[EUROPA League] JUVENTUS 0 - 0 Ajax (Feb. 25th 2010) (1 Viewer)

donpiero

Stella D'Argento
Jul 3, 2009
You fan of Poupou huh ?
Not particularly, but just to be fair he was pretty good in his last few games prior to injury.
Now, I'm just saying Melo is Crazy. that's official. But I'm not sure if it's a good thing or bad for a DM cuz I haven't seen one like this before. :D

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Not particularly, but just to be fair he was pretty good in his last few games prior to injury.
Now, I'm just saying Melo is Crazy. that's official. But I'm not sure if it's a good thing or bad for a DM cuz I haven't seen one like this before. :D
It makes him an awesome player, I love to watch him play, he makes me laugh :D

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
I won't criticize the team or the manager, for failing to beat Ajax. All I am interested in is recovery. And recovery begins with making us harder to beat and also winning games. BOTH of these things are beginning to blossom under Zach, and I most definitely DO NOT put it down to the return to match sharpness of DP...I put it down to Zach. Because to my eyes, the whole team is playing with noticably, but not yet enough, improved composure and confidence. yet we are playing almost the exact same formation, with the exact same players which Ciro had at his disposal.

Considering that our last home fixture in european competition ended horrifically, with one of the worst results and performances I have ever seen by a Juve team, a 0-0 home result against Ajax, who are indeed nowhere near the calibre of Munchen, but also, no slouches, and in decent form domestically, with a capable manager, is a decent enough result for me. Because it shows improvement.

We have moved on from pathetic, to lacking enterprise. Which is a big step in the Right direction.

By all means, moan moan moan when we are losing and playing with no hope, no organization, no heart...but when those areas are clearly improving, and we are now drawing and winning games, its time to once again show enthusiasm, as the more of us who feel positive towards the current team, the more it will be transferred to the dressing room. As we are ALL connected...

so...Forza Zach. Forza Juve...

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
It said that Zacch told the team to hold out for a draw (at half time) and only to pursue on a counter-attack. So we played very defensively this game which is probably why we didn't put a goal up.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
It said that Zacch told the team to hold out for a draw (at half time) and only to pursue on a counter-attack. So we played very defensively this game which is probably why we didn't put a goal up.
which is totally ok, if you are not into nitpicking in the search for something to critizise...

mission accomplished .. next game please

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
which is totally ok, if you are not into nitpicking in the search for something to critizise...

mission accomplished .. next game please
I don't care much either, atleast we're still in the Europa. (Unlike Roma)

Lets come out hard on Fulham though.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Luckily Ajax are shite, otherwise we would have not progressed having allowed a team so much uninterrupted possession.

It is beyond the comprehension of Italian coaches that the more possession you have the less your opponents has, and therefore the less likely you are to concede a goal. Clearing the ball directly to them non-stop and than absorbing attack after attack is a very risk tactic, as all it takes is a deflection, silly foul, handball, or something else to piss away the match.

Killing the tempo of the game by passing the ball around, which may or not involve attacking play, is the smarter course of action, as proven by other European teams who have employed this tactic to greater success than the shite tactics Italians chose to play when leading.

We played decently in the 1st half, and than stopped playing in the 2nd. We are through with a clean sheet and for that I am happy. However, I'm tired of this Italian non-sense in Europe. It's a backwards way of thinking that isn't applicable in modern football, and the results of Italian teams in Europe in recent times have absolutely proven this to be the case.
I don't think our team has the legs to keep pressure up for 90 mins. Also we don't have the structure to sustain it, cracks will appear. We did it very well for 45mins, put pressure and kept possession and were the better team. Then it was just about the clean sheet and preserving the energy.
I won't criticize the team or the manager, for failing to beat Ajax. All I am interested in is recovery. And recovery begins with making us harder to beat and also winning games. BOTH of these things are beginning to blossom under Zach, and I most definitely DO NOT put it down to the return to match sharpness of DP...I put it down to Zach. Because to my eyes, the whole team is playing with noticably, but not yet enough, improved composure and confidence. yet we are playing almost the exact same formation, with the exact same players which Ciro had at his disposal.

Considering that our last home fixture in european competition ended horrifically, with one of the worst results and performances I have ever seen by a Juve team, a 0-0 home result against Ajax, who are indeed nowhere near the calibre of Munchen, but also, no slouches, and in decent form domestically, with a capable manager, is a decent enough result for me. Because it shows improvement.

We have moved on from pathetic, to lacking enterprise. Which is a big step in the Right direction.

By all means, moan moan moan when we are losing and playing with no hope, no organization, no heart...but when those areas are clearly improving, and we are now drawing and winning games, its time to once again show enthusiasm, as the more of us who feel positive towards the current team, the more it will be transferred to the dressing room. As we are ALL connected...

so...Forza Zach. Forza Juve...
Indeed, had something in mind and simply did it. Very organised performance and the solidity is back to the team. Credit to him, now he will need to manage the team because all the injured players are getting back and you get reactions like Diego's today

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)