Fernando Llorente - ST - Athletic Bilbao (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
And one of them has wages that are like 8m-9m if I remember correctly.
yeah dzeko's wages is the issue.

i'm sure if he takes a cut then we will see very rapid developments. but that is unlikely unless mancini makes it clear that he is not wanted.

i wish we could loan him with obligation to buy if he does something like score 20 league goals

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
yeah dzeko's wages is the issue.

i'm sure if he takes a cut then we will see very rapid developments. but that is unlikely unless mancini makes it clear that he is not wanted.

i wish we could loan him with obligation to buy if he does something like score 20 league goals
I don't think it will be an issue of him wanting to take the cut or not.

He wants to play, which is why he has already hit the media with his concerns which is a huge red flag for all parties involved.

I think indirectly he is saying, please someone come and get me!

fherdelpiero_10

Pinturicchio el grande
May 29, 2004
He is 27 years old. With Barca and Real madrid's proficiency for signing Spanish players, cerrtainly they would have done so by now, don't you think?
But I do understand where you are coming from now that I have had a chance to re-read your post and rebuttal
tru dat bud. i recall one of those teams having a strong interest in him not so long ago but nothing happened. i guess he is not a crack

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Not entirely. I think he knows unless goes to to Barca/Real/PSG his wages will have to drop significantly.
Or, he could just stay where he is, play his 20 some odd matches a year, and still collect his hefty paycheck.

Put it this way. Would you take a 30-40% paycut to go to another store where you had more responsibilites and pressure on you?

It's so easy for a lot of people to just come out and say "Player X or Y would definitely have no problem taking such a drop in wages"

You're talking about quite a paycut here, for a player who is just entering his prime.

Donsazio

Feb 26, 2006
Im pretty sure Barca/Madrid had an interest in Martinez too, and it looks like he is going to Bayern, least last i heard it looked likely, maybe its died down now seeing as hes still at Athletic. Besides, Barca havent played with a target man in God knows how long, and Madrid went for Higuain/Benzema.

Either one of Llorente or Dzeko would be a good move, and as someone said earlier, it will be down to the wages which will decide on who we end up with

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Or, he could just stay where he is, play his 20 some odd matches a year, and still collect his hefty paycheck.

Put it this way. Would you take a 30-40% paycut to go to another store where you had more responsibilites and pressure on you?

It's so easy for a lot of people to just come out and say "Player X or Y would definitely have no problem taking such a drop in wages"

You're talking about quite a paycut here, for a player who is just entering his prime.
Of course he could stay there. But he has indicated he wants more PT, has he not? Sure its easy to sit and collect a fat pay check, come on occasionally and score a few goals.

And you said it best...he is entering his prime...all the more reason for him wanting out to have a more guaranteed starting spot and playing time. Its not like he is pushing his last few golden years before he hangs up his boots and is trying to squeeze out some more money before early retirement.

If I was in my prime, I'd want to play. But I can't speak for Dzeko, only go by what it sounds like in his interviews. If he has no problem being 4th choice or 5th if someone else comes then so be it. It just sounds like he wants out because their is no guarantee and perhaps he doesn't trust Mancini? Who knows.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Of course he could stay there. But he has indicated he wants more PT, has he not? Sure its easy to sit and collect a fat pay check, come on occasionally and score a few goals.

And you said it best...he is entering his prime...all the more reason for him wanting out to have a more guaranteed starting spot and playing time. Its not like he is pushing his last few golden years before he hangs up his boots and is trying to squeeze out some more money before early retirement.

If I was in my prime, I'd want to play. But I can't speak for Dzeko, only go by what it sounds like in his interviews. If he has no problem being 4th choice or 5th if someone else comes then so be it. It just sounds like he wants out because their is no guarantee and perhaps he doesn't trust Mancini? Who knows.

You didn't answer my question though.

Would you, in a similar situation, in your line of work, do the same thing?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
You didn't answer my question though.

Would you, in a similar situation, in your line of work, do the same thing?
I did.

"If I was in my prime, I'd want to play".

That answers your question. Playing, for me, would be my motivating factor. 5m here or 10m there, I'd still be a millionaire regardless and have more money than I could probably ever spend in my lifetime (cuz I'm frugal anyways).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)