Fernando Llorente (137 Viewers)

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
Didn't see this game to comment on his performance, but the one before, he didn't score but was still contributing in other ways. I know strikers are "supposed to score" but if he's still managing to facilitate goals & good play, that's just as well. Of course it's fine to criticize him for not putting away his chances just like you'd do for everyone, but you can't say he's not been a positive contributor overall.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Let's just hope he doesn't get a goal drought and end up desperate like Amauri and Matri when they went a long time without scoring. Shit got pathetic out there and you could see the desperation on their faces and in their game.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Didn't see this game to comment on his performance, but the one before, he didn't score but was still contributing in other ways. I know strikers are "supposed to score" but if he's still managing to facilitate goals & good play, that's just as well. Of course it's fine to criticize him for not putting away his chances just like you'd do for everyone, but you can't say he's not been a positive contributor overall.
That's exactly what I love about Tevez and Llorente compared to the likes of Matri and Quag. Even when they're not scoring goals, they're providing valuable contributions in other areas, whereas Matri would consistently lose the ball with a poor touch and Quag would shoot at every opportunity.

Of course if neither of them score for an extended period it's worrying, but overall it's been a joy to see our forwards actually contributing to the build-up play in a meaningful way :tup:

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
No matter how productive they are and how much they help the rest of the squad the fact is that we won back 2 back scudetti with Quaqs-Matri-Vuc as our "killers".

Let it soak in and reflect on it when we don't win the league this season.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
No matter how productive they are and how much they help the rest of the squad the fact is that we won back 2 back scudetti with Quaqs-Matri-Vuc as our "killers".

Let it soak in and reflect on it when we don't win the league this season.
Well, our tactics probably don't benefit strikers goalscoring tally. There is a reason why we get so much goals from different players and never really been close to a player having 20 goals a season under Conte even though we've dominated this league for over 2 years now.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Well, our tactics probably don't benefit strikers goalscoring tally. There is a reason why we get so much goals from different players and never really been close to a player having 20 goals a season under Conte even though we've dominated this league for over 2 years now.
I used to think that but Tevez looks on his way and if Llorente was as prolific, he would be up there and on his way as well. Those missed headers are Llorente's bread and butter. You can see why he looked so frustrated at missing them. He tried to flick those recent opportunities to the back post both times, just couldn't time it right.

Apr 8, 2013
My gosh, he scored just two matches ago against Madrid and someone acts like if he didn't score for a long while :lol: Calm down ffs, even Tevez's been goalless for 2-3 matches in a row in September... The guy's doing good, and his performances are getting regular just now. He should be praised.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Excellent goal

None of our other strikers could score a goal like that.

Apart from the goal he had a decent game, he gave the ball away at times but did plenty of good hold up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 136)