[Europa League] Salzburg v JUVENTUS (Oct. 21st 2010) (7 Viewers)

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Not too happy with what I saw last night, let alone impressed. However, I did predict a draw for this game, so I can't say I'm surprised.

Most of the positive things from previous games (movement, smart play, ...) were completely missing. And what bothered me most is that I sensed some complacency at times. As if we're going to win (a) game(s) without giving our all.

Credit to Salzburg though, they did what they needed to do. Looks like they're regaining last season's form.

Manninger 7 - Good game. Smart as well.
Grygera 5 - Surprisingly shaky. Schooled like a 5 year old for the goal, but some good moments as well.
Bonucci 6 - Decent, but should have provided more cover to Grygera at times.
Chiellini 7 - Vital
De Ceglie 6,5 - I only recall one small mistake. Pretty secure, could have been sent off though.
Martinez 4 - You can see the guy can play football, but his contributions are extremely limited, almost non existent. Should have been shown a red card as well.
Sissoko 6 - First 10-15 min were poor. Improved after that, despite a few minor errors.
Marchisio 6 - Disciplined. Some people may say he does nothing, I say he's one of our most important players. No wonder coaches like him.
Pepe 5 - Poor.
Del Piero 5,5 - A few dangerous moments, but overall not good enough.
Amauri 4,5 - Absolutely terrible first half where almost all his touches were off. Only a slight improvement in the 2nd.

Krasic 7 - Overall a quiet night for him. Our most dangerous player though.
Melo 5 - Not good.
Motta -

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
No way Sissoko gets better marks than Melo Buck no way.

Sissoko along with Amauri were our worst players last time. He should be in no way awarded a 6, I like your ratings and your reports but I have to disagree with the Sissoko one.

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #308
    Manninger 6.5 - Brave he was

Grygera 4 - RB fits you better than LB
    Bonucci 6 - Still lacks experience at times
    Chiellini 5.5 - Stop launching rockets to our strikers
    De Ceglie 4.5 - For couple of crosses and nothing more, terrible

Sissoko 4 - Slow, lost and weak
    Marchisio 5 - Defensively okay, offensively zero
    Martinez 3.5 - The guy has got problems with his legs, he can't run properly I'm serious..
    Pepe 4 - Didn't even see him in the first half.

Del Piero 5.5 - Each time he gets the ball it's like he has to beg his mates to run and open up space.
    Amauri 4.5 - He should relax. It's the only way he can play.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
    May 22, 2009
    No way Sissoko gets better marks than Melo Buck no way.

Sissoko along with Amauri were our worst players last time. He should be in no way awarded a 6, I like your ratings and your reports but I have to disagree with the Sissoko one.
    Fair enough, after reading through the thread I'd say most people will probably agree with you :D.
    Though I can't rid myself of the idea that some people are allowed to make mistakes while others aren't...

Look, Sissoko wasn't exactly great (except a few moments), but Melo was piss poor the first few minutes he came on. When we switched Marchisio to the side & put Melo in the middle, Salzburg immediately & completely won the midfield battle.
    Couple that with the 4 or 5 times Melo gave the ball away (in half an hour!) & I just can not be happy with his performance.

Ideally, we shouldn't have brought him on if it meant playing next to Momo, but we didn't exactly have any other options. Martinez was heading to the dressing room anyway: either by subbing him off or getting another card.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Jan 30, 2008
    Fair enough. :p

We lost the midfield because Marchisio is alot more disciplined than Sissoko is. He was covering for Sissoko all night because the latter walked around like he was on a Safari in Africa(No I'm not being racist).

Melo was close to having an assist to his name with that sublime pass to Del Piero and he switched played to Krasic some times also. Sissoko just ruined all our attacks.

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #311
    Anyone knows if Martines had the meniscus surgery before? Because his legs really can't be this abnormal. I'm starting to think he was under the knife when the doctor failed to fix his knees or ankles or anything.

There's something terribly wrong and we should find out ASAP.

Furia Ceca

Mar 21, 2008
    Fair enough, after reading through the thread I'd say most people will probably agree with you :D.
    Though I can't rid myself of the idea that some people are allowed to make mistakes while others aren't...

Look, Sissoko wasn't exactly great (except a few moments), but Melo was piss poor the first few minutes he came on. When we switched Marchisio to the side & put Melo in the middle, Salzburg immediately & completely won the midfield battle.
    Couple that with the 4 or 5 times Melo gave the ball away (in half an hour!) & I just can not be happy with his performance.

Ideally, we shouldn't have brought him on if it meant playing next to Momo, but we didn't exactly have any other options. Martinez was heading to the dressing room anyway: either by subbing him off or getting another card.
    Actually Momo hardly made a good pass, plus i don't expect Melo to play at best when he has Sissoko by him. We've seen him with Aqua and he was great.

Basically i think Momo & Martinez were the midfield's problem not Melo.

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #314
    True, a more feminine Tiago version of him last night. He even walks ala Triangle style, foot on the far left the other on the far right.

I don't think Martinez will ever get the Nike/Adidas or even Timberland winter deal after looking closely at his legs last night.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
    Apr 12, 2009
    I've had enough with Pepe, Lanzafame and Martinez on that left wing. They don't do shit, all of them. I can imagine why we could better try Marchisio there, atleast he gets past his man and his crosses reach the box.

Sissoko sell him, I thought we needed a destroyer but to be honest he isn't even doing that no more. Under Ranieri he looked better but so far I'm thinking he should go to Wolfsburg in January.

Quag opens spaces, Krasic run's and gets past his man, Aquilani distrubutes the ball perfectly and is a very intelligent player. Those are the players who make a difference in attack for us.

I want Motta, Pepe, Lanzafame, Martinez, Amauri, Ianquinta and Sissoko all out when the 2011/2012 season begins.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
    May 22, 2009
    Actually Momo hardly made a good pass
    That is simply not true. Criticizing (some aspects of) his performance is welcome, exaggerating is not.

plus i don't expect Melo to play at best when he has Sissoko by him. We've seen him with Aqua and he was great.

Basically i think Momo & Martinez were the midfield's problem not Melo.
    Neither do I, but like I said there weren't any other options.

And I too have seen Melo when he was great, just like I have seen him when he was terrible. Much like Sissoko for that matter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)