Fabio Quagliarella (59 Viewers)

Would you keep Quagliarella?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I hope he'll have the worst birthday of his life.
That's just unnecessary bro.

- - - Updated - - -

You wouldn't sell him on his birthday.
You never know. Monaco have stepped up their interest. I still think one of Quag and Vuci will be gone by end of day today. I'd feel bad if either went. It's not required till the end of season. And I genuinely think they'd get some game time eight the Europa.

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #13,958
    @baggio

It's always you who defend Quag and I don't remember you taking the side to defend Giovinco. You dodge the more important things in order to defend non-existing things such as important CL, a competition where we don't compete anymore. What if Quag didn't score those goals in CL? Nothing, nothing would be different. You can't say those what if -- to say what if we went through the group -- because we didn't. You're going with this argument Quag scored in CL and it's way more important cause Giovinco scored in Coppa only and it doesn't make any sense. What if Giovinco didn't score his goal against Milan this season? we'd have Roma standing on ass at this point.

Yes, I'm comparing Giovinco with Quag so far, like we do for any other player. Both were just as effective and Giovinco has 200 minutes less on the pitch, how can you say 200 means nothing at this point? That's more than 2 whole matches.

Goals+Assists
    20 goal+assist: Vidal
    18 goal+assist: Tevez
    13 goal+assist: Pogba, Llorente
    8 goal+assist: Lichtsteiner
    5 goal+assist: Giovinco, Quagliarella, Bonucci, Pirlo, Chiellini
    3 goal+assist: Peluso, Vucinic
    2 goal+assist: Asamoah, Caceres
    1 goal+assist: Isla, Marchisio

Giovinco has 447 minutes on the pitch and the least of our strikers, even less than Mirko. Quag has 654 minutes and it's a huge difference.

Now, you say Quag delivers goals, which I find a silly thing to say simply because he scored 1 goal in Serie A this season. Giovinco has been disappointing so far and saying Quag has been better makes no sense whatsoever -- and it's the main reason why you overrate Quag way too much. He's a so-so back-up but with the first bid we should sell him, because he's not good enough for Juve. Same goes for Giovinco.

Yes, last season Quag played less than Giovinco and was just as effective. But nobody mentions that Giovinco was a vital part of our team to win Scudetto, score goals in the CL and drag us through the 1/8 and 1/4 of Coppa as well. He played more because he provided and was more useful to the team. But yes, Quag was good then and did his job well enough.Is one season enough to prove your point of him as a player? Of course it ain't. Let's go one year back, when we also won a Scudetto. Quag played 1000 minutes and he had 4 goals and zero assists which made him be less effective than Lichtsteiner and Giaccherini.

So bottom line -- yeah you overrate him way too much -- as he's not that great at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 59)