Fernando Llorente - ST - Athletic Bilbao (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Don't mind Tithead, most people find him generally annoying.
:mute:

---------- Post added 10.08.2012 at 11:59 ----------

Madvillain'd

Fernando Llorente Torres
Well played.

---------- Post added 10.08.2012 at 12:03 ----------

I am walking to work now. I apologize in advance for any harm my absence will cause members of this community.

All my best,

Hustini

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
I admit I haven't watched that Llorente guy much, I've seen more of Dzeko and I like him. If the Spanish guy is as good as some people here say, then it's a win - win situation for us, not matter which one we'll get (hopefully). Just don't mix up our priorities anymore. We need to get a classy striker first, then we can think of LWB.

Now when Bonucci's and Pepe's situations are clear I hope we'll move for one of them. Dzeko will cost a lot, but I don't think Llorente will be that much cheaper. I just hope we have enough money left as it seems we'll not earn anything more from sales of our 'deadwood'.

Neddy

Aug 8, 2006
I admit I haven't watched that Llorente guy much, I've seen more of Dzeko and I like him. If the Spanish guy is as good as some people here say, then it's a win - win situation for us, not matter which one we'll get (hopefully). Just don't mix up our priorities anymore. We need to get a classy striker first, then we can think of LWB.

Now when Bonucci's and Pepe's situations are clear I hope we'll move for one of them. Dzeko will cost a lot, but I don't think Llorente will be that much cheaper. I just hope we have enough money left as it seems we'll not earn anything more from sales of our 'deadwood'.
Was hoping for a merry-go-round and that we could get RVP or Dzeko, but we can't keep relying on other clubs anymore. Was hoping for Jovetic as well, but that seems more or less unlikely at this point. Marotta, of course still has a week or two for gambling but... I really believe Llorente could be the man.

fherdelpiero_10

Pinturicchio el grande
May 29, 2004
to be honest im not the happiest camper here, not that Llorente lacks quality, it is rather a loyalty issue that bothers me. he is spanish above all and in a season or two, barca/madrid will come knocking on our door and he will leave. it is like italians, when juve/milan/inter call you cant deny. at least we can try to maximize the revenue from his potential sale if he gets to come here.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
to be honest im not the happiest camper here, not that Llorente lacks quality, it is rather a loyalty issue that bothers me. he is spanish above all and in a season or two, barca/madrid will come knocking on our door and he will leave. it is like italians, when juve/milan/inter call you cant deny. at least we can try to maximize the revenue from his potential sale if he gets to come here.
cronios?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Did you have an issue when Nedved came on board? Trezeguet? Platini ?

fherdelpiero_10

Pinturicchio el grande
May 29, 2004
Did you have an issue when Nedved came on board? Trezeguet? Platini ?
no, not at all. you are missing my point though. i wasnt referring to all internationals, just spanish players. pique and fabregas cases to be precise. they are players that grew up dreaming of playing for those teams in their country, and for them juve, manchester, arsenal will always be bellow par.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Llorente is as spanish as I'm Romanian. He's from Basque, a completely different culture and language, not to mention a region with strong seperatist tendencies.

Don't forget that when Shalke played Bilbao in the EL the crowd shouted "Pute Espanya, Puta Raul" at the bilbao home game.

Argument invalid.

fherdelpiero_10

Pinturicchio el grande
May 29, 2004
Llorente is as spanish as I'm Romanian. He's from Basque, a completely different culture and language, not to mention a region with strong seperatist tendencies.

Don't forget that when Shalke played Bilbao in the EL the crowd shouted "Pute Espanya, Puta Raul" at the bilbao home game.

Argument invalid.
he doesnt seem to be that angry when lifting trophies and receiving medals with la roja...

Neddy

Aug 8, 2006

Argument invalid.
We have had that discussion. Recommending page 28-29.. Llorentes basque-feelings aren't that strong :)

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Always amuses me that when Barca are portrayed as heroically fighting a principled battle for Catalan independence that Catalan's desire for independence is just based on greed.

---------- Post added 10.08.2012 at 16:43 ----------

What makes you say that?
not skill wise but more mentality, i dont get the impression from him he can cut it in a big club in italy

You know who else was strong in the air and had a "physical presensce" AND cost us 22.5m dollars with 3.5m a year wages?

Amauri.

---------- Post added 10.08.2012 at 11:07 ----------

Here is a thought.

People might take you seriously if you would stop insulting them because they disagree with you.
the hust laying the law

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
no, not at all. you are missing my point though. i wasnt referring to all internationals, just spanish players. pique and fabregas cases to be precise. they are players that grew up dreaming of playing for those teams in their country, and for them juve, manchester, arsenal will always be bellow par.
He is 27 years old. With Barca and Real madrid's proficiency for signing Spanish players, cerrtainly they would have done so by now, don't you think?
But I do understand where you are coming from now that I have had a chance to re-read your post and rebuttal

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
if our interest in both dzeko and llorente is genuine, then it will come down to wages, not the actual transfer fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)