Ezequiel Lavezzi - AM RLC - PSG (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Aguero is AMAZING!! But let's be realist, we don't have the budget to get him..

Zarate is a good finisher, but Lavezzi is a good forward and not a striker, that's why I said he will be great replacement for Del Piero and not Trezeguet. It's true that Lavezzi sometimes try to do everything himself, that's because he is surrounded by shitty players, the whole pressure of Napoli is on his shoulders, take him and Hamsik out, Napoli will turn to a relegation battler. I don't know but I see him and Del Piero very similar kind of players, not to forget, Del Piero does that to, to do everything on his own, and it works most of the time, just like Lavezzi..
They are same type of players, not different. Just that Zarate has waaaaaay better shot. Its like Zarate is the goalscorer, and Lavezzi the creator, Zarate even if selfish, can actually create real well, in fact, he has more assists then Lavezzi, and one of the higher ones in the league. More or less similar type of players, its just that Lavezzi isnt effective enough or dangerous due to his average finishing/shooting (consistency wise, can boom now and then).

Like if you have this typical scenario of both of them dribbling everyone in sight, what do they do at the end? Zarate is waaay more like to finish off his chance and be the danger, while Lavezzi has learned to more or less pass to others because his shooting is erratic. Zarate is more confident in finishing, and as he should be, he is better.

For you and for everyone else, watch this clip up of both, main difference is who is erratic at finishing and who is excellent at it, from any distance.

Dont kid ourselves, I would love either of them, not that it will happen, but moot to discuss this because its not like we would miss out if he got one but not the other. Both better then Quag, Floccari and the likes.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Bullshit. Zarate has more assists, and double the goals, he has been off for 4 months, but still scored 13 goals in the league (scored against us, Roma, Milan, Inter), while Lavezzi has 6 (Lavezzi has 13 goals in 2 seasons, because last season he only scored 7). I like Lavezzi, but your statement doesnt have any foundation. Lavezzi isnt nearly effective enough as a player.

Zarate is defenitely the moodier and more troublesome one though. But BS to say he is sooo much inferior.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Bullshit. Zarate has more assists, and double the goals, he has been off for 4 months, but still scored 13 goals in the league (scored against us, Roma, Milan, Inter), while Lavezzi has 6 (Lavezzi has 13 goals in 2 seasons, because last season he only scored 7). I like Lavezzi, but your statement doesnt have any foundation. Lavezzi isnt nearly effective enough as a player.

Zarate is defenitely the moodier and more troublesome one though. But BS to say he is sooo much inferior.

Zarate doesnt come close to Lavezzi

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Lavezzi must show more of this level of which is hard to come close to. He doesnt have that much of assists, and has 1 more goal then Chiellini. Dribbling all the time means zip if you dont have end product. Have to have demands on him if you are to rate him this high.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I beg to differ Canardo,

Zarate imo has a higher ceiling, the guy can score goals from anywhere and everywhere, some of his long range shots are out of this world. He's a selfish player, actually too selfish but that can be sorted out. Lavezzi is a very good dribbler, but so is Zarate. In fact i'd say Zarate was slightly the better dribbler(although thats debatable).

What does Lavezzi have over Zarate?

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
:D granted my post was empty with no reasoning, but i have followed both their careers since san lorenzo and velez, Lavezzi is a monster physically and psychologically a pest to the opposition just watch his campaign with san lorenzo when they won the clausura 07. The argument here is same with amauri comparison to others; put pandev and rocchi around lavezzi then talk assists. If we can get ezequiel we should definitely go for it.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Defenitely going for it I agree. but even if Zarate is more destructive player a bit (Lavezzi better in this regard for sure), he is still quite more effective and has more end product then him, way more deadly. Lavezzi hardly scores, he defenitely needs to step up more to be rated so highly. Amauri was scoring 13-15 goals in the league, Lavezzi scores 6-7 a season, its not good enough.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I beg to differ Canardo,

Zarate imo has a higher ceiling, the guy can score goals from anywhere and everywhere, some of his long range shots are out of this world. He's a selfish player, actually too selfish but that can be sorted out. Lavezzi is a very good dribbler, but so is Zarate. In fact i'd say Zarate was slightly the better dribbler(although thats debatable).

What does Lavezzi have over Zarate?

its far easier to shut down mauro's game than ezequiel's. Ezequiel's game has many more dimensions imo

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Defenitely going for it I agree. but even if Zarate is more destructive player a bit (Lavezzi better in this regard for sure), he is still quite more effective and has more end product then him, way more deadly. Lavezzi hardly scores, he defenitely needs to step up more to be rated so highly. Amauri was scoring 13-15 goals in the league, Lavezzi scores 6-7 a season, its not good enough.
hes real polyvalent, i actually see him filling nedved's shoes, call me crazy but he d be a lethal winger imo but he can still play around the box if needed

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
:agree: he would be a sensational winger...he already picks up the ball from really deep positions for Napoli, and has a terrific engine

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah I agree he can play winger prolly too, drifts to the sides and driibbles everyone. But so can Zarate, check the video links of both players (amazing clips hehe), basically whatever Lavezzi did Zarate could do, beside being the way better finisher.

But yeah, Lavezzi has an uncanny balance, drive and engine on him. But as I said, so does Zarate more or less.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Yeah I agree he can play winger prolly too, drifts to the sides and driibbles everyone. But so can Zarate, check the video links of both players (amazing clips hehe), basically whatever Lavezzi did Zarate could do, beside being the way better finisher.

But yeah, Lavezzi has an uncanny drive and engine on him.
i have watched a lot of both :)

as for finishing and assists look here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)