Fabio Grosso (5 Viewers)

adelove

The Very Special One
Sep 29, 2003

1. no more crosses from our fullbacks that take out the floodlights and unfortunate
birds flying over-head

2. we have a new 'sweet left foot'

3. one more option for freekicks

4. more towering headers for amauri,iaquinta,trezeguet,chillelini,legrotagglie and
cannavaro

5. one more player who 'failed' at :inter: but will become a champion in turin

:flag1:

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Man, I remember that Goal against Germany and the final Penalty Kick like it was yesterday.

I remember calling Vinman and Pado seconds after it happened and we were just yelling and screaming and so happy.

Those were good times

Mar 14, 2004
2 months ago,I had never-ending discussion about how Grosso is needed and would be a great signing.....and now the same people that blasted me and pronounced a Cristico a God of all leftbacks in the world....welcome Grosso and claim that Grosso is the great Secco's finish of a transfer window :) Mrtva psihijatrija.....

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
How much did we pay for Grosso?

I heard people here saying we bought him for 3m eur, but on Juventus.com it says that we bought him for 2m eur, paid in 3 installments over the next 3 years.

http://www.juventus.it/site/ita/NEWS_newseventi_AA6B748EAA1F41EF914186556CD70A5E.asp

It could go up to 3m eur with bonuses (performances, winning scudetto, winning CL etc), but not necessarily.
For now it's 2m eur.
It was reported as £3m on Football Italia. That's probably where people got the €3m from. I'd say the official site is right.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
I am interested to see what Ciro has planned for De Ceglie. Whether he wants to persevere with his development as an attacking left back, or instead, see what he can do on the left of a central trio of midfielders. Either way it seems clear that he wants to keep the youngster. Its also apparent that Ciro, as most of us also, recognizes the need for proven quality on the flank, especially with our new formation. De Ceglie is nowhere near ready to offer the consistency, maturity and solidity which Grosso WILL bring to the position.

This transfer is a beautiful gift to the supporters as well as further indication the the club is extremely serious about chellenging on all fronts for glory. And what's more pleasing still is that Grosso himself was willing to lose money, in order to join our ranks. He obviously has sterling desire to ride the new juve wave into the future...Admittedly, he is no long term option, but as others have said, he will definitely give us at the very least a season or two, of competent defensive and offensive options rooted in the left back position. Which is something we have lacked for several years.

Where does this leave Caceres? A challenger to ALL defensive positions? I am as eager to see him given a run in the team as I am to see Grosso...

On a more personal, puerile note...As I am in Australia, its especially joyful to see grosso join my beloved juve, because many of the aussies despise him for his 'dive' in the world cup 3 years ago.

Legro is solely a central defensive back-up. We may as well stop discussion of moving Chiellini to the flank. Zebina will hopefully be fit enough soon to show us he is capable of balancing the defence and offence on the right...And still...we have that other player, an unknown quantity, Caceres, who could yet come into right back, or even the middle, and refind the form which persuaded Barca to spend big on him a year or so back.

In defence, attack, midfield and between the sticks, we have a gorgeous, potent mix now of Proven Class and Potential Quality.

Forze Secco. Forza Blanc. Forza Grosso. Forza Juve...

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
With the loan-out of Ariaudo, Caceres will probably spent a little more time as CB backup for Canna and Chiellini and a starter for the Copa. His versatility to play as full-backs is a huge plus. Really wished he will do well here and Juve can buy him outright from Barca.

Welcome Grosso!! The likes of Amauri, Iaquinta and Trez would surely be happy especially the artillery from the left flank is gonna get more accurate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)