Fernando Llorente - ST - Athletic Bilbao (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I can't see Arsenal being in for Llorente, as some people have suggested they could be.

Don't see them going and spending a significant amount of cash on a forward who would be incompatible with Giroud, who they also spent a fair amount on.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Can't see that being the case.

Unless there is absolutely no interest from anyone else at all.
Madrid wanted him last year, however as Athletico's president said he wants to change leagues.

I thought United may have been in for him then they signed Van Persie, I guess we have City perhaps? Then again that would free Dzeko up.

Tottenham I think with a lack of Champions League football and a wage cap at 60k per week, they are not a true competitor.

donpiero

Stella D'Argento
Jul 3, 2009
Maybe we can have a 2nd degree chain reaction? I mean all the big names go to the clubs that pay for their inflated price tags and then we would have a lot of options to choose between deadbeat left overs.
So far we have Pazzini, Berbatov and Chamakh as our "top player" candidates.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Maybe we can have a 2nd degree chain reaction? I mean all the big names go to the clubs that pay for their inflated price tags and then we would have a lot of options to choose between deadbeat left overs.
So far we have Pazzini, Berbatov and Chamakh as our "top player" candidates.
We can always reinvent Iaquinta :)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Madrid wanted him last year, however as Athletico's president said he wants to change leagues.

I thought United may have been in for him then they signed Van Persie, I guess we have City perhaps? Then again that would free Dzeko up.

Tottenham I think with a lack of Champions League football and a wage cap at 60k per week, they are not a true competitor.
I don't disagree with your analysis.

I would still expect a deal to close at something closer to 22m (including bonuses), if a deal is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)