Fabio Grosso (3 Viewers)

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Who are you and what have you done with Cronios?!
Havent you heard anything i ve been saying for the last 3 years.
Secco, buy us a freakin LB!!! And ha has finally did it!!:flag1:
Who'd have thought everyone would be so happy to get Grosso?

Imagine what the reaction would have been like if we'd got a really good left back.
Grosso's acquisition is nearly optimal, since we failed or distrusted Criscito,
we only needed a temporal but competent cheap solution, until we decide what to do with DC, Caceres and Criscito. Wasting more money to buy a young and competent LB, would be unwise, when we have so many options.
An expensive LB would mean we had to sacrifice one of those 3 and that would create more issues/discussions.
Although you have dissected and torn apart my long posts with very minute detail, I am simply going to use two words to describe this one.

Great Post.
Thank you:tup:
I feel quite unease with aquiring a defensive player so late in the transfer market.
He didn't take part in the team's preperation for the season, and did not have a chance to work on his cooperation with the other players in the defense.
I'm worried that his adaption to the team is not going to be easy at all (and it means nothing to me he had played with most of them in the national team)

I hope my worries are for nothing though
True, defenders need more playing time than any other field player to come along with and build their teamwork to a competent level.
But if there is one man who can easily adapt here and now, thats Grosso
and you know why, thats right, because he already is a teammate with Buffon, Chiellini and Canna. He might even play his first time with the NT, rather than us (as their teammate) It also helps that Grosso is a veteran and hopefully he will adapt to our formation and our needs on the flanks pretty fast!

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Havent you heard anything i ve been saying for the last 3 years.
Secco, buy us a freakin LB!!! And ha has finally did it!!:flag1:
It was a joke. ;)

Quite refreshing to see this line of commentary from you. (Not that you could tell, but I actually +rep'ed you for the post ... and for demonstrating a broader range of opinions that we didn't always see.)

Pingo

Oct 31, 2007
@ Cronios ...what do u meen "Juve suffering for years " ..did u forgot about Zambrotta?? that's 3 years ago (farsipoli)...that's not for years...sorry

But i doo agree that Grosso's buy is huge, humongous for our team...

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
It was a joke. ;)

Quite refreshing to see this line of commentary from you. (Not that you could tell, but I actually +rep'ed you for the post ... and for demonstrating a broader range of opinions that we didn't always see.)
wait till the first game we loose points :p

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
It was a joke. ;)

I know, did i sound too serious?:alen:
I m really happy with how things have worked out this year. First the Roma crash test and now this!:flag1:
@ Cronios ...what do u meen "Juve suffering for years " ..did u forgot about Zambrotta?? that's 3 years ago (farsipoli)...that's not for years...sorry

But i doo agree that Grosso's buy is huge, humongous for our team...
Those 3 years after Zambro and since Chiellini has moved to the center were more like 3 centuries under the Molinaro tyranny for me:p
It was unbearable to see transfer window after transfer window to go by,
our team keep playing with such handicap and no one even considering dong smth about this. I still cant believe that the nightmare is over and i wont have to crave for LBs and envy other teams, who are blessed with some on their flanks!
For me its like we have restored an amputated limp!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)