Felipe (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Yeah but the problem is that Barzagli is a world Cup winer, a great prospect who is going to play in Europe, in diference with Felipe, wich is not that young and knows that playing with Juventus could be a good move for him, having in consideration that Unidese is not building a great side this season.

Barzagli knows that if he stays in Palermo, in january his chance to be transfer to a big team in Serie A are higher, so he will want to stay in Palermo.

We have to be realistic, there are few players who will want to come to Juve at this moment.

Buy on AliExpress.com

engonga

Jul 22, 2005
Espectro said:
Yeah but the problem is that Barzagli is a world Cup winer, a great prospect who is going to play in Europe, in diference with Felipe, wich is not that young and knows that playing with Juventus could be a good move for him, having in consideration that Unidese is not building a great side this season.

Barzagli knows that if he stays in Palermo, in january his chance to be transfer to a big team in Serie A are higher, so he will want to stay in Palermo.

We have to be realistic, there are few players who will want to come to Juve at this moment.
as you said barzagli is a world cup winner and all the big clubs have seen him in the world cupand in the last two years in serie A and they all know what a good player he is so its not these first 4 monthes of this season that will make them interested on him.
and if he comes to juve this year then next year he will play in serie A with a competitive team,the year after hopefully in the champions league and so on......
at his place i would sacrifice and play this year in serie B to have a better future after that
and as i said we wont loose anything if we present an offer to him

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
engonga said:
as you said barzagli is a world cup winner and all the big clubs have seen him in the world cupand in the last two years in serie A and they all know what a good player he is so its not these first 4 monthes of this season that will make them interested on him.
and if he comes to juve this year then next year he will play in serie A with a competitive team,the year after hopefully in the champions league and so on......
at his place i would sacrifice and play this year in serie B to have a better future after that
and as i said we wont loose anything if we present an offer to him
Look engonga,I would like to see Barzagli in Juve but that is not gonna happen because it is not logical.

engonga

Jul 22, 2005
giovanotti said:
Look engonga,I would like to see Barzagli in Juve but that is not gobba happen because it is not logical.
i think that it is possible and logical
ur arguments arent convincing me at all though u didnt give any logical argument

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Love to Barzagli in Juve shirt - I have no doubt in my mind that he will be a best defender in the world sometime in his career. He has physical, mental and technical capacity to be successful. Just looking around the teams, despite our relegation, I can't see any team being equal par with Juve in terms of attraction beside Milan and Inter. Ok not this year, but once we get up in Serie A, imagine the lusture of being part of rebuilding project of top 3-5 team in Europe should be mouth watering prospect for any professional football player.

The key IMO as Giovanetto said, whether Barzagli will move to bigger team in January. Milan will need a center back to partner Nesta given that you can't expect Maldini to be injury free at his age and Stam gone.
Inter will probably not want a player of Barzagli's price and wage give than they already hold expensive defenders in Cordova and Samuel. They will probably buy high risk, but high return type to groom for the future.
Roma, Lazio et al just doesnt have the financial muscle to trouble Palermo, which leaves Fiorentina, Milan and Juve as only viable option IMO if you preclude foreign venture like Real.

Now that Milan doesnt really have a history of adding a high profile player in January but Fiorentina has shown to be aggresive two scenario I can think of is (1) Milan buy Barzagli just before the transfer deadline (most likely IMO) & (2) Fiorentina go aggresive if they are in hunt for CL place and Palermo is out of the race. Now as a Juve fan, I hope (1) Milan get knocked out of CL preliminary round, which means they will less aggressive in the transfer window and (2) both Fiorentina and Palermo finds themself out of CL race.
If these happen I think Juve have a shout.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Espectro said:

Whose passin the weed here? Barzagli is young and Felipe is not that young?

That couldn't have been more wrong! :faq1:

curi83 said:
Why all the people here think that Felipe is old ??? Felipe is only 22 years YOUNG. and barzagli 24 if im not wrong.
Good God somebody brought it up!

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
i have to agree with Espectro and with Gio....Barzagli wouldnt want to come to juve especially as we dont offer him europe.And for him this is very important as he is next in line for the Azzurii now after his heroics in the world cup.

I will say it again...i would prefer Givet or even Faty but if we go for felipe the deal has to be done without the likes of paro,masielo and palladino.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I still find Barzagli to be overrated. The player was playing next to Cannavaro during the World Cup, and even Materazzi looked classy back there along with Fabio's form. Don't be easily mistaken... Materazzi is still crap and Barzagli is indeed not a proven player yet. His last season with Palermo was dodgy at best and I personally saw him make multiple errors while Terlizzi stole the headlines for simply scoring a string of goals. Barzagli is overrated in my opinion and personally I fancy Givet over anybody else.

Felipe is still somewhat untested but I like the looks of him more than Barzagli.

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
Andy said:
I still find Barzagli to be overrated. The player was playing next to Cannavaro during the World Cup, and even Materazzi looked classy back there along with Fabio's form. Don't be easily mistaken... Materazzi is still crap and Barzagli is indeed not a proven player yet. His last season with Palermo was dodgy at best and I personally saw him make multiple errors while Terlizzi stole the headlines for simply scoring a string of goals. Barzagli is overrated in my opinion and personally I fancy Givet over anybody else.

Felipe is still somewhat untested but I like the looks of him more than Barzagli.

i cant agree with that. ya he was playing with canna but he came on when he didnt even think he would play and stepped up. if barzagli came here he would be playing with a one of our veteran defencemen. he could learn alot from this serie B experience. and i think kovac and tudor could teach this kid alot. and he is italian so bring the kid in :D

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Andy said:

agreed that abt pushing for Givet part....Why arent we finalising the deal for him ?i really dont know.

I had the same impression abt barzagli before that australia game, i saw another legro case comming up....but i saw a young player who played well under pressure and held his nerve despite his inexperience..Thats a rare trait in a defender imo.

and abt the mistakes..well am guessing if he had a good defender playing next to him and then he wouldn't look soo bad.Terllizi is not a good defender.

Anyway between the three players i would choose givet cuz he is veristile and has good experience.Also we have our own young "potentially" good defender called Masielo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)