Fernando Llorente - ST - Athletic Bilbao (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011

robbotis

Jun 22, 2012
Good question this is! Don't know really, but if he menages to stay clinical in front of the goal like he use to be and convert what he has been served, then he will compensate his relative slow movement..
Yeah, he's not really quick or good at pressuring the opposing team when they have possession. His forte is putting the ball in the back of the net. Good shot, brute strength, very tall, and owns the air.
Exactly what Juve needs. Conte(or Carrerra) can live w/ one guy on the pitch not being good at defense, if that one guy scores every game.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Lack if pace is what is worrying me.
It's tough to imagine someone of his height and build to be very mobile (Yes, I know that Dzeko is an inch shorter, but Llorente has nearly 20 lbs on him)

However, from what I have seen, he is mobile enough. With this team, the flow of attack will always come through the midfield.

The will not only create space with the excellent movement of Vidal and Marchisio, but they will also open up angles in and around the box that Llorente, if he has the presence of mind to do so, will attack and be able to create his scoring opportunites.

And if Vucinic and Gio play to their strengths, then Llorente should be receiving an ample amount of clever passes in the box as well

Personally, I would be very happy with this transfer if it were to happen. I think that he is the type of strong, physical, presence who knows how to use his abilites in and around the box that Juve will be looking for

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
I'm mainly talking about Europe, will be playing some counter attacking football, don't think Llorente can fill that role, Matri is deceively fast , the times i've seen Llorente, he comes as very slow.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
A 20+ goals a season striker please.

That's all we ask.

---------- Post added 10.08.2012 at 16:02 ----------

I'm mainly talking about Europe, will be playing some counter attacking football, don't think Llorente can fill that role, Matri is deceively fast , the times i've seen Llorente, he comes as very slow.
If we play a 352...all you need to worry about is Isla, Giovinco and hopefully Armero. All Llorente needs to do is get into the box

---------- Post added 10.08.2012 at 16:02 ----------

And what makes you think we will be playing counter attacking football? We won't be playing Catenaccio anymore. :D

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
If we play a 352...all you need to worry about is Isla, Giovinco and hopefully Armero. All Llorente needs to do is get into the box

And what makes you think we will be playing counter attacking football? We won't be playing Catenaccio anymore. :D
Remember last year game against Inter in Milan, the way we played, we'll be seing a lot of games like that in the CL IMHO.

---------- Post added 10.08.2012 at 20:07 ----------

:lol: sorry but I disagree.
:lol: No way.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
If these guys, along with the midfield playing the way it has, are creating all of the movement, the spaces, the angles, and the opportunities for Llorente, how mobile does he really need to be in order to be successful?
I'm not talking about the games when we'll dominate possession and we'll play 80 minutes of the game in the oppenents half, i'm talking about the games when we will be sitting back, games likes that especially in the CL need pacy strikers, one pass from Pirlo into space and Llorente could find him one on one against the keeper if he could run a little bit :D.

For the record, i'm not against getting Llorente as i think he's great finisher, he's more Trezeguet than a player like Dzeko, but the bosinian is more complete and willing to take part in the buid up play and that is what we need IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)