Fabio Grosso (2 Viewers)

YasoR17

Mirkofan #1
Jul 4, 2008
For so many year i have been asking just for this one thing!
A LB, players came and gone, fortunes were spent and we have bought anything but the only thing, i ve asked for!

All the money we were not spending for fullbacks, esp LB, were wasted in my books.
We bought so many no-ones, so many mediocre temporary solutions/quick fixes, when we could challenge for nothing. We sacrificed everything to fine tune minor issues and always overlooked this great chronic problem!

For every penny we were spending or over-paying for other position, we were moving a step away from a new LB.

This acquisition changes everything for me.
It gives a true meaning to some of our transfers like Cannavaro.

Since we have a broken defense, replacing the aging Mellberg with the aging Canna was a waste of time for me, a sidestep. But since we got Grosso too, we can field a competitive defense now and savor the benefits of the temporal efficiency of a pro defense.
I was asking either for a permanent solution for our future, OR a competent temporal solution now. Anything but wasting time!

The extra money we paid for Melo mean nothing now, since we dont have to play with 10 players again. We had enough resources to buy a LB!!

The extra money we didnt got from the sales of Almiron, Tiago, Poulsen, Zala etc,
also have lesser importance because they didnt stop us of becoming a complete team in every line!

For me the LB was a primary target (well after Neddy's replacement)
and sacrificing the primary target for momentary (Canna) or secondary (Melo) targets, was unwise. But now everything has changed!
The primary target has met and i see all the other targets as great bonuses,
thus multiplying their benefit!

For so many years i ve been told that finding a good LB is harder than finding fish in the desert. That it was that freakin difficult to make it happen.

Well, you can imagine my joy now. I am not ungrateful as Jack wants to think,
for all this time, i was just asking for this one thing, just one thing, my precious LB!!!:touched:
And i was denied just that and i saw Juve suffering for years because of this.
And it kept going for ever, i wasnt not bashing our board or Secco for the sake of it, i was merely asking for this one thing!! Now i got it and i am pleased!
I also got those extra bonuses and i am extremely pleased!!
:tup: :flag1:

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
A LB, players came and gone, fortunes were spent and we have bought anything but the only thing, i ve asked for!

All the money we were not spending for fullbacks, esp LB, were wasted in my books.
We bought so many no-ones, so many mediocre temporary solutions/quick fixes, when we could challenge for nothing. We sacrificed everything to fine tune minor issues and always overlooked this great chronic problem!

For every penny we were spending or over-paying for other position, we were moving a step away from a new LB.

Since we have a broken defense, replacing the aging Mellberg with the aging Canna was a waste of time for me, a sidestep. But since we got Grosso too, we can field a competitive defense now and savor the benefits of the temporal efficiency of a pro defense.
I was asking either for a permanent solution for our future, OR a competent temporal solution now. Anything but wasting time!

The extra money we paid for Melo mean nothing now, since we dont have to play with 10 players again. We had enough resources to buy a LB!!

The extra money we didnt got from the sales of Almiron, Tiago, Poulsen, Zala etc,
also have lesser importance because they didnt stop us of becoming a complete team in every line!

and sacrificing the primary target for momentary (Canna) or secondary (Melo) targets, was unwise. But now everything has changed!

For so many years i ve been told that finding a good LB is harder than finding fish in the desert. That it was that freakin difficult to make it happen.

for all this time, i was just asking for this one thing, just one thing, my precious LB!!!:touched:
And it kept going for ever, i wasnt not bashing our board or Secco for the sake of it, i was merely asking for this one thing!! Now i got it and i am pleased!
Who are you and what have you done with Cronios?!

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
A few years ago it was a special thing to play for Juventus in Azzurri, now its like everyone comes from Juve.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Who'd have thought everyone would be so happy to get Grosso?

Imagine what the reaction would have been like if we'd got a really good left back.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

Although you have dissected and torn apart my long posts with very minute detail, I am simply going to use two words to describe this one.

Great Post.

Omair

Herticity
Sep 27, 2006
Juventini friends over here are mad at that transfer. For some reason they think "it will block DC's progress" ..

BUT HELL YEAAAAH! Grosso is ours .. only question is he cup tied for CL?

Antonio1

Juve's Messi
Oct 3, 2004
Juventini friends over here are mad at that transfer. For some reason they think "it will block DC's progress" ..

No lyon never put him in their champions league squad so he was eligible to be sold. To Us!

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
I feel quite unease with aquiring a defensive player so late in the transfer market.
He didn't take part in the team's preperation for the season, and did not have a chance to work on his cooperation with the other players in the defense.
I'm worried that his adaption to the team is not going to be easy at all (and it means nothing to me he had played with most of them in the national team)

I hope my worries are for nothing though

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
DC's progress yesterday was basically as a speed bump for the Roma attack. He's got a long way to go defensively and may best develop on the wing for all we can tell.

Nope. Intentionally left out by Lyon.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
if Grosso whad been cup tied, do you think Juve would be stupid enough to get him? they'd avoid him like the bastard son of Swine Flu and AIDS

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
No, Cobolli is lying. We still ARE interested in getting Grosso.
You know, our directors always tell it as it is.
If they say that we're not buying someone, you could be sure that we won't. If they said we're after someone, you could be sure that we're really interested and we'll probably buy that player. If they said that the mercato is closed, it meant the mercato is closed. It was happening for 3 summers (minus one day).

But i fucking knew that this time Gigli wasn't telling the truth and that it was just a game to force Lyon lower their demand.
It was way too obvious. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)