Felipe Melo (6 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Selling Melo will be one of the most stupidest things.

If we get a good replacement I won't whine much. But in case we end up signing some mediocre player... oh boy ...
I agree but I have a question for you, can I also think that what he said is stupid? or would I be contradicting myself?

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
You can keep that line coming to anyone who doesn't agree with you. The facts are clear. Good players that work hard for this club are mistreated and scapegoated. Players that haven't worked hard are being rewarded. If you disagree with anyone protesting that then you're agreeing with the other side of the debate. There isn't much of a grey area in this argument.
Agreed.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I agree but I have a question for you, can I also think that what he said is stupid? or would I be contradicting myself?
Honestly, I've been reading some papers for uni and today I have no idea what's going and I have no idea what he said.

I'm claiming those based on his performances and addition for this club on the field.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Given that he has been extremely popular on this board up until these statements why would they do that?

No reason, it's nonsense.
i know, but they are doing that for months and kept doing that even when he was our best player on the field, i dunno maybe they were frustrating dago fans, but Melo has faced more ill intentioned criticism, that one of our best players should have...
So in one sentence you say that we are all craving for a leader, yet in the next sentence you way that he is mentally fragile and limited. I don't know about you, but that is NOT the type of person that I would want as a leader.

And how exactly has Juventus treated him? In other words, giveing him another chance to redeem himself after a dreadful season and embarassing world cup is being mistreated? May we all be as poorly treated as he has been.

You speak of a bias. I'm very curious as to what your opinion was when they spent 25 million on him, when he was the definition of a walking clusterfuck last year. Yet, you are quick to call Bonnucci overrated, and always point out how they overpaid for him. However, unlike with Melo, you do not seem to be willing to give Bonucci another chance, especially considering that he is far younger than Melo
Yes we do need that and Melo tries to offer what we need, but he is obviously not meant for that.
Still that doesnt change the fact, that he is right.

As for my opinion, i would rather prefer a wingback or LM, def not yet another CM and def not paying that much.
But at least Melo was younger than Dago, more talented than Sissoko, more consistent than Aquilani and more proven besides star player, than Inler.
There are better players out there, but our incompetent management can not do any better.
So, we made a huge and an unjustified investment, but we should settle with that and minimising loses.

IMO we have urgent needs elsewhere, players many classes above Melo are held in starter status, players who dont share his class, consistency and even respect for what our jersey stands for. After a good season with Fiore and NT, Melo price has reached its peak, the worst moment to buy him, but we did so.
We cannot afford to make the same mistakes each and every year.
I see no reason why the replacement of Melo should beset as priority, i see no reason, whe should we sell him for less and pay more, to be an equivalent, at best player.

Silly as he is, Melo also sees that and he is right to bitch about it, he is right to refuse being the scapegoat.

And about Bonucci, 15.5mil+5-7milon players is waaay too much for an unproven defender.
Melo was a midfielder that raised eyebrows (even Real's) with the Brazilian NT, coming from Fiorentina which was in a direct competition with us.
It was normal that we would overpay, i dont agree with that, but its how things work, if you want to sign the hyped ones on fire.
But there was no excuse to spend 20mil on a Bonucci coming from Bari.
Melo being our best CM justify somewhat his price tag, not quite a 25mil price, but a 18mil fits him and we have payed the extra cash foolishly for the hype.
But Bonucci to prove him self as 20mil CB, ought to bring top performances with consistency.
We overpaid for both, but since we did, we now have to live with it, we cannot afford to sell them off and try for others, we need to fix our greatest issues first!

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Honestly, I've been reading some papers for uni and today I have no idea what's going and I have no idea what he said.

I'm claiming those based on his performances and addition for this club on the field.
To sum it up, he said that he feels he is being sold because he read his names in the newspapers included in deals and the club haven't called him to assure him that he is staying.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
How exactly has Melo been mistreated?

Could someone please tell me how? The guy was a joke the season before, and Juve gave him another chance. This is NOT about other players , past or present on this club. THis argument is about Melo.

So please, someone tell me how he has been mistreated.

I'm curious.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Really? Can't I have my own stand to the whole situation?
Well, here's how I see it. The management are incompetent and I don't trust their decisions, I don't like what they have done and doing at the moment. I don't like the fact that they appointed Conte and I don't like the players they have purchased so far. About the players we are linked with, I cannot say a thing as they are just rumours and newspaper talk. The same goes to the players they are trying to sell.

At the same time, I think what Melo said is stupid.

There is absolutely no contradiction in what I said.

Del Piero on his Facebook page said that he is on vacation recharging his batteries and he is thinking of the fans. I like a lot what he said, does this mean I am supporting the management?

As I said, if you see perfect sense in disliking what Melo said as supporting the management then I feel sorry for you and I will try to avoid any discussion with you as I consider it extremely naive and I don't like to discuss with naive people.
Firstly, that's how you should react to posts instead of resorting to name calling and abuse every time Cronios or Andy post. Cronios can shit me too but you give credit and criticism where its due you don't just straight out abuse the man whenever he says something.

Second. Sure you can take it on a case by case basis. You might not agree with the appointment of Conte for example, but when it comes to condemning Melo's criticism on a separate issue (that is treatment of certain players), there is a stark contradiction.

Why would I think you're supporting the management because you like Del Piero's comment on facebook? You're clutching at straws now. I've never been hostile towards you this is a forum you can expect to disagree with people and argue it out from time to time.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Firstly, that's how you should react to posts instead of resorting to name calling and abuse every time Cronios or Andy post. Cronios can shit me too but you give credit and criticism where its due you don't just straight out abuse the man whenever he says something.

Second. Sure you can take it on a case by case basis. You might not agree with the appointment of Conte for example, but when it comes to condemning Melo's criticism on a separate issue (that is treatment of certain players), there is a stark contradiction.

Why would I think you're support thing management because you like Del Piero's comment on facebook? You're clutching at straws now. I've never been hostile towards you this is a forum you can expect to disagree with people and argue it out from time to time.
Please don't include Cronios to every reply you do to me.

Andy called everyone who opposed Melo's statement idiots.

I named Conte as an example, I don't like the loans we got, I don't like Pirlo's transfer, Pazienza, Ziegler. Many things.

But I still don't see the contradiction in thinking what Melo said as stupid.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008

Could someone please tell me how? The guy was a joke the season before, and Juve gave him another chance. This is NOT about other players , past or present on this club. THis argument is about Melo.

I'm curious.
Didn't I already clearly explain that/

May 4, 2004

I'm curious.
When ever a player is being constantly linked to other clubs or transfer deals in the media, the club or a representative will come out and say something about it.. Melo is not leaving, or Melo might not be part of our plans, or something.. Like they did with Marchisio, Buffon, Chiellini etc.. It is very very normal to do that.. whether the player will leave or not. No matter what kind of player you are, important or not you do deserve that from a club. If not thrugh the Media than privat. That is what this managment failed to do.. Just like they did with Diego, Giovinco, Trezeguet etc.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Really? Can't I have my own stand to the whole situation?
Well, here's how I see it. The management are incompetent and I don't trust their decisions, I don't like what they have done and doing at the moment. I don't like the fact that they appointed Conte and I don't like the players they have purchased so far.
You really dont sound that way though, maybe if you stop posting one liners full of mockery and post more of that for a change...
That post over there Jack, was an actual contribution to the topic, but again you didnt miss the chance to call Nenna naive, you are such a biased teaser!

Its ok to tease, its just you, but at least bring smth useful as well like this time and not just bites, as you usually do lately...

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
To sum it up, he said that he feels he is being sold because he read his names in the newspapers included in deals and the club haven't called him to assure him that he is staying.
I actually think it's rather silly if club hides something from players or if they find out that they are being sold by reading newspapers. But maybe that's just me.

Selling him in the first place is stupid, very stupid.

Bashing a club for something like that might sound wrong, but they have a good reason.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
You really dont sound that way though, maybe if you stop posting one liners full of mockery and post more of that for a change...
That post over there Jack, was an actual contribution to the topic, but again you didnt miss the chance to call Nenna naive, you are such a biased teaser!

Its ok to tease, its just you, but at least bring smth useful as well like this time and not just bites, as you usually do lately...
I didn't call Nenna naive, I said it is naive to think that one supports the management if one does not like what Melo said. Big difference.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Please don't include Cronios to every reply you do to me.

Andy called everyone who opposed Melo's statement idiots.

I named Conte as an example, I don't like the loans we got, I don't like Pirlo's transfer, Pazienza, Ziegler. Many things.

But I still don't see the contradiction in thinking what Melo said as stupid.
I take issue with the way you talk to him. Its not on, I'm not just gonna watch you abuse him for no reason. Andy didn't use as strong language as yours.

Yeah yeah I get your point but on THIS ISSUE (treatment of players). You think what Melo said its stupid, it turns out its not and its completely justified. It doesn't matter if you disagree with the management regarding everything else, you must agree with the managements attempts to push him out if you don't agree with his rhetoric. And if you agree with booting Melo, then you must agree with the same cases of Giovinco, Trezeguet, Camoranesi and Diego because the cases are very very similar.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
I actually think it's rather silly if club hides something from players or if they find out that they are being sold by reading newspapers. But maybe that's just me.

Selling him in the first place is stupid, very stupid.

Bashing a club for something like that might sound wrong, but they have a good reason.
Exactly. This argument needed a guru. The links with Melo's replacements are strong so his so called 'paranoia' about being mistreated by the club is justified. Everything he said is fair enough.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Defending Melo as if he's just been blindsided by the club is crazy. He was the one threatening to leave in the middle of a season if Del Neri got sacked.

If he has a problem he or his agent should call the management directly, his comments in the press have been disrespectful to not just them but also his teammates and fans.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I take issue with the way you talk to him. Its not on, I'm not just gonna watch you abuse him for no reason. Andy didn't use as strong language as yours.

Yeah yeah I get your point but on THIS ISSUE (treatment of players). You think what Melo said its stupid, it turns out its not and its completely justified. It doesn't matter if you disagree with the management regarding everything else, you must agree with the managements attempts to push him out if you don't agree with his rhetoric. And if you agree with booting Melo, then you must agree with the same cases of Giovinco, Trezeguet, Camoranesi and Diego because the cases are very very similar.
As I said, when the action happens I will present my stand and before(if it happens, I think it is stupid to sell Melo. So far it is just speculations just like the rumours that we are getting Sanchez.

And NOWHERE did I say that I agree with selling Melo, I only said that I think it is stupid to say what he said. GEEZ

I don't agree with the loaning of Giovinco, the selling of Trezeguet and the selling of Camo but I do agree with the selling of Diego. Take out of it whatever you like, this is my opinion.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Didn't I already clearly explain that/

Because his name is in the papers?

The same guy who said last week that if his name is in the papers, then that means I must be worth a lot and that makes me happy?

Do you see anyone else acting the way he does because their name might be in the papers?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)