[Europa League] JUVENTUS 1-1 fiorentina (March 13th 2014) (4 Viewers)

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Thought Juve played a solid enough game there.

Started fast and got the early goal, but it is difficult and dangerous to keep trying to play with that kind of tempo for very long in a game when you are playing against a good team who are out-numbering you in midfield.

So Juve dropped off a bit and slowed the game and both teams frankly looked like they were quite happy to just let time slip away and have the game finish 1-0. Fiorentina certainly weren't showing any particular inclination to try and force things to get the equaliser - they weren't even threatening to get into dangerous postions, never mind create a clear chance.

So for Juve to contrive to allow themselves to be beaten by a simple run and a straight chip over the defence is pathetic. Very hard to win games if you are going to make errors like that.

I hate this trend that I see from many defenders who just seem inclined to hope a player will be offside and then try to react if he isn't. There was absolutely no reason for Caceres to not track Gomez's run. Ogbonna could possibly also have seen where the ball was going and dropped off a little earlier and quicker, but that was the lesser error. Caceres has to take responsibility to mark Gomez in that situation.

So no doubt everyone will be furious at everything about the game because of a stupid moment from Caceres, even though Juve put in a solid enough performance and were in control of the game.

can always count on you to see the mechanics behind it all :tup: i too thought we had this under control and 1-0 would have been great for us, since i am confident we will score there. Our mercato investment needs to be in the CB dept, but i just cant think of anyone...

- - - Updated - - -

Why is it not a solid performance to run no tactical risks when you have a lead?

Everything was cruising towards a 1-0 win for Juve - which would have been a good result - until the defensive cock up.
because we always need to be going 100% and on overdrive!!!

:sergio:

Buy on AliExpress.com

dann10

Ho visto Del Piero
Aug 26, 2008
If you guys think we're going to go to florence and get a positive result, you're in for a surprise on thursday.
This is the line-up Sky is saying for genoa on sunday:

Don't know why this wasn't the line-up last night, but instead we're playing our full team against genoa when we have a 14 point lead in Serie A. Expect Padoin, Peluso and Gio to play against Fiorentina.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
If you guys think we're going to go to florence and get a positive result, you're in for a surprise on thursday.

Don't know why this wasn't the line-up last night, but instead we're playing our full team against genoa when we have a 14 point lead in Serie A. Expect Padoin, Peluso and Gio to play against Fiorentina.
Zvet0.gif

@Klin

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
it's so frustrating it's almost funny. doesn't he realize that we will never hear the end of it if Fiorentina eliminate us...

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Why is it not a solid performance to run no tactical risks when you have a lead?

Everything was cruising towards a 1-0 win for Juve - which would have been a good result - until the defensive $#@! up.
1-0 even the game ended with that result is not a safe result for the second leg.Also it is a very dangereous result because it can always convert into a draw ,which sadly happens to us yesterday.Thats why.And above all,one thing is tactical performance and completely another being unable to play well.

Inglip

Jul 29, 2011
Its not about the line-up, its about the Del Neri mentality to defend 1 goal lead.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
I hope the fans boo Conte if he doesn't play the best XI in Florence.
He probably will play with our best eleven but I am concerned would be that enough to past the rats .Have in mind that they will start with trowing bricks to our bus and we will face full stadium of crazy rats.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012

:lol2:

So basically all he is interested in this year is breaking the points record.That would look good on his CV i suppose.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
There is nothing smart about defending a 1 goal lead so early on. Especially in Europe against an inferior team at home. You want to get as big of a lead as possible.

Look at the other top clubs in Europe. Imagine Madrid sitting back against Malaga at home after an early goal :lol:

Same applies to plenty of other teams. They had no Gomez (to start with) no Cuadrado no Rossi no Joaquin and they outplayed us at home. Unacceptable

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
He will always have an argument on his side that he won three consecutive scudetti ,and that is a excellent starting point for hiring at another club with bigger ambitions.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
There is nothing smart about defending a 1 goal lead so early on. Especially in Europe against an inferior team at home. You want to get as big of a lead as possible.

Look at the other top clubs in Europe. Imagine Madrid sitting back against Malaga at home after an early goal :lol:

Same applies to plenty of other teams. They had no Gomez (to start with) no Cuadrado no Rossi no Joaquin and they outplayed us at home. Unacceptable
Exactly. Cautious approach, my ass!

It's shit like that that pisses me off about Serie A. What a sorry mentality.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)