[Europa League] Juventus 1-1 Nantes [16th February, 2023 21:00 CET] (4 Viewers)

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
it's all doom and gloom now and the result is a bummer obviously, but i think we played pretty well until the completely undeserved equalizer (their only shot on goal), and we were very unlucky by hitting the post twice, not to mention chiesa's almost goal. and of course the penalty

i didn't understand di maria's sub. as for the others, meh, that's the squad we have, a mediocre player comes out, an other one enters. bottom line is that we should still be much better in front of the goal and bury those chances, period

if we were discussing the same match between two random teams, we'd say that the guests got very lucky to get a point and the ref was a disaster. but it's juve, so let's commit collective seppuku

:wittl:
Only fans from teams like Tottenham are pleased with their team based on performances. Tonight we expected both result and performance.

Pre-match there was the cringe talk about how we're gonna go out there and try winning this competition. Then there's a very weak opponent. Dominating this team with no result is nothing to be pleased about... On second thought, maybe it is as we can't seem to dominate anyone!

Buy on AliExpress.com

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
The referee lets the game go and barely gives a foul for contact in the whole game, but then decides on the final VAR call that leaning on a play constituted a foul.
You make your own luck, after it goes against you this many times it’s no longer unlucky, there’s something bigger at play.

Fagioli’s pass was idiotic to give the ball away, Danilo is awful when defending a counter attack and back-pedalling and Bremer has learnt how to slip in important moments watching Chiellini.
Its stupid pass. He should be calmer, protect the ball and recycle it. He force the pass and Nantes players take advantage. I hope he can learn from it.

Although some thinks we have good game but i think we dont have any attacking fluidity. Sometimes our attacking players are in a rush. Watch Man City, Arsenal or even Man Utd under Ten Hag, they are more comfortable with the ball either in ther defensive half or attacking half. Our players seems didnt to enjoy having the ball possesion

Oct 23, 2011
it wasn't a penalty :lol:? Some of you are proper trash.

Anyway, insane we didn't get the win today as we should have been up by at least 3 goals prior to conceding. It's even crazier that we risked a quite a bit towards the end of the game. That being said, i do think we'll turn this around in France

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Just a recap of what happened today from someone who didn't watch the match.

Halftime: It was so enjoyable, amazing performance from the front three, brilliant half of football, can't wait to see who we get next round, you're a retard if you aren't happy with it, thank goodness America has social programs for retards like you to make a living, go suck Mckennie's dick.

Full Time: It's fucking Nantes, this is more embarrassing than Monza, horrible subs, Allegri 3, fuck UEFA, Super Liga, terrible result, horrible squad, we didn't see this cumming.

:bianconero:

OP
icemaη

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
  • Thread Starter #169
    apparently uefalona didn't get a similar penalty vs manutd lol

VAR didn't have the ref review that one. (I think it was) Fred was very close and the ball travelled a very short distance.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
    May 22, 2009
    Should have won this, obviously. Fairly comfortable.
    But I guess not winning games like this tells you everything you need to know about the team right now.
    That Nantes goal was an abslotely brilliantly executed counter, but it really shouldn't have mattered all that much if you look at the entire game. Yet here we are.

I thought the ref was pretty poor throughout. Even before his comedy routine at the end.

Zzak

Sep 11, 2014
    No penalty, Bremer had both hands on the shoulders of the Nantes player. Should have left it for Locatelli to fly it over the bar because he's shit at heading. That way there was no discussion of us being robbed.

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
    You deserve to be submerged into a VAT full of Sarri's cum, Allegri's piss, and Veronique's shit.
    It would have been a penalty had Bremer not fouled him. There are times where we have been robbed, but this isnt one of them. It was a correct call.

And honestly, if we need a last minute penalty against Nantes to salvage the result then honestly we dont deserve to go through.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
    1st half was what we can do when fit with a trio of quality attackers. It wasn't perfect because the midfield lack creativity making Di Maria drop deeper. Otherwise we suffocated Nantes. Swap Pogba into that midfield and it'd be great.

2nd half Nantes adjusted and we slowed down. Di Maria got shut down faster but Chiesa and Vlahovic still got a lot of possession. Yes they missed chances but they don't look 100% fit from 70 minutes onwards, which is fine because they're just returning from injury.

What that shows is that we needed something better off the bench. We still have no goal scoring midfielders. Also, De Sciglio and Sandro couldn't provide width, Allegri saw it and put Cuadrado on but he's unfit. Kostic came on and did great on his side but the right side was rubbish.

Also, I still bang on about it but someone like Dybala in there scores some of those chances. Someone who can create and isn't scared to shoot from outside the box. I'd love Felix here, we need someone with his skill set.

It is what it is. Good performance but same issues again with LB, RB, and zero flair midfielders.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
    1st half was what we can do when fit with a trio of quality attackers. It wasn't perfect because the midfield lack creativity making Di Maria drop deeper. Otherwise we suffocated Nantes. Swap Pogba into that midfield and it'd be great.

2nd half Nantes adjusted and we slowed down. Di Maria got shut down faster but Chiesa and Vlahovic still got a lot of possession. Yes they missed chances but they don't look 100% fit from 70 minutes onwards, which is fine because they're just returning from injury.

What that shows is that we needed something better off the bench. We still have no goal scoring midfielders. Also, De Sciglio and Sandro couldn't provide width, Allegri saw it and put Cuadrado on but he's unfit. Kostic came on and did great on his side but the right side was rubbish.

Also, I still bang on about it but someone like Dybala in there scores some of those chances. Someone who can create and isn't scared to shoot from outside the box. I'd love Felix here, we need someone with his skill set.

It is what it is. Good performance but same issues again with LB, RB, and zero flair midfielders.
    What do you think about Di Maria trying to play the dybala role of linking the midfield with the attack?

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Arguing over penalties is for p*ssies. Even if you got the charity, you have to convert the damn thing and presume your own defense won't fall apart over the next several minutes. And with Juve, that's Dreamworld talking.

If you cannot manage a game where your result is at risk because of a penalty call, you have not managed your game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)