Farsopoli(Calciopoli) (29 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Juve 'need five years' to recover Saturday 9 September, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus begin their Serie B adventure this afternoon, but director Jean Claude Blanc warns it’ll take five years for them to return to their former glories.

“We’re in Serie B and out of Europe, so we need to renegotiate our sponsorship contracts. We had to have a solid and credible project to convince Tamoil at the other business partners to stay, explaining this team will return to the top,” said the Frenchman.

“Sky Italia and Nike are also interested in remaining, as this is an opportunity for them to share in the history of a club that has its roots in 109 years of glory. I’ll propose a four-year contract with Tamoil, because that’s how long we’ll need to complete the project.”

The Bianconeri hope to achieve promotion back into the top flight immediately, even with the 17-point Calciopoli handicap, but Blanc warns the fans will need to be more patient.

“We must be clear and explain to the supporters that we are doing the utmost to defend the honour and reputation of Juventus. We all want the same thing, but if I say we’ll need four or five years to achieve it, that’s realistic rather than a lack of ambition. With Juve in Serie B we have reached the end of an era and it took a long time to build that squad.”

The Turin giants are already out of the Coppa Italia and begin their campaign away to Rimini this afternoon.

“We have maintained a competitive side with eight internationals,” pointed out Blanc. “It wasn’t a wise decision from a financial perspective, but if we consider our ambitions and the history of this side, it was the correct choice.”

David Trezeguet and Mauro Camoranesi were angling for summer moves, but both remained at Juventus.

“We could’ve sold more champions and freed ourselves of top flight wages, but we gave the priority to sporting merit to get back into Serie A. This is what made us hold firm with those players who wanted to leave. We respect your contract, you must do the same. They understood and accepted the challenge. We won’t forget that.”

Others decided to help the rebirth of this club, including Alessandro Del Piero, Gianluigi Buffon and Pavel Nedved.

“I thanked all of them yesterday and it won’t be hard to remember them – there weren’t many who chose to help Juventus.”

Buy on AliExpress.com

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Juve 'reclaim' Scudetto shield Saturday 9 September, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus may have had the Scudetto revoked, but they were wearing the Tricolore symbol in Serie B today – on a special wristband.

The title holders have the right to wear the shield on their shirts and, as a result of the Calciopoli scandal, the 2005-06 Championship was revoked and handed to Inter instead.

However, the team kept its achievements in full view during today’s Serie B debut at Rimini, wearing special wristbands with the Scudetto insignia.

All the players had this item, as did directors John and Lapo Elkann and director Jean Claude Blanc.

AbuGadanzieri

Jan 8, 2006
i believe moggi

what you think please discuss

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/sep10j.html

Moggi "was protecting Juve" Sunday 10 September, 2006

Disgraced director general Luciano Moggi went on television today to insist he was only trying to protect Juventus from the “real powers” in football.

“My mistake was in trying to protect Juventus,” explained the transfer guru at the centre of the Calciopoli trial.

“For nine years this club didn’t win anything in Italy and now they’ll go back to that record, because the real system was not the one people might think.”

Moggi’s wiretapped telephone conversations with high-ranking officials in the FIGC and Referees’ Association were the reason Juve were demoted to Serie B with a 17-point penalty, but he insists he did nothing wrong.

“All I ever did was ask questions to check that the best referees were in place and I don’t think that is sporting fraud. It’s true, I made phone calls, just like many others did. Where are the rules barring conversation?”

Banned from taking a job in football as a result of the trial, Moggi is now interviewed by a series of television companies in a bid to clear his name.

“I have understood that the public knows what happened, that I did nothing wrong. When it comes to wiretapped telephone calls, you have to do a complete job and not just for one person or a certain percentage of these conversations.”

Juventus are now in Serie B and, while their appeal could see the 17-point penalty reduced, Moggi believes there were power games at work far stronger than his own.

“Something happened in the trial to prevent me from defending myself. Juve’s lawyer also made a mistake in accepting Serie B with a penalty. Gianni Agnelli hired me and unfortunately he is no longer with us. If he had been here, all of this wouldn’t have happened.”

The legendary figures of the Agnelli family, Gianni and his brother Umberto, died in recent years and it’s widely believed that the club has lost its way without their leadership.

Philipp00

Jan 31, 2004
I would call it lobbying what moggi did. he did not pay money to referees or give them presents. he just wanted that we get the best referees for our games.

A few years ago Roma gave Rolex watches to referees. Nothing happened to them. When they and lazio had too much debts there was a law made for them. Sensi falsified the balance sheets. Nothing happens to roma. only sensi gets problems.

I don`t want to say that we did nothing wrong but why do we get punished so hard and other clubs get away with nothing?

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
"Gianni Agnelli hired me and unfortunately he is no longer with us. If he had been here, all of this wouldn’t have happened.”

Moggi was hired to "protect", i m sure of it, but he grew stronger, much stronger, the others coudnt accept that, they tried to buy him, they couldnt, so they destroyed him, Juve was helpeless to react, been saying this for years... we need someone like Gianni or we sould stand down and let the teams that have such powerfull persons win everything.

AbuGadanzieri

Jan 8, 2006
Cronios said:
"Gianni Agnelli hired me and unfortunately he is no longer with us. If he had been here, all of this wouldn’t have happened.”

Moggi was hired to "protect", i m sure of it, but he grew stronger, much stronger, the others coudnt accept that, they tried to buy him, they couldnt, so they destroyed him, Juve was helpeless to react, been saying this for years... we need someone like Gianni or we sould stand down and let the teams that have such powerfull persons win everything.

i agree

d.nico

Apr 23, 2003
Cronios said:

110% Agree :agree:

This is the real scandal.
The man that has a power in Juve are gone. No one to protect us anymore. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)