Fabio Quagliarella (9 Viewers)

Would you keep Quagliarella?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I am not making a judgement on him, believe me. I understand him completely. Now obviously I'm not going to act as if I know what Quag's is thinking right now, but I could see this being his reasoning and I fully understand it. I bet he's comfortable as hell in the luxury that Juventus offers and its not easy to give up all of that and money to play for a team like Cardiff or Genoa.

Difference between Quag and Amauri and Iaquinta is that the step down he has to make is so much smaller which makes his decision to stick around even more weird. Amauri and Iaquinta would be the biggest fools to let go of what Juventus offered them in that contract. Iaquinta and Amauri would have had to leave so much more than what is asked of Quag. There was no Premier League offers for those guys or top German teams, there was Siena, Parma and shit like that. Quag has good choices, its just that he's being so unreasonable right now.
Not at all. When you're saying step down, you're making it about the money. That may or may not always be the reason, like I suggested earlier. I don't know if you're aware, but Quag asked for a move to Sampdoria, but they couldn't afford to pay Juve their fee as per GDM. He accepted a 1.5m salary, which is a pay cut, to move to Lazio, but agaisn they refused or couldn't afford Juve's asking price. Also, unlike the other two comparisons, Quag can still make a difference at most teams in Italy, and hes perhaps holding out for that, vis a vis make a cultural shift at a late stage in his career. Fair enough if you ask me.

You think he's not seeing how unsettled the likes of Giaccherini and Osvaldo are as a result of their choices? Surely, it has some bearing, especially in this stage of his career, so he's well within his right if he doesn't want to go to a team where he'll probably have to find himself unsettled once they're relegated. I wouldn't blame him or even Gio who will probably also be on the way out if they don't want to go to teams like Cardiff, West Ham etc.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Quag reminds me of a low budget Hollywood production with a cult following.

Anyway, I hope both him and Vucinic excel in the EL (to raise their respective prices and attract more bidders in the summer). Osvaldo doesn't concern me as he isn't technically our player (a loan with an option is gratifyingly not a guarantee of anything), so he is most likely to be shipped back to where he cam from in 5-6 months. Another Bendtner/Borriello/Anelka story.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)