Status
Not open for further replies.

Mozart

F*ck the media
Feb 3, 2006
Cronios said:
Juve lodge new appeal
Wednesday 6 September, 2006
Juventus have officially appealed to the CONI for arbitration, while referee Massimo De Santis also fails in his conciliation meeting.

The Calciopoli trial rumbles on in courtrooms throughout the country, as the clubs and individuals seek reductions on their penalties.

Juve had originally threatened to go straight to the civil courts with their case, but the possibility of sanctions saw them step back and now an official appeal has been handed in to the CONI for arbitration.

Now accepting their Serie B status, the Bianconeri are eager to have their 17-point penalty reduced or even wiped out completely.

The conciliation meetings with the FIGC have so far been disappointing, as the two parties are often too far apart in their demands.

Today Tullio Lanese, the former chief of the AIA Referees’ Association, failed to have his two year and six month ban reduced.

Referee De Santis also emerged from the FIGC meeting without a deal to cut his four-year suspension and is now evaluating his options.

“I think the Calciopoli trial was rushed and affected by this desire for rough justice,” said the referee. “I believe that if those judges who made the initial sentences were to evaluate the situation today, they would act differently.”

yea like they gonna do it....fuck this...lets just get with the season and prove these haters wrong on the pitch and try to get to serie A in next year...

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Well somethings gone our way.. although I dont think personally im too bothered considering what didnt go our way, but I guess beggars cant be choosers.

We have our 3 match home ban lifted.

Oct 3, 2004
PhRoZeN said:
Well somethings gone our way.. although I dont think personally im too bothered considering what didnt go our way, but I guess beggars cant be choosers.

We have our 3 match home ban lifted.
Thank goodness for that. Let's hope we can reduce that -17 even more. :rolleyes:

I read on Channel4 that Juve will be playing home games at the Turin "Olympic stadium"...is that Delle Alpi or Comunale? (there's a Filadelfia too which I believe is an old and rotten ground)

Actually, can someone answer these questions once and for all, as I am (as usual) quite confused:

Will Juve and Torino continue to share the same stadium? Who will move to which stadium as of this year?

Cheers....

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Juve home ban suspended Thursday 7 September, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus will play their first Serie B home game at Turin’s Olympic Stadium after their three-match ban was suspended.

The decision was taken after the Bianconeri’s official CONI arbitration appeal was lodged as the club continues the fight to see their 17-point penalty reduced or completely cancelled.

Chairman Luigi Ronzani examined the acts and ordered the “immediate suspension of the secondary penalty represented by the home match ban until the ruling is announced”.

This decision mirrors the one taken for the other clubs involved in the Calciopoli scandal who will go to arbitration - namely Milan, Fiorentina and Lazio.

However, Ronzani confirmed that the 120,000 Euros fine that was also handed out to Juventus in July still stands.

Philipp00

Jan 31, 2004
Rhizoid said:
Thank goodness for that. Let's hope we can reduce that -17 even more. :rolleyes:

I read on Channel4 that Juve will be playing home games at the Turin "Olympic stadium"...is that Delle Alpi or Comunale? (there's a Filadelfia too which I believe is an old and rotten ground)

Actually, can someone answer these questions once and for all, as I am (as usual) quite confused:

Will Juve and Torino continue to share the same stadium? Who will move to which stadium as of this year?

Cheers....

Both teams will play in the turin olympic stadium (=Stadio Comunale). Perhaps some big games will be played in the delle alpi.

hobbit

Feb 16, 2004
Philipp00 said:
Both teams will play in the turin olympic stadium (=Stadio Comunale). Perhaps some big games will be played in the delle alpi.
will this be for the entire season and is this because they are renovating delle alpi? i thot that plan was postponed.. anyway i hope this time around we'll get good attendance..

Philipp00

Jan 31, 2004
hobbit said:
will this be for the entire season and is this because they are renovating delle alpi? i thot that plan was postponed.. anyway i hope this time around we'll get good attendance..
The plans to renovate the delle alpi are postponed. we will play in the comunale (season tickets get sold for the comunale). perhaps we play some big games in the delle alpi. I think the size of the comunale is better for serie B. the atmosphere will be much better in a stadium with 30.000 people than in the big and half-empty delle alpi.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
I still don't quite understand why we are playing in the Communale? If the renovations are posponed, then why cant we play at the Delle Alpi? I read from the club info that Juve will officially spend 1 year there. I know it'll be half empty and all, but I mean we already leased it till 2100, might as well use it, no?

Philipp00

Jan 31, 2004
- vOnAm - said:
I still don't quite understand why we are playing in the Communale? If the renovations are posponed, then why cant we play at the Delle Alpi? I read from the club info that Juve will officially spend 1 year there. I know it'll be half empty and all, but I mean we already leased it till 2100, might as well use it, no?
perhaps we have also a contract for the comunale for this season and the management thinks that with our average attendance from around 25.000 a stadium with around 30.000 places creates a better atmosphere than a half-empty delle alpi. Moreover the comunale is newly renovated and nearer to the city.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
We are on the eve of our first game, which most of us wont get to see btw, and we STILL have a 17 point penalty against us !!!!

I have 2 words for Gigli, team management, and all the brain surgeons on our forum who said it was best that we didnt go to TAR, and we would be given just a 5 point penalty...

F#@K YOU !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)