game, he always come up with something. And that was an assist. Actually two if Pirlo didn't go full retard one moment. Something you'll never see with Matri.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Llorente is more complete player no doubt about it. Matri was a pure poacher who didn't offer much to the game besides scoring. And he wasn't very consistent one on top of that. I liked Matri, but even last night when some of you characterized Llorente's performance as a poor one, he created 4 chances for his teammates, something what Matri managed to do on a very few occasions. That said he definitely needs to improve his finishing.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Llorente is better and it's not even close

Matri was a poacher who had....

wait for it....

Poor finishing. So he was pretty useless for us. His main strength was hardly a strength. When Llorente is sharp again and banging in headers and converting his chances (Like he proved he can do at Bilbao) then this comparison will be even more laughable.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Matri is a form striker, wouldn't surprise me if he had a spell of goals at Milan. But generally those players don't last too long at top clubs because you don't get to play regularly with barren spells, and when those players don't play regularly they find no form, endless negative cycle. He had the same with us.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
2 things i want to say that might explain why there hasn't been an onslaught here:

1- Free transfer, so none of that "we wasted money on him when we could have had x player for same price"

2- he is still new. I give him until end of Jan-begining of Feb to see the fans turn hostile....of he doesnt score enough goals

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)