Would you keep Quagliarella?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
I wanted him to stay at first, but seriously what the fuck is he thinking.

"Quagliarella instead received an offer from Cardiff, who also spoke with Juventus. But the player is not going to take it into consideration."

Is he expecting Real Madrid to make an offer for him?

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010

"Quagliarella instead received an offer from Cardiff, who also spoke with Juventus. But the player is not going to take it into consideration."

All that character, I guess. Getting tired of his shit.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Cardiff is a disgusting destination though. If I were him I'd rather wait on a Serie A team like Parma or Samp instead of those Welsh fuckers.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
This is the problem with signing slightly above average players like Quag. When Quag got here the best team he has played for before was Napoli. Now all of a sudden he's in the #1 team in Italy and he's gotten used to the top quality organization that comes with being a part of a team like Juventus. Either move to Cardiff, Sampdoria or whatever the fuck is available out there and go into oblivion or stick around in Juventus and collect high salary while getting to enjoy all the perks that comes with being a Juventus player.

Some players just don't deserve to be in a high quality club and when they by a miracle finally end up getting there they'll won't let it go that easily. That is why guys like Iaquinta, Amauri and plenty of others did everything they could to stick around.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
@JuveJay can we ban the clowns from this thread with all the constant spamming of hate?
Yea, I thought we all had warnings sent out about this earlier in the season. Not enough regulation.

He accepted Lazio but the club refused the offer. So I think he's within his rights to refuse a shit club with little prospects. Quag himself requested a move to Sampdoria, so he's not being unreasonable. You have to consider, the destination entails a lifestyle choice too. This is true for all footballers. Vucinic has just refused Arsenal. It's unlikely he'll find a much better club at this point, but he did so for personal reasons.

This is the problem with signing slightly above average players like Quag. When Quag got here the best team he has played for before was Napoli. Now all of a sudden he's in the #1 team in Italy and he's gotten used to the top quality organization that comes with being a part of a team like Juventus. Either move to Cardiff, Sampdoria or whatever the fuck is available out there and go into oblivion or stick around in Juventus and collect high salary while getting to enjoy all the perks that comes with being a Juventus player.

Some players just don't deserve to be in a high quality club and when they by a miracle finally end up getting there they'll won't let it go that easily. That is why guys like Iaquinta, Amauri and plenty of others did everything they could to stick around.
Truth is most of us would make similar choices in our own careers. You and I would be wrong to make this moral judgment. Most of these players give a lot and sacrifice a lot to get to where they are in their careers. Quag is no different. Do you think Gio would accept a move to Cardiff from Juve when he's done being on the bench at the age of 30? There has to be a semblance of fairness in a proposed move. It's not just related to money.

And once you get to the place you think is the pinnacle of your career, then your next move will always have to have a motivation to it. Whether its money, lifestyle or family. I disagree with you and everyone else who thinks this is a Iaquinta or Amauri situation coz you're forgetting that the latter two were on almost double the salary Quag is on and didn't contribute as much over their careers here. And if you think some players don't deserve to be in top clubs, that's a fair argument but then that holds true for categories of players including the ones who are only here for no other reason but their primavera history.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Yea, I thought we all had warnings sent out about this earlier in the season. Not enough regulation.

He accepted Lazio but the club refused the offer. So I think he's within his rights to refuse a shit club with little prospects. Quag himself requested a move to Sampdoria, so he's not being unreasonable. You have to consider, the destination entails a lifestyle choice too. This is true for all footballers. Vucinic has just refused Arsenal. It's unlikely he'll find a much better club at this point, but he did so for personal reasons.

Truth is most of us would make similar choices in our own careers. You and I would be wrong to make this moral judgment. Most of these players give a lot and sacrifice a lot to get to where they are in their careers. Quag is no different. Do you think Gio would accept a move to Cardiff from Juve when he's done being on the bench at the age of 30? There has to be a semblance of fairness in a proposed move. It's not just related to money.

And once you get to the place you think is the pinnacle of your career, then your next move will always have to have a motivation to it. Whether its money, lifestyle or family. I disagree with you and everyone else who thinks this is a Iaquinta or Amauri situation coz you're forgetting that the latter two were on almost double the salary Quag is on and didn't contribute as much over their careers here. And if you think some players don't deserve to be in top clubs, that's a fair argument but then that holds true for categories of players including the ones who are only here for no other reason but their primavera history.
I am not making a judgement on him, believe me. I understand him completely. Now obviously I'm not going to act as if I know what Quag's is thinking right now, but I could see this being his reasoning and I fully understand it. I bet he's comfortable as hell in the luxury that Juventus offers and its not easy to give up all of that and money to play for a team like Cardiff or Genoa.

Difference between Quag and Amauri and Iaquinta is that the step down he has to make is so much smaller which makes his decision to stick around even more weird. Amauri and Iaquinta would be the biggest fools to let go of what Juventus offered them in that contract. Iaquinta and Amauri would have had to leave so much more than what is asked of Quag. There was no Premier League offers for those guys or top German teams, there was Siena, Parma and shit like that. Quag has good choices, its just that he's being so unreasonable right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)