[EUROPA League] JUVENTUS 0 - 0 Ajax (Feb. 25th 2010) (4 Viewers)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Anyways to lighten up. Ranieri :lol:
I'm pretty sure that Roma didn't lose on purpose and they probably gave their all but failed. On the other hand though, this elimination might be the best that could happen to them.
They can't win the league if they play on 3 fronts.
With Inter having chances to stay in CL past this round and with the Roma-Inter match being played in Rome, Roma are in good position to do something amazing in Italy.

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure that they will fail.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
I'm pretty sure that Roma didn't lose on purpose and they probably gave their all but failed. On the other hand though, this elimination might be the best that could happen to them.
They can't win the league if they play on 3 fronts.
With Inter having chances to stay in CL past this round and with the Roma-Inter match being played in Rome, Roma are in good position to do something amazing in Italy.

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure that they will fail.
With Ranieri in charge they will fail. Regardless of the hype Ranieri he will choke like he always does.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Only limited people wouldn't want to win this competition. Winning this competition would be great.
It would be incredible, we'll be the all time champions of this competition. Alone this time, since we have 3 already the same as Barca and some other teams I can't remember..

Let's win this :weee:

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I know man, was expecting a lot from Melo. Just disappointed that he is always talking but he needs to 'walk' so to say.
He has improved from when he first got here. Confederations Cup really influenced his form, as he was more tired than the rest of the team during pre-season. In these last few matches, he had been great defensively. He is even looking better because he is not trying to go for those killer passes, just keeping it simple but strong instead.

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
All that matters is that we're through, on to the next round. Lets see how they can build on this result.

Positives:

1- Pure tactical win.
2- We got a clean sheet.
3- DC and Grygera's defense was good today.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
He has improved from when he first got here. Confederations Cup really influenced his form, as he was more tired than the rest of the team during pre-season. In these last few matches, he had been great defensively. He is even looking better because he is not trying to go for those killer passes, just keeping it simple but strong instead.
Unfortunately I missed our last 3 matches. Today I just think he was off his game, thank Ajax for being pathetic otherwise Melo was a red card waiting.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
Luckily Ajax are shite, otherwise we would have not progressed having allowed a team so much uninterrupted possession.

It is beyond the comprehension of Italian coaches that the more possession you have the less your opponents has, and therefore the less likely you are to concede a goal. Clearing the ball directly to them non-stop and than absorbing attack after attack is a very risk tactic, as all it takes is a deflection, silly foul, handball, or something else to piss away the match.

Killing the tempo of the game by passing the ball around, which may or not involve attacking play, is the smarter course of action, as proven by other European teams who have employed this tactic to greater success than the shite tactics Italians chose to play when leading.

We played decently in the 1st half, and than stopped playing in the 2nd. We are through with a clean sheet and for that I am happy. However, I'm tired of this Italian non-sense in Europe. It's a backwards way of thinking that isn't applicable in modern football, and the results of Italian teams in Europe in recent times have absolutely proven this to be the case.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
All that matters is that we're through, on to the next round. Lets see how they can build on this result.

Positives:

1- Pure tactical win.
2- We got a clean sheet.
3- DC and Grygera's defense was good today.
You should thank Marchisio for helping out Grygera.

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
Btw, all three German clubs in the EL are through to the next round. Stuttgart and Bayern Munich are not far from the next round. We need at least 4 Italian teams to keep progressing so we won't lose the fourth spot.

Roma is out. Juve looks to be safe. Fiorentina, Inter and Ac Milan have a chance...we shall see what happens.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Luckily Ajax are shite, otherwise we would have not progressed having allowed a team so much uninterrupted possession.

It is beyond the comprehension of Italian coaches that the more possession you have the less your opponents has, and therefore the less likely you are to concede a goal. Clearing the ball directly to them non-stop and than absorbing attack after attack is a very risk tactic, as all it takes is a deflection, silly foul, handball, or something else to piss away the match.

Killing the tempo of the game by passing the ball around, which may or not involve attacking play, is the smarter course of action, as proven by other European teams who have employed this tactic to greater success than the shite tactics Italians chose to play when leading.

We played decently in the 1st half, and than stopped playing in the 2nd. We are through with a clean sheet and for that I am happy. However, I'm tired of this Italian non-sense in Europe. It's a backwards way of thinking that isn't applicable in modern football, and the results of Italian teams in Europe in recent times have absolutely proven this to be the case.
:agree:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)