Would you keep Quagliarella?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
We're not stuck with Quag. We actually need the guy.

Unlike Quag, we absolutely have no reason on keeping Matri here. He simply just have to go.

:chin:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Matri, Quagliarella and Giovinco are staying because we will not be able to sell them withing 9 days. It doesn't matter anyway, they will not play too much.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
With nine days to go till the end of the transfer period, I'm worried we'll be stuck with him and Matri. That would be a disaster.
Not really.

Who said anything about 25 goals? So why did he not play?
Why he didn't play and him being an effective player have no co-relation at least IMO. I understand when you talk about a team system and mechanics and players with certain kinds of abilities fitting those roles. With skillsets, certain kind of movements, defensive contributions, and in game understanding.

I think Quag began Conte's regime with a bit of a handicap. He was injured when the coach arrived, or recovering from one. So it kind of began with him, well down the pecking order anyway. It is testament to his ability that he created the opportunities for himself like he did, despite being 4-5th choice striker to Conte and not fitting his system and mechanics. And I'd even go as far as saying that Conte was kind of stubborn with Gio like he was with Borriello the season before. I do genuinely think that if Quag or even Matri were given such a run, they'd have given us a more favourable return, which they almost anyway did.

Point being, him not starting was down to multiple reasons. He hasn't exactly been the luckiest striker on the team because even when he showed good form he didn't get the continuity. Our problem, despite our superb system, well oiled machine like displays, was strikers scoring goals despite all that game time. Quag in that respect, did his job well enough to have been considered effective.

It's important that we offload this player asap. Very important.
Why is it very important? What will happen if we don't offload him??

We're not stuck with Matri. We actually need the guy.

Unlike Matri, we absolutely have no reason on keeping Quag here. He simply just have to go.
:lol:

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Fat Sam Saying they (west ham) have no money, so unless the chairmen come up with the money, sell players, or some sort of deal for Fabio then he's not coming.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
So your going to be OK with Quags replacing Iaquinta as a ghost? Believe it or not, that's what going to happen if we end up with SIX strikers.
I think it's probably clear to everyone by now that Quag and Matri are more competent players than Iaq and Amauri. I think neither of them, as players with ability would want to sit on the bench in a world cup year. They themselves will want to move. And Quag in fact has already agreed terms with West Ham, it's the clubs that haven't agreed a move. Also, you should consider these cases as very different because Quag and Matri earn almost half of what the other two earned, which they will perhaps earn elsewhere. So there is really no reason for them to stay if they're not needed. And in conclusion, you'll notice that the club are treating them with respect and letting them have a say in what they'd like to do and not just shunting them out, because they are respected for the good work they have done in their time with us. I think we should do the same as fans.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
I think it's probably clear to everyone by now that Quag and Matri are more competent players than Iaq and Amauri.
Yet the actual numbers that I posted a while ago show that Iaquinta delivered more for us than Quag (& Matri?).

So how exactly is it clear that Quag & Matri are more competent than him? Obviously comparing Quag's current situation with the one Iaquinta was in a few seasons ago, not the situation right now for both players.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Yet the actual numbers that I posted a while ago show that Iaquinta delivered more for us than Quag (& Matri?).

So how exactly is it clear that Quag & Matri are more competent than him? Obviously comparing Quag's current situation with the one Iaquinta was in a few seasons ago, not the situation right now for both players.
They are more competent because they actually want and are capable to play football and are not overpaid. Iaquinta did very well with us till his injuries and I'm a big fan, but his situation at that injury point 2 years ago was a disaster we couldn't avoid, obviously we couldn't even get rid of him for free. Quag and Matri situations are very different.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
I think it's probably clear to everyone by now that Quag and Matri are more competent players than Iaq and Amauri. I think neither of them, as players with ability would want to sit on the bench in a world cup year. They themselves will want to move. And Quag in fact has already agreed terms with West Ham, it's the clubs that haven't agreed a move. Also, you should consider these cases as very different because Quag and Matri earn almost half of what the other two earned, which they will perhaps earn elsewhere. So there is really no reason for them to stay if they're not needed. And in conclusion, you'll notice that the club are treating them with respect and letting them have a say in what they'd like to do and not just shunting them out, because they are respected for the good work they have done in their time with us. I think we should do the same as fans.
Its not about competency with the two players. I hope that both of them leave as you believe they would. I don't think any of them will be with the national team for WC regardless of where they're playing. My main issue with this is, Come September 1st, if we still have six strikers, it's a fail from the management, however way you look at it.

Go play your PlayStation, kiddo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)