European affairs (5 Viewers)

Jun 16, 2020
How come that the cornerstone of civilisation, inventors of democracy, renaissance, bringers of the enlightenment and the discoverers of the America’s don’t have their own thread while our American counterparts, who stole our beautiful aryan scientists (who btw would never do any harm to the world), used them to fly to the moon and steal our European prestige have their own thread while Europeans don’t have a safe space for our beautiful and sophisticated discussions here is a absolute disgrace!

The continent of gorgeous tall women like Angela Merkel, Marine Le Pen and Theresa May shall have his own space on Tuz.

In all seriousness, I think it’s more relevant than ever to pay more attention to Euro news. With the rise of far-right sentiment, both wars who fuel polarisation, failing policies in regards to farmers and European elections this summer things are moving here.

Portugal recently had elections and the sentiment of far right is seen in the results, and it seems like they will be more or less in the same situation as The Netherlands where forming a new government will be very difficult, while at the same time facing comparable problems on the housing market.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2024/03/10/...luis-montenegro-coalition-intl-hnk/index.html

Other countries like Belgium, Croatia, Lithuania, Iceland, Romania, Slovakia, Austria and the UK will have elections aswel this year.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Far right usually grow when there is uncertainty. Same in the early 90s in Europe. We have a lot of uncertainty and Russia flooding Europe with illegal immigrants to destabilize and create problems. As long as this continues the far right movement will grow, it can only survive as long as there is something to complain about. Once uncertainty reduces, Putin gives up, the far right movement will weaken. The concerns are then, for how long can the systems sustain the pressure? Narcissistic opportunistic individuals are taking advantage of the situation and create havoc in the system. It's easy to brake stuff, hard to re-build. I worry what the long-term effects are for the systems in place. Even if conservatives are pushed back, they have made small but significant changes that will leave lasting effects.

It is an interesting period but a worrisome too. The polarization was already there but is taking a toll of institutions. Here I wonder what the future implications will be on a systematic level. If the war ends and "we get back to normal", I expect criminality to become even harder to catch because a lot of institutions are cooperating to detect and catch them. Much more than before. So the leagues will adapt and become even harder to hurt in the future.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I feel like Europe should come up with their own conspiracies rather than stealing ours
I can't tell you how much the far right Chega here in Portugal seems to copy the MAGA manual sometimes. The best part is when something is just a little off, because something got lost in translation.

But get your own Sigur Rós, buddy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)