Fabio Cannavaro (14 Viewers)

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Fuck sake, why the hate towards the guy? It's not as if this guy stabbed us in the back and went to a team like Inter. (cough) Probably the board itself encouraged him to leave as most of you that followed Juve during Calciopoli know that we needed money badly.
And the fact is, don't give me Zambroshit or Zingaro but this guy was a symbol of the club back then, just under Del Piero. I loved him and I was just pissed when he left. But now 3 years have past, I put the shit that happened in the past and he's back. And most importantly, he is desperate to win the fans back and for that he will play with great motivation, something all our players lacked in the last few games. And it's not as if a kitten has been killed with his return. He's on free transfer and we are just paying his monthly bill. It's not as if it will hinder our player signing capability. The board can still sign another defender if they are able to find one.

Some of you guys really need to get your head out of your ass with this Cannamerda shit and know that this guy is here for only a year most probably and don't worry, the club is in safe hands now coach wise. Don't forget, Ranieri has left and the probability that we would play Cannavaro to death is really low. He will most likely be tried out and if he doesn't impress he will NOT receive regular playing time from Ferrara/next Coach. and he knows it. In the end, if he plays badly, he will just be forgotten but if he displays some great performances, we will gain from it.
+rep for the avatar :tup:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
i'm scared of the young guns against him :| .. imagine zarate..palladino..pato..ibrahimovic..hamsik against canna. You can have all the experience in the world if your legs and age won't help you. But maybe its rash talk...we'll wait and see.
That list is all well and good, except for Palladino. Come on, Canna would have him in his back pocket.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
He hasn't lost that much since WC2006. I think we will be surprised at how well he does back in a more comfortable, less wide-open system. The thing with Canna is that he does not have amazing straight line speed that you need when you are routinely hung out to dry at Madrid but what he still has is his excellent acceleration and closing speed which helps you when you are in tight spaces with a tight defense like in Italy.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I think you will find he is nothing close to the player he was, as he wasarguably the best defender in the world in 2006.

He has lost his pace, but he will do okay for us due to being better protected.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I think you will find he is nothing close to the player he was, as he wasarguably the best defender in the world in 2006.

He has lost his pace, but he will do okay for us due to being better protected.
Cannavaro hasn't lost much since 2006? :lol2:

Seriously, minions, watch the fucking Liga more often.
Cannavaro has lost a lot, but I don't think he was that fast in 2006 anyway. If you look closely at that Italy team, you'll see that Cannavaro actually put in few challenges. He only did so when absolutely necessary and was backed up by a faster defender near him. What he did best was organising the team really.

And I think he might pull that off again in an Italian team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)