Would you keep Quagliarella?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Fair enough if you don't want to classify him a starter minutes wise, but are the minutes comparison telling the whole story? If my memory serves me right, Amauri and Trez were both injured for some spells, and Iaq had a good run of games under Ranieri, post which Trez and Ranieri had a fallout and Iaq got a lot of games under him. Close to 38 in all competitions?? The season in which he scored 16 goals IIRC.

Also, 2009-2010 and 2010-2011 minutes arent telling the story in its entirety, because again, as far as I remember, Iaq under Ferarra's reign was a starter, till injury sidelined him for close to 6 months if not more. And those injury woes continued even after Marrotta came in and signed Quag.
I think Iaquinta at his peak was always the '3rd' striker. Del Piero was obviously a first choice, and then it alternated with Trez and then Amauri, fitness permitting. Of course Vinny himself had some severe fitness problems, but then only adds to the argument against his selection.

Buy on AliExpress.com

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I think Iaquinta at his peak was always the '3rd' striker. Del Piero was obviously a first choice, and then it alternated with Trez and then Amauri, fitness permitting. Of course Vinny himself had some severe fitness problems, but then only adds to the argument against his selection.
Sure, Ale-Trez would be untouched, perhaps even moreso after Serie B. but I'd still say that Iaq had a lot more continuity at Juve (injury woes aside). And i do think he had become a starter under Ferrara before injury sidelined him. So i think he had a lot more continuity in his time than Matri and Quag have had in theirs.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Did a little bit of research on our striking combinations from last year. Only did the Serie A stats for now, as it takes a bit of time and I can't be arsed to do all competitions right now:

Occasions when one striker is used (such as end of game, or when Marchisio played SS) not counted. Goals and assists given as part of said partnership (assists overall, not just to partners).

Vucinic & Giovinco
Minutes: 884
Goals: 7 (126 minutes per goal)
Assists: 1

Quagliarella & Giovinco
Minutes: 456
Goals: 5 (91 mpg)
Assists: 3

Vucinic & Matri
Minutes: 351
Goals: 6 (59 mpg)
Assists: 2

Matri & Giovinco
Minutes: 337
Goals: 3 (112 mpg)

Vucinic & Quagliarella
Minutes: 301
Goals: 5 (60 mpg)
Assists: 0

Matri & Quagliarella
Minutes: 219
Goals: 3 (73 mpg)

Vucinic & Bendtner
Minutes: 108
Goals: 0

Quagliarella & Bendtner
Minutes: 90
Goals: 1 (90 mpg)

Giovinco & Bendtner
Minutes: 63

Vucinic & Quagliarella & Giovinco
Minutes: 41

Vucinic & Giovinco & Bendtner
Minutes: 37
Goals: 1 (37 mpg)

Vucinic & Matri & Giovinco
Minutes: 23
Goals: 3 (8 mpg)

Matri & Anelka
Minutes: 22

Matri & Giovinco & Anelka
Minutes: 20

Quagliarella & Giovinco & Bendtner
Minutes: 13

Vucinic & Matri & Bendtner
Minutes: 12

Matri & Giovinco & Bendtner
Minutes: 7

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Did a little bit of research on our striking combinations from last year. Only did the Serie A stats for now, as it takes a bit of time and I can't be arsed to do all competitions right now:

Occasions when one striker is used (such as end of game, or when Marchisio played SS) not counted. Goals and assists given as part of said partnership (assists overall, not just to partners).

Vucinic & Giovinco
Minutes: 884
Goals: 7 (126 minutes per goal)

Quagliarella & Giovinco
Minutes: 456
Goals: 5 (91 mpg)

Vucinic & Matri
Minutes: 351
Goals: 6 (59 mpg)
Assists: 2

Matri & Giovinco
Minutes: 337
Goals: 3 (112 mpg)

Vucinic & Quagliarella
Minutes: 301
Goals: 5 (60 mpg)

Matri & Quagliarella
Minutes: 219
Goals: 3 (73 mpg)

Vucinic & Bendtner
Minutes: 108

Quagliarella & Bendtner
Minutes: 90
Goals: 1 (90 mpg)

Giovinco & Bendtner
Minutes: 63

Vucinic & Quagliarella & Giovinco
Minutes: 41

Vucinic & Giovinco & Bendtner
Minutes: 37
Goals: 1 (37 mpg)

Vucinic & Matri & Giovinco
Minutes: 23
Goals: 3 (8 mpg)

Matri & Anelka
Minutes: 22

Matri & Giovinco & Anelka
Minutes: 20

Quagliarella & Giovinco & Bendtner
Minutes: 13

Vucinic & Matri & Bendtner
Minutes: 12

Matri & Giovinco & Bendtner
Minutes: 7

Fuckin eh! JuveJay.

Dec 31, 2008
“Quagliarella? He’s a great player, I’d take him straight away,” former Inter and Brescia Coach Lucescu told TuttoJuve.com.
“I don’t think it will be easy to convince him to accept Ukraine. I always wanted him two months ago, but at the time it was not possible to start real negotiations.
“We’ll see what happens in this last week before the transfer deadline. Time is tight, but it’s possible a door will open with the Bianconeri.”

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Ukranian league might be meh, but from all the teams that have been interested in Quag recently, Shakhtar is the best one.
There are probably many teams that enquirer and/or lost interest due to a non-loan agreement. Or our other terms, or player salary etc. we just don't hear about those deals. I think somewhere lot more clubs want our players on loan seeing that we use this tactic ourselves. I'm sure if we were an out and out purchasing club, they'd try this a lot less with us.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
So it seems that Juve are willing to accept a minimum of 7M for Quag (based on the West Ham deal), but I'd hope to get at LEAST 10M for a team that will be playing in the CL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)