[Europa League] Salzburg v JUVENTUS (Oct. 21st 2010) (1 Viewer)

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
No Aquilani or Quag for this.

I'd play:

Del Piero-Iaquinta

Martinez-Melo-Marchisio-Krasic(60 minutes only)

De Ceglie-Chiellini-Legro-Motta

Manninger

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
No Aquilani or Quag for this.

I'd play:

Del Piero-Iaquinta

Martinez-Melo-Marchisio-Krasic(60 minutes only)

De Ceglie-Chiellini-Legro-Motta

Manninger
It's an away game and a must win if we want to proceed from the group. I'd still play the best available, which is close to the team you'd play, with the exception of Legro. Motta/Grygera, Amauri/Iaquinta and Pepe/Martinez won't make too much difference. I'd be ok with whatever DN chooses there.
Manninger is getting the EL matches so far so I suppose he'll get this one too.

We'll score at least two. Remains to be seen if we'll concede less than that.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
It's an away game and a must win if we want to proceed from the group. I'd still play the best available, which is close to the team you'd play, with the exception of Legro. Motta/Grygera, Amauri/Iaquinta and Pepe/Martinez won't make too much difference. I'd be ok with whatever DN chooses there.
Manninger is getting the EL matches so far so I suppose he'll get this one too.

We'll score at least two. Remains to be seen if we'll concede less than that.
Yeah perhaps I was being overly optimistic with playing Legro, I just heard Bonucci had a slight knock from International duty and he took a knock yesterday. I'd rather be safe than sorry if we lose Bonucci or Chiellini were in big trouble.

For the UK guys this game is on ESPN.

Neutrol

Anti-Moggi
May 24, 2009
• Salzburg's record in ten games against Italian opposition reads W3 D0 L7 (W1 D0 L4 in Austria). Four of those five home fixtures took place outside Salzburg – two in Vienna, two in Linz. The exception was a 2-1 win against S.S. Lazio in last season's UEFA Europa League group stage.

• Juventus' record in 14 games against Austrian sides reads W12 D1 L1 (W5 D1 L1 away). However, the sole loss remains their heaviest ever European defeat, going down 7-0 at Wiener SC in the 1958/59 European Champion Clubs' Cup preliminary round on 1 October 1958.

• Juventus have played more games in UEFA club competition than any other side in the group stage; this will be their 349th. Their record reads W194 D72 L82.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Anything about Salzburg? :confused:
I think we had a member from Austria here. If he's still reading he can tell us more, especially regarding some changes from last year.

Checking wikipedia....Salzburg were Austrian champions last year. They won the league with 18 points more than Sturm Graz, another Austrian team we already faced this year in the EL qualifiers.
In the CL qualifiers Salzburg were eliminated in the very last round before the group stages (2:3 and 1:1 with Hapoel Tel Aviv).

This year they're not doing well domestically. Right now they are 7th in a league of 10 teams. They lost their last league match 0:2 at home.

From their players I only know Pokrivač who gets to play from time to time for the Croatian NT and Dudic who used to play for the Serbian NT, but I see that they have many internationals from Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Holland, Sweden, Germany, Denmark, Switzerland and some African countries. More than 80% of their team is consisted of foreigners.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
This game will be shown on Rete4 for whoever receives its transmission.

For this game i say we should play something along the lines of:

-----------Del Piero---------Amauri------------
Martinez-------Marchisio-------Sissoko--------Krasic
De Ceglie------Chiellini---------Bonucci---------Grygera
-----------------Manninger--------------------------

Then providing score line change to:

De Ceglie---------Melo------------Sissoko---------Pepe
Chiellini-----------Legro-----------Bonucci----------Grygera

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)