Fabio Cannavaro (11 Viewers)

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Cannavarro's strengths are anticipation and quickness (short bursts, lunges, not speed). I don't think either have left him. That's all I'm saying. In our system he will be better, guaranteed.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Oh no!

Thuram re-embraces former team-mates: «The return of Cannavaro is good»

A pleasant surprise brightened the morning work for the bianconeri at the Juventus Center: Lilian Thuram visited his former team-mates. Many embraces, taps on the shoulders and an interview on Juventus Channel: «I am happy to be her. It is a pleasure to meet Alessio Secco, Gianluca Pessotto and so many friends again». Some of these friends are still running like crazy, see Pavel Nedved for instance: «It is true – continued Lilian – I told him to stop but I used to tell him when we still played together and yet...At the end of the day he’s right because it is always nice to see him on the field».

Soon the same field will see the return of Thuram’s defence partner, that Cannavaro who together with him and Buffon first defended the Parma goal and that of Juventus: «The persons who criticize the return of Fabio perhaps do not understand what it means to be a footballer. A player always wants to play at high levels and three years ago this was not possible. Apart from this, it was good for Juventus to transfer Fabio because the club earned a lot of money. It would have been stupid not to sell him and stupid on Cannavaro’s part if he did not go to Real. Now that Juve have called him back it means that the club knows he is a person they can trust and who always does his work well».

Returning to say hello to one’s friends is always a pleasure but Thuram does not miss football since he still follows Juventus: «The team is doing well and I must say it is incredible that after a year in the Serie B the team managed to return to the Serie A, staying at the top».

juventus.com

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
I wonder how the fans in the stadium will react to him when he's actually playing for us.

Like this?

Or will they forget about all of that and just support him. It'll be interesting.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Oh no!

Thuram re-embraces former team-mates: «The return of Cannavaro is good»

A pleasant surprise brightened the morning work for the bianconeri at the Juventus Center: Lilian Thuram visited his former team-mates. Many embraces, taps on the shoulders and an interview on Juventus Channel: «I am happy to be her. It is a pleasure to meet Alessio Secco, Gianluca Pessotto and so many friends again». Some of these friends are still running like crazy, see Pavel Nedved for instance: «It is true – continued Lilian – I told him to stop but I used to tell him when we still played together and yet...At the end of the day he’s right because it is always nice to see him on the field».

juventus.com
WTF?????? He told Nedved to stop playing? WTF is this guy doing in Juventus Center. :tdown:

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Cannavaro ready for record cap

Sunday 7 June, 2009

Italy captain Fabio Cannavaro is preparing for the Confederations Cup, his move to Juventus and beating Paolo Maldini’s Azzurri caps record.
“I had not thought about the record until now, but as there are only two games for me to reach Maldini’s tally of 126, I cannot ignore it,” smiled the veteran.

“He is an exceptional lad and it’s a shame he had to put up with that protest from a small minority of fans upon his retirement. In our country sometimes we lack the right sporting culture.”

Cannavaro could celebrate that achievement in South Africa, where Italy travel to play the Confederations Cup against Egypt, USA and Brazil.

“This will be a new experience, as Italy have never taken part in this competition before. We’ll see what we can get out of it and it certainly wouldn’t be disappointing to win the trophy.

“Spain are in the other group and I think they can win the World Cup, but the favourite does not always emerge victorious at the end.”

One of his companions in the Azzurri defence in South Africa is set to be Inter 18-year-old Davide Santon.

“I complimented him, but the wonderful moments are still to come, because he has to prove himself at the highest level. I’m glad to see the Italian youth sector is churning out great talents.”

Cannavaro is making his return to Serie A this season for Juventus, where his former teammate Ciro Ferrara will be the Coach.

“In a month, Ferrara’s life has changed. He has the experience and quality to do well,” he told the Gazzetta dello Sport.

“With Ferrara, Pep Guardiola at Barcelona and Leonardo at Milan, there are many young tacticians leading the big teams. It is a path I really like, bringing in fresh ideas.

“It is disappointing to return to Turin and not find [Pavel] Nedved, but he must be thanked for everything he has given this team.”

Many fans at Juventus have protested the decision to bring back Cannavaro, who walked away in the Calciopoli scandal of 2006 to avoid a spell in Serie B.

“They only remember what happened when I left, not everything that came before it,” noted the former Real Madrid centre-back.

“Everyone is free to jeer or cheer me, however they see fit. For me Juve have the same aura as Real Madrid, both clubs who look to the future.”

Cannavaro concedes his first choice would have been another return to the San Paolo, where he started his career, but President Aurelio De Laurentiis considered him too old.

“I would’ve liked to play in my hometown again, but I wish Napoli all the best.”

CHANNEL4.COM

Plusvalenza

The Photoshop Pervert
Jan 6, 2009
Cannavaro concedes his first choice would have been another return to the San Paolo, where he started his career, but President Aurelio De Laurentiis considered him too old.

“I would’ve liked to play in my hometown again, but I wish Napoli all the best.”
So we're not even his first choice...? :disagree:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)