[Europa League] JUVENTUS 1-1 fiorentina (March 13th 2014) (33 Viewers)

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
What's so smart about defending a one goal lead from the 15th minute?
not having to run as much against a team that has trouble scoring, containing, up until the gol they did not threaten us in the least. No one here knows where each player in the squad is at physically as much as conte, and he has to take the whole season in mind when making these choices, not just one game. Lets say we did go all out and won 2-0 but in the process lost vidal and pirlo for the rest of the season, who are we going to blame??

Buy on AliExpress.com

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
So.. after a night of sleep (a bit).. here is my view on the match:

A lot of people saw what was going on.. Fiorentina had grinta and played like monsters against us, where we thought about how we were going to celebrate the 1-0 win...

Our team obviously has a tactic that is a bit like being lazy... If we would play 8 matches vs Fiorentina.. we would play badly the first 7 and try to go all out in the 8th match... we are the procrastinators of Europe... Just compare us to real madrid and you know what i mean... They went all out against Schalke... AWAY!!! And look what happened... with a $#@!ing amazing first XI they won 1-6... we would go for the draw so we could win it in the second match at home... but guess what... we play at home in the first match and still try to win it at the last minutes... just like we did against gala in the CL

Conte should revert his tactics... Go all out in the first match of the two.. that way, when you win 4-0 or something like that.. you can rest one or two players in the second match... players should EARN their rest because they are clearly being lazy

One guy on this forum said something spot on... Pirlo isn't capable of playing in this type of match... so we were playing with 10 men...
Pirlo was $#@!ing briliant in his first season with us... and that was, exactly like someone said, because we outclassed our opponents with a 70% possession... tonight we had 40%!!!! ON OUR OWN $#@!ING PITCH!!! and to make things worse..... fiorentina weren't playing their best XI... something every single one of us thought they would do... if they did, we would have lost...

Another interesting fact: when we aren't playing for possession.. we aren't capable of getting the ball to our strikers...
Osvaldo was on for 75 minutes... he touched the ball a staggering 16 times.. So minus Osvaldo and minus Pirlo.. we were playing with 9 men.. just $#@!ing great against Fiorentina.. at home..

If Fiorentina kick us out of the EL, we'll never hear the end of it.... get our $#@! together Conte... At home they WILL play with their best XI..
Agree in total for every single word.

- - - Updated - - -

Because it has worked 7 out of the last 8 times.
Thats the problem is .We OPT to play like shit in our 7-8 matches,and playing like a shit will eventually lead to a punishment,sooner or later.Like happens last night.Thats my point.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh gosh, they just making themselves look even smaller as a club than they really are. Noobs.

Fucking little peasants.So we can start printing shirts 5-0 or 5-1 when we beat them last time.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
not having to run as much against a team that has trouble scoring, containing, up until the gol they did not threaten us in the least. No one here knows where each player in the squad is at physically as much as conte, and he has to take the whole season in mind when making these choices, not just one game. Lets say we did go all out and won 2-0 but in the process lost vidal and pirlo for the rest of the season, who are we going to blame??
Conte of course because he started rotating the squad in March, another pussy behaviour.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
you are too busy trying to blame conte for everything to actually understand my question
I blame him for two things only, I have been saying that since last year. Rotating players should start early to accommodate all players to the system and to be more adventurous in European matches.

In my opinion all other details come as a consequence of these two because other than that I see him as a perfect fit for the team.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
when will Juve get rid of this Euro virus? What the fuck is our problem ffs... so embarrased, so sick and tired of this shit

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I blame him for two things only, I have been saying that since last year. Rotating players should start early to accommodate all players to the system and to be more adventurous in European matches.

In my opinion all other details come as a consequence of these two because other than that I see him as a perfect fit for the team.
thats only one thing :p

anyways i disagree, i think we rotated players plenty since the beginning, i just choose to not blame the coach on players' brainfarts, especially their 1st instance

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
thats only one thing :p

anyways i disagree, i think we rotated players plenty since the beginning, i just choose to not blame the coach on players' brainfarts, especially their 1st instance
When the coach has witnessed these brainfarts several times he should know better by now that he could avoid their consequences by using another approach.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
When the coach has witnessed these brainfarts several times he should know better by now that he could avoid their consequences by using another approach.
not all braifarts are created equal, we cant have controls for all kinds of defects, it is pretty obvious though that we need a solid CB to partner up with barzagli imo none of the other CBs is good enough to be in our backline

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Aproach has nothing to do with rotating the squad .We were little pussies yesterday.Even more palyers who warm bench whole season must give their 120% in order to convince Conte that they deserve first team place.We were awful yesterday,and not just yesterday ,on LAst Sunday with Fiorentian,Milan match ,Verona match etc..,only luck saves our asses in that matches but the bill once had to come.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Thought Juve played a solid enough game there.

Started fast and got the early goal, but it is difficult and dangerous to keep trying to play with that kind of tempo for very long in a game when you are playing against a good team who are out-numbering you in midfield.

So Juve dropped off a bit and slowed the game and both teams frankly looked like they were quite happy to just let time slip away and have the game finish 1-0. Fiorentina certainly weren't showing any particular inclination to try and force things to get the equaliser - they weren't even threatening to get into dangerous postions, never mind create a clear chance.

So for Juve to contrive to allow themselves to be beaten by a simple run and a straight chip over the defence is pathetic. Very hard to win games if you are going to make errors like that.

I hate this trend that I see from many defenders who just seem inclined to hope a player will be offside and then try to react if he isn't. There was absolutely no reason for Caceres to not track Gomez's run. Ogbonna could possibly also have seen where the ball was going and dropped off a little earlier and quicker, but that was the lesser error. Caceres has to take responsibility to mark Gomez in that situation.

So no doubt everyone will be furious at everything about the game because of a stupid moment from Caceres, even though Juve put in a solid enough performance and were in control of the game.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
It was not nearly to solid enough performance from Juve.Being at least 70 minutes at your half while playing at home is very far from solid performance .Also I think that Gomez situation prior to our conceding is more Ogbonna error than Caceres.But the aproach is the biggest problem.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Why is it not a solid performance to run no tactical risks when you have a lead?

Everything was cruising towards a 1-0 win for Juve - which would have been a good result - until the defensive cock up.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Why is it not a solid performance to run no tactical risks when you have a lead?

Everything was cruising towards a 1-0 win for Juve - which would have been a good result - until the defensive cock up.
Some call it a cautious approach (not to run risks), I call it a pussy approach.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)