[Europa League] JUVENTUS 1-1 fiorentina (March 13th 2014) (3 Viewers)

Boksic

May 11, 2005
If you guys think we're going to go to florence and get a positive result, you're in for a surprise on thursday.
This is the line-up Sky is saying for genoa on sunday:

Don't know why this wasn't the line-up last night, but instead we're playing our full team against genoa when we have a 14 point lead in Serie A. Expect Padoin, Peluso and Gio to play against Fiorentina.
A lot of panic for a predicted formation.

The line-up last night was correct, we need to rest some players and we should of had enough to come away with the win. The issue was the mentality of sitting back on a 1-0 lead.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
We were a lot more unpredictable then. Not to mention we got to play Celtic who were too awful to overcome our defensive plan. As soon as we faced Bayern we were less of an offensive threat to them than your average relegation candidate in Germany.

We sat back as they had their way with us. And we tried the same old slow motion play out from the back BS which got absolutely dominated.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
so it can't be because it's an italian coach mentality

Clearly it has to with Conte's tactical knowledge itself. Him being young is key. Like I said, Sir Alex only won 2 titles in 20+ years as coachj of man u. And I remember some seasons in the CL were they were awful in it.

Shit happens.

- - - Updated - - -

We were a lot more unpredictable then. Not to mention we got to play Celtic who were too awful to overcome our defensive plan. As soon as we faced Bayern we were less of an offensive threat to them than your average relegation candidate in Germany.

We sat back as they had their way with us. And we tried the same old slow motion play out from the back BS which got absolutely dominated.
Barca got annihlated too, because they tried to play their own game as well

Does this mean they should sell messi, and swithc tactics. Is this what happned? Of course not. Juve lost againt a superior team mentally, physically and technically. there is no shame in that

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
The thing is, in games like yesterday we showed we can take the game to inferior opposition. Then we score and all of a sudden we cant string 2 passes together and are scared to exit our own half

Why the hell are we letting inferior, injury plagued teams come to Turin and pin us back as if we're Chievo

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
I don't know. Since the Roma game, the team just dropped it's intensity.
this is the third season in a row that jventus seem really tired around this time of the year. conte should look at his coaching tactics maybe?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
so it can't be because it's an italian coach mentality

Clearly it has to with Conte's tactical knowledge itself. Him being young is key. Like I said, Sir Alex only won 2 titles in 20+ years as coachj of man u. And I remember some seasons in the CL were they were awful in it.

Shit happens.

- - - Updated - - -

Barca got annihlated too, because they tried to play their own game as well

Does this mean they should sell messi, and swithc tactics. Is this what happned? Of course not. Juve lost againt a superior team mentally, physically and technically. there is no shame in that
There is shame in collecting the amount of points we collected in the CL this season though and even more shame if we exit the EL at the hands of such an inferior Fiorentina. There is blame as well.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
That's one thing I've considered before, maybe Conte works the team too hard.

So, so many other clubs put their strongest line-up out across 2 or even 3 competitions, the way we talk in press conferences you would think that anything more than a game every 7 days is far too much

Maybe it might just be that in the 3-5-2 some of our players have to work too hard. EG Lichtsteiner and Asamoah have to put in tremendous shifts at wing-back. And Vidal has to use every ounce of his energy to cover for Pirlo, help defensively, pull players wide to give Pirlo space and then join our attacks.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
At least it was better tnan the performance in the league. Because that 1-0 against Fiorentina was a reference.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
That's one thing I've considered before, maybe Conte works the team too hard.

So, so many other clubs put their strongest line-up out across 2 or even 3 competitions, the way we talk in press conferences you would think that anything more than a game every 7 days is far too much

Maybe it might just be that in the 3-5-2 some of our players have to work too hard. EG Lichtsteiner and Asamoah have to put in tremendous shifts at wing-back. And Vidal has to use every ounce of his energy to cover for Pirlo, help defensively, pull players wide to give Pirlo space and then join our attacks.
I also think this is the reason.

Maybe Conte is just pushing certain players to insane limits to be able to play the 352 the way we play. The example u gave with Licht is pretty clear. He always seem to be overexhausted by the 60 mins. We put too much pressure in our wingbacks to do things they are not accustomed to do. In fact, i think that what licht and Asamoah are doing under Conte is nothing short of exemplary. Im worried about Licht because he is alrready 30 years old, which is not "old", but i dont know if he will endure the RWB position like he does in a year from today for example.

We seriously need to find a formation to be more balanced, but for that we also need 3 or 4 players to be able to do it swiftly. Marotta and Conte need to do some serious work.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
. And Vidal has to use every ounce of his energy to cover for Pirlo, help defensively, pull players wide to give Pirlo space and then join our attacks.
this pretty much demonstartes how far this 3-5-2 pushes the players. guys like Pogba and vidal have to be the wide players, the cms, the dms, and the ams at the same time. this is simply insane. no wonder their form fluctuates so much.

this is where Rakib actualy has a valid point with the 4-3-3. It would free vidal and Pogba to operate more from the centre and do those behind the defense runs.

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
this pretty much demonstartes how far this 3-5-2 pushes the players. guys like Pogba and vidal have to be the wide players, the cms, the dms, and the ams at the same time. this is simply insane. no wonder their form fluctuates so much.

this is where Rakib actualy has a valid point with the 4-3-3. It would free vidal and Pogba to operate more from the centre and do those behind the defense runs.
:agree:

with this 352 pogba and vidal have to act as wingers, attacking mids, defensive mid which is good in case of demonstrating their flexibility but it's absolutely insane as they will get tired easily. and with 352 we always concede when we take a bad set piece which leads into a counterattack.

with 433 and a proper leftback we would have a much more fit 5 midfielders. if you look at Bayern centre midfielders they have had around an average playing time of 1000 minutes played. This is because pep is contrantly rotating his squad depending on the level of their opposition. instead at juve we are mostly playing pogba and vidal which both have 2000+ minutes so they will be a lot tired when it comes to European competition. instead if we brought asamoah in midfield and played with asamoah, vidal, pirlo, pogba and marchisio in midfield we would be able to rotate a lot more.

vidal 2068 minutes in serie a
pogba 2204 minutes in serie a
pirlo 1607 minutes in serie a
marchisio 1390 minutes in serie a

Kroos 1524 minutes played in bundesliga
Gotze 1161 minutes played in bundesliga
Alcantara 944 minutes played in bundesliga
Sweinsteiger 1005 minutes played in bundesliga
Lahm 1778 minutes played in bundesliga
Martinez 707 minutes played in bundesliga

Pep does this for all of this positions (except goal keeper) so he is able to get the most out of players in every single match. after we convert to a 433 I hope does this with asamoah pogba vidal marchisio pirlo and one more CM that we might get.

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
The biggest difference between the likes of Barzagli to Ogbonna/Caceres is the ability to concentrate for 90 minutes.

It really shows up in games like these and emphasises the importance of keeping your starting X1 as consistent as possible. I feel that's the biggest similarity between Capello and Conte. The only positions they like to allow for rotation is up front.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
We should invest in a LB and a decent CM so we have plenty of rotation options and in a 433 our midfield could remain fresh as opposed to now where we are running the same few mids into the ground

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)