Fabio Cannavaro (11 Viewers)

dogsarecute

Aug 7, 2008
Sissoko and Poulsen can be pure DMs.
Zanetti, Tiago and Poulsen can also act as passing CMs.
Marchisio is a bit of both.
We are pretty well covered for 2 positions. If Diego comes and we change to 3 CM/CDMs then Camoranesi can also be added.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Now really, im consered about this guy and this transfer. Our weakest link has been the defense this year and this guy has been really awful in Real Madrid this season. Im not really sure if he has what it takes today to help us make our defense solid again.

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
Signing Cannamerda back at 36 years-old shows that this club has no ambition and are not in fact looking towards the future... Unfortunately our management showed zero class.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
But wait, he was signed because he can teach our youngsters how to defend :blah: :shifty: :rolleyes: :disagree:

Seriously tho, I hope we won't be playing him 40+ games next year. I have a creepy feeling he moved back to Italy to get more regular playing time (as next year at Madrid they will potentially buy new defenders, he isn't getting any younger, and add to that the return of Metzelder and Pepe from their injury and ban respectively, and Canna will be pushed further down the pecking order) so that he can guarantee his place in Italy's WC 2010 squad (unless a miracle happens or Chiellini injures him in training again :eyebrows:) which will cruelly expose his defensive deficiences once again, as Italy come crashing out at the QF hurdle :scared: :moan: :sigh: I hope I am mistaken tho.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I hate it when people talk about him teaching the young players how to defend. What is this midget going to teach anybody?

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
Cannamerda coming back is a big mistake because it's not fair to the players who stayed with Juve in Serie B. Imagine how Camo and Trez must feel that they had to play in Serie B and Cannavaro got to play in Champions League and win titles in Spain....and now Cannavaro is being welcomed back. It's not so much because he's old and past his prime that it's not a welcome signing...it's because it makes the players who stayed in Serie B feel like idiots.

Brandmon

Juventuz irregular
Aug 13, 2008
Fuck sake, why the hate towards the guy? It's not as if this guy stabbed us in the back and went to a team like Inter. (cough) Probably the board itself encouraged him to leave as most of you that followed Juve during Calciopoli know that we needed money badly.
And the fact is, don't give me Zambroshit or Zingaro but this guy was a symbol of the club back then, just under Del Piero. I loved him and I was just pissed when he left. But now 3 years have past, I put the shit that happened in the past and he's back. And most importantly, he is desperate to win the fans back and for that he will play with great motivation, something all our players lacked in the last few games. And it's not as if a kitten has been killed with his return. He's on free transfer and we are just paying his monthly bill. It's not as if it will hinder our player signing capability. The board can still sign another defender if they are able to find one.

Some of you guys really need to get your head out of your ass with this Cannamerda shit and know that this guy is here for only a year most probably and don't worry, the club is in safe hands now coach wise. Don't forget, Ranieri has left and the probability that we would play Cannavaro to death is really low. He will most likely be tried out and if he doesn't impress he will NOT receive regular playing time from Ferrara/next Coach. and he knows it. In the end, if he plays badly, he will just be forgotten but if he displays some great performances, we will gain from it.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Fuck sake, why the hate towards the guy? It's not as if this guy stabbed us in the back and went to a team like Inter. (cough) Probably the board itself encouraged him to leave as most of you that followed Juve during Calciopoli know that we needed money badly.
And the fact is, don't give me Zambroshit or Zingaro but this guy was a symbol of the club back then, just under Del Piero. I loved him and I was just pissed when he left. But now 3 years have past, I put the shit that happened in the past and he's back. And most importantly, he is desperate to win the fans back and for that he will play with great motivation, something all our players lacked in the last few games. And it's not as if a kitten has been killed with his return. He's on free transfer and we are just paying his monthly bill. It's not as if it will hinder our player signing capability. The board can still sign another defender if they are able to find one.

Some of you guys really need to get your head out of your ass with this Cannamerda shit and know that this guy is here for only a year most probably and don't worry, the club is in safe hands now coach wise. Don't forget, Ranieri has left and the probability that we would play Cannavaro to death is really low. He will most likely be tried out and if he doesn't impress he will NOT receive regular playing time from Ferrara/next Coach. and he knows it. In the end, if he plays badly, he will just be forgotten but if he displays some great performances, we will gain from it.
to have a better future you must remember the past

puzzu

Jun 15, 2007

I agree with you. Even if he plays half his capability, he will be much better than Mellbergmerda and Legro.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Juve needs to focus more on the youth, that will be our chance to win the title. We got great older players, but we need to focus more on players like Giovinco, De Ceglie, Ariaudo, Marchisio. So no, Cannavaro wasn't needed, if he become's a starter in the beginning of the season we will get pwned my Inter again.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Cannavaro was just subbed off in his last home game for Madrid to standing ovations.

Crowd singing his name now. Can't have been that bad?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)