Would you keep Quagliarella?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
I'm not sure what is expected here.. he did the best he could in the little minutes played and turned out be very good. 1 goal every 119 minutes or 1g/a every 91 minutes. Top CL scorer and 13g + 4a overall.

But somehow that's not good enough and clearly his poor goalscoring efforts account for his lack of playing time...

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
The stats campaign is all well and good but I'm talking about partnerships and cohesion on the pitch, the relationship with other players (no, not how often they went to dinner together) and role in the team shape.

I think it's also at best debatable that he was 'very good' last season, and I assume 'poor goalscoring efforts' is in italics because you just made it up.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
The stats campaign is all well and good but I'm talking about partnerships and cohesion on the pitch, the relationship with other players (no, not how often they went to dinner together) and role in the team shape.

I think it's also at best debatable that he was 'very good' last season, and I assume 'poor goalscoring efforts' is in italics because you just made it up.
So Quag supposedly has worse partnerships with other players, but has great efficiency for minutes/goals. But you would play someone like Matri over him who is proven to be less effective because he might have better partnerships with other players? or fits team shape better (arsenal logic)

(srs question)

If you look at the minutes played in comparison to Vucinic & Gio, and his goals & assists compared to them, I think his efforts could be described as very good, at least relatively in Juventus squad.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
If Quagliarella hits 10 goals in from 35 yards, and say, Matri hits 9 goals in from 6 yards all assisted by Vucinic does that mean that Quagliarella has a comparable or better partnership with Vucinic? Does it mean he combines better with his team mates?

By their very being they are going to be different in that respect, because Matri requires assistance to score, Quagliarella does not. That is a 1 up for him in the dick measurement. But that is also a frustrating part of his game when he tries so hard to do it at the expense of good choices.

Move away from stats and figures, I repeat again, and for the final time, I'm talking about what I see on the pitch and combinations. This has to come into Conte's thinking. Look at what our team essentially is; it's a real team, a methodical machine. It's not like several of the big teams you see over recent years, where they rely on virtuoso performances or moments of brilliance.

If the choice does come down to him it's like picking a maverick or a classic poacher. Personally I think it'll come down to money, and who the better cash offer is made for.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
I don't think Conte appreciates Matri's poor ball control and passing.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree about the last part though. I wouldn't be surprised if we sell both tbh.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Maybe. He's quite a specific type of player, you need to get the ball into him rather than build play. That does suit some games, just as Quagliarella's style does. But for starting strikers it's clear we are looking for players more rounded.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 41)