European affairs (2 Viewers)

AlexDP705

Jul 10, 2018
I don’t know the circumstances here or the stats, but what if that generalizing statement is true?
She was found guilty of incitement to hatred for referring to Afghans as gang rapists in a post titled (translated) "Afghanistan refugees; Hamburg SPD mayor for 'unbureaucratic' admission; Welcoming culture for gang rape?" She posted it in 2021 when she was running for election as a candidate for the far-right afd, in response to an offer by the Hamburg mayor to take in a group of Afghans who had worked with German armed forces and aid agencies in Afghanistan before the Taliban regained control.

Some of the stats she shared at the time were from this bild article, which says that in 2018 there were 659 gang rape cases with 6% of suspects being Afghans vs Afghans representing 0.3% of Germany's population.

It looks like her original post has been taken down, but she recently tried to justify herself saying that as Afghans were disproportionately represented as perpetrators of gang rape (even though the data only refers to suspects), it was "statistically likely" there would have been gang rapists among the group of 200 refugees and their families that the Hamburg mayor wanted to bring over in 2021.

That is an insane and dangerous claim to make about a group of people based on nothing but historical data (and an obvious political agenda), and this is what she was punished for. It was not for simply "posting statistics" as the troglodytes on twitter have suggested.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Crazy.

I guess you're always focused on the time you're living in, but I can't remember a period in my life with so much political tension around the world.
I’d say politicians getting shot is a pretty common theme throughout time. Especially in the balkans honestly

OP
U Picciriddu
Jun 16, 2020
  • Thread Starter #128
    Crazy.

I guess you're always focused on the time you're living in, but I can't remember a period in my life with so much political tension around the world.
    Because you havent seen it before, there are more than 50 armed conflicts around the world, we havent seen such violence since WW2, including militias and cartels.

Source: Veldheren

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
    But wasn’t Fico pro-Russian aswel, or at least not very keen on supporting Ukraine financially?

I don’t know anything about him, just reporting what I’ve read in some Tweets.
    i only read some news in hungarian media about the assassin. his actions were allegedly motivated by mainly how fico approached internal affairs. there's a leaked video where the assassin allegedly says that he didn't like how fico's government dismantled the media, attacked the local governmental media agency (rtvs), and sacked the president of rtvs (guy called ján mazák). i don't speak this language so i have no idea how accurate the translation is.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    They will be too weak to interfere anywhere.
    I've heard this phrase so many times before.

"Russia's army is untrained", "Russia doesn't have modern weapons", "Russia's economy will falter", ...

Enough.

The war has been going on for more than two years. In 2014, Russia took Crimea.

Russia has never been and will never be weak. It's sheer size makes it formidable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)