Fabio Quagliarella (10 Viewers)

Would you keep Quagliarella?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
I thought Quag had a decent game tonight. It's clear that he's troubled in his mind, that stomp to Robinho's heels is the proof. But he does show really good technique sometimes, like that beautiful pass which set Giaccherini through in front of Abbiati. Matri doesn't look like a player who can get near that in the near future, in my opinion.

but atleast matri gets the freaking ball in the net, unlike quag

Buy on AliExpress.com

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
@agp: Well said. His body language has been a bit off though. Could be the trade talk, or maybe just the lack of minutes to contribute substantially to the team. You can see though that he really really wants to contribute to the team. His movement was off, but there were some good moments that reminded me of the pre injury Quag. Still got football left in him. Lets give him a chance guys.

I am John

The Anallist
May 1, 2012
@agp: Well said. His body language has been a bit off though. Could be the trade talk, or maybe just the lack of minutes to contribute substantially to the team. You can see though that he really really wants to contribute to the team. His movement was off, but there were some good moments that reminded me of the pre injury Quag. Still got football left in him. Lets give him a chance guys.
He's working hard, saw him many times dropping deep to help the defense, but that's it. Should give him chance too revive his career by selling him. We need a proper finisher now and he wont provides goals we need.

Apr 15, 2006
Fact is that neither Matri nor Quagliarella give us the confidence we expect from a forward. Both have had a bad stretch in official matches. With Vucinic and Gio there, they'll find much lesser playing time. One of them has to go. It all depends on who fits our tactics better. Hope we make the right decision.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
I have an opinion about Quagliarella. This guy is almost 30 and knows he's not going to be a starter at Juve again. He can be bright sometimes, but really annoying at other times. I think he's not very motivated coming from the bench. His time with Juve apparently is gone. We should replace him for a younger player who is hungrier than him. Get really careless a lot of times.

Summing it up, Quags problem isn't his skills, he's way more skilled than Matri. It's his head. This guy is clearly not satisfied as a role player. Lacks proper motivation. If we could find a younger, cheaper and decently skilled player..

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I actually thought Quag-Matri together had a better game than Vuci-Gio today in my humble opinion. I don't agree with age being an issue here. Even at 30, he has about 3 decent years of service left off him. I dint think its being down the pecking order that's bothering him. I think its his own mistakes, movement that are at times leading him to commit mistakes and that's manifesting itself with tackles like the one on Robinho. He is still good to be at Juve, he just needs to settle down a bit, and he'll be fine. You can see the guy never stops trying. He wants to be able to help the team in whatever way he can. He can only do this with good effect if he calms down and doesn't try too hard.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Age is an issue not in performance terms, but in mental terms. He's getting older and he knows if he doesn't become an important player for a team now he won't ever do it again. If he left for Fiorentina he would be a very important player for them, in a revamped and talented team.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Quagliarella seems to be the vain kind of player. Likes to try impossible goals, etc. It's very important to his performances if he feels important to the team, which is not happening not now and not even in the foreseeable future.

Anyway, if we're not able to find a cheap young player to replace him, then he should stay. It's not a must.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Very sad to see the obvious decline in his abilities after his horrible injury. I think he's almost finished at this level and we should sell him if any half decent offer comes along. Cant really offer us much if he can't score. He has almost zero pace and is not really much of a dribbler or a guy who can beat a man.

Feel bad for the guy.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
It's more psychological. He's still got pretty decent technique. I don't think he's finished though as some seem to suggest. Pedro you make a good point about his vanity, and need for importance. That could well be bothering him alongwith not being able to help his teammates.

Jul 1, 2010
Very sad to see the obvious decline in his abilities after his horrible injury. I think he's almost finished at this level and we should sell him if any half decent offer comes along. Cant really offer us much if he can't score. He has almost zero pace and is not really much of a dribbler or a guy who can beat a man.

Feel bad for the guy.
My exact thoughts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)