[EUROPA League] JUVENTUS 0 - 0 Ajax (Feb. 25th 2010) (10 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Luckily Ajax are shite, otherwise we would have not progressed having allowed a team so much uninterrupted possession.

It is beyond the comprehension of Italian coaches that the more possession you have the less your opponents has, and therefore the less likely you are to concede a goal. Clearing the ball directly to them non-stop and than absorbing attack after attack is a very risk tactic, as all it takes is a deflection, silly foul, handball, or something else to piss away the match.

Killing the tempo of the game by passing the ball around, which may or not involve attacking play, is the smarter course of action, as proven by other European teams who have employed this tactic to greater success than the shite tactics Italians chose to play when leading.

We played decently in the 1st half, and than stopped playing in the 2nd. We are through with a clean sheet and for that I am happy. However, I'm tired of this Italian non-sense in Europe. It's a backwards way of thinking that isn't applicable in modern football, and the results of Italian teams in Europe in recent times have absolutely proven this to be the case.
Thank you, plus rep. I've gotten tired of saying it myself.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
We wouldn't have played like that against a better team though...not in terms of philosophy and being happy to give them so much possession.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Btw, all three German clubs in the EL are through to the next round. Stuttgart and Bayern Munich are not far from the next round. We need at least 4 Italian teams to keep progressing so we won't lose the fourth spot.

Roma is out. Juve looks to be safe. Fiorentina, Inter and Ac Milan have a chance...we shall see what happens.
Milan are basically out. Viola has a chance but they will probably choke. Inter may choke as well.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Milan are basically out. Viola has a chance but they will probably choke. Inter may choke as well.
I can easily imagine Juve being the only Italian team in Europe in the next round.

Then I'd really like to see if Inter, Milan, Roma and Fiorentina fans will support us, the way Juve fans support the other Italians in Europe.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Well you could argue that we wouldn't be in that position, but all said and done there is still a lot of fear in the team and it's understandable. In these circumstances you can only be happy with the result, but that is the most important thing for now. I feared it would be such a flat game just because we won in Amsterdam.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
We had 2 goals advantage and Ajax's defense looked everything but solid. With just a little more attacking attitude and attacking subs, at least in the last 10-15 minutes, we could have won this.
i don't listen to you... with your anti-italian sights on the game and on top you are not even italiEn ! :lol:

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I can easily imagine Juve being the only Italian team in Europe in the next round.

Then I'd really like to see if Inter, Milan, Roma and Fiorentina fans will support us, the way Juve fans support the other Italians in Europe.
Some will. Some wont. Not that complicated.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Luckily Ajax are shite, otherwise we would have not progressed having allowed a team so much uninterrupted possession.

It is beyond the comprehension of Italian coaches that the more possession you have the less your opponents has, and therefore the less likely you are to concede a goal. Clearing the ball directly to them non-stop and than absorbing attack after attack is a very risk tactic, as all it takes is a deflection, silly foul, handball, or something else to piss away the match.

Killing the tempo of the game by passing the ball around, which may or not involve attacking play, is the smarter course of action, as proven by other European teams who have employed this tactic to greater success than the shite tactics Italians chose to play when leading.

We played decently in the 1st half, and than stopped playing in the 2nd. We are through with a clean sheet and for that I am happy. However, I'm tired of this Italian non-sense in Europe. It's a backwards way of thinking that isn't applicable in modern football, and the results of Italian teams in Europe in recent times have absolutely proven this to be the case.
Well we gave them possesion in the 2nd half, just when we realised they were shit in the 1st :D
I think you mean Inter and Liverpool. Not Barca.
Yup, I just checked.

The all time UEFA Cup champions are: Juventus, Pool, Merda.

donpiero

Stella D'Argento
Jul 3, 2009
Melo was great today, covering a lot of ground defensively.
But his reaction upon receiving the yellow, was one of the weirdest things ever.
Now I'm sure he's an absolute nut case.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I didn't see the whole game but we weren't bad in the first half.

Melo was great today, covering a lot of ground defensively.
But his reaction upon receiving the yellow, was one of the weirdest things ever.
Now I'm sure he's an absolute nut case.
How bout when he got fired up after blocking that dude's shot near the end of the match.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)