[Europa League] Fulham 4-1 JUVENTUS (March 18th 2010) (12 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Giving credit to Dempsey for scoring the goal isn't the first thing that comes to mind after my team loses a 4-1 advantage in 75 minutes, like it would for you. If that's all then credit to Dempsey for placing the ball perfectly, I initially thought it was a cross because the angle looked ridiculous.

I'm not going to go over the top with Chimenti but he made a few easy saves look more difficult than they should have been (notably the free kick), although he did make a good save on Hangelaand in the second half. He should be diving for saves more often.
No, it's not about giving Dempsey credit. You just blamed Chimenti for the goal like it was some major screw up yet it wasn't. It was just a brilliant goal.

The keeper was the least of our problems out there yet gets the stick, but that is what generally happens. A guy like Canna can get sent off and fall to the floor like a pussy for a goal and nobody blames him but one "unlikeable" somebody that wasn't too bad gets the shaft.

But ow wait, one guy is a loved Azzurri player and the other is not. I apologize.

That's what we got here, 100%.

Buy on AliExpress.com
May 22, 2007
No, it's not about giving Dempsey credit. You just blamed Chimenti for the goal like it was some major screw up yet it wasn't. It was just a brilliant goal.

The keeper was the least of our problems out there yet gets the stick, but that is what generally happens. A guy like Canna can get sent off and fall to the floor like a pussy for a goal and nobody blames him but somebody that wasn't too bad gets the shaft.

But ow wait, one guy is a loved Azzurri player and the other is not.

That's what we got here, 100%.
As I said before, I'm the last person you should be telling this stuff about Canna (or any of our players). I know he was dreadful in the run up to the goal, and has been generally shit all season. I don't even want him starting for the national team, and I've given him criticism when it's deserved in his thread, as I said repeating all this is boring. I even hated it when he got the captains armband vs Siena over Trez. You can go to the Grosso thread to see my thoughts on another Azzurri hero who people thought would be amazing, I was one of the only ones to be firmly 100% against his transfer to this club because he's past it, and still knew he would be awful despite the "brilliant" deal we got him for.

Gamaro

The Arabian Knight
Aug 6, 2007
There is no surprise for me as juve lost 4 YD,simply because we played with:

CHIMENTI:an experienced 39 GK who has no experience cause most of his life spent cleaning the bench.

ZEBINA:an injury prone player who spent hours in hospitals n clinics more than what he spent on pitch.

CANNAVARO:the oldest starter in all the heavyweight clubs in europe.

GROSSO:the only defender in the world who doesnt know how to defend.

GRYGERA:the best assister in the world(u understand what i mean)

SALIHAMIDZICH:no comment

FELIPE MELO:the biggest flop in the season.

CAMORANESI:the official sponser of the term PAST

DIEGO:a player who never defend and when he defended............PK

TREZEGUET:the entire match was singing Akon's LONLEY IM STILL LONLEY I HV NO BODY.....................

DEL PIERO:a ferrari car with no fuel.

SISSOKO:THE ONLY TRUE JUVENTINO ON THE PITCH WAS MOMO,REALLY PROUD OF HIM

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002

CHIMENTI:an experienced 39 GK who has no experience cause most of his life spent cleaning the bench.

ZEBINA:an injury prone player who spent hours in hospitals n clinics more than what he spent on pitch.

TREZEGUET:the entire match was singing Akon's LONLEY IM STILL LONLEY I HV NO BODY.....................

How do you criticise DP he has barely been there for 5 minutes

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

How do you criticise DP he has barely been there for 5 minutes
Does it matter honestly? Just look at scoreline and teams involced. DP himself said this was the most embarrassing moment of his Juventus scorer. No one is exempt from criticism after this.

Mar 10, 2009
Lol but I really got it tonight, even when I bring up the fact that our team was fucked by injuries my ignorant friends who know little about Juventus and Serie A don't care, they just see the scoreline :(

I've been banging on about how although I class the EPL and LA Liga as above Serie A still, I don't believe it's as far behind as the english make out. I was making a good case til tonight. Fiorentina knocked out Liverpool, Inter > Chelsea, I was kinda banking on Juventus doing it to Fulham so I could say Serie A 3 - EPL 1 this season :p Ah well

But yeah the arrogance shown by the english is sickening. I remember Robbie Earle and some others talking about Chelsea like they were basically through last week on (sh)I(te)TV. As much as I hate Inter i'm kinda willing them on to win the Champs League this year just to give me some ammo. Infact even in the Man United first leg game with Milan, I think Milan had the better of them. It was just naivety and terrible defending that stopped them from winning and of course the tremendous form of Wayne Rooney.... then that terrible showing in the 2nd leg really did it

lol la liga is a sack of shit, the media in the uk are just anti italian. The reason why the spanish teams appear to look better is because they keep getting easy draws in the cl, had you swapped the italian and spanish fixtures in the cl, the serie a teams would have went through.
For he last 4 years italian teams have been drawn out with strong english teams, where as Uefa more or less gives the spanish teams a ticket to the quaters.

Having said that I'd still rather the a spanish team won it over an english team any day of the week.

English media are a pack of wankers dude, everyone seems to know this. Hopefully the epl teams get knocked out next, coz im gonna give them all no sympathy if they do

arc

Mar 11, 2004
lol la liga is a sack of shit, the media in the uk are just anti italian. The reason why the spanish teams appear to look better is because they keep getting easy draws in the cl, had you swapped the italian and spanish fixtures in the cl, the serie a teams would have went through.
For he last 4 years italian teams have been drawn out with strong english teams, where as Uefa more or less gives the spanish teams a ticket to the quaters.

Having said that I'd still rather the a spanish team won it over an english team any day of the week.

English media are a pack of wankers dude, everyone seems to know this. Hopefully the epl teams get knocked out next, coz im gonna give them all no sympathy if they do
Bordeaux for the WIN

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
This is probably the first times I am absolutely ashamed of this team. The combination of the result, the attitude and the comments that came later just did it for me. Complete lack of class from some of our players (especially Melo and Zebina). The lack of character just compounded how important it is to bring in new players. Ref, away game and even fans turning against the team does not justify the actions I saw this morning.

Canna showed was hes not up to it anymore, he didn't/couldn't even use his experience just ran around like a headless chicken.

Diego pissed me off the most. That last passage of play was just a sign of his season ( just pass the fucking ball, even if it didn't reach Trezi at least your tried the best option!) . Dwelling too much on the ball, bad decision making and lack of real impact.

I just hope we could get to fourth place because this is a massive kick in the teeth. Even bigger than the Bayern or Milan games.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Let's archive this disgusting game. May someone please open a Juventus vs Sampdoria thread? I predict an uninspiring, lethargic, snooze fest culminating in a fortuitous 1-0 Juve victory.

Apr 15, 2006

You say Grosso is the only defender who doesn't know how to defend. Yet you name another such defender just after him. Pffft... :tdown:

Jasp

Mar 19, 2009
I think Cannavaro is really to blame here...

This first goal they get, he looks really bad. Maybe there is a free kick, but I doubt. On his red card (which is fine imo) he is on whe wrong side of the attacker. He should his experience and position himself right, but no:sergio:
So Thanx to him, it's 1-1 and wer're down to ten, not having a single CB.

When that happened, I think all of us had the feeling it was more likely they qualifed than we did.

After the red card I think Zac made a mistake subbing in Grygera - it should have been Poulsen. The reasons for that, I think he is just as good a CB and I think his confidence is higher atm.

The next mistake was that the backline was so low, they positionend themselves 1m into area, I don't care what teams you face, if you do that, they a gonna create and when you have a back four like that, they are going to score. Fulham look like a passing team, I contribute that to the fact that we kept pulling back. I couldn't reckon if Zac tried to push em forward or not - if not I think it was a clear mistake.

Maybe taking Candreva out was fine, he had not started well, but I think we made the same mistake as against Bayern - we could not keep the ball so maybe a Camo-Sissoko-Candreva would have been better in terms of holding on to the ball. Poulsen for sure, would have contributed to that instead of Grygera.

Subbing De Ceglie in I never understood. With Iaquinta out, he had no choice other than putting DP in when we had to score.

I could see taking Trezeguet out for Poulsen and putting Diego on top. We were not going to win in the air against Hangeland, so we could play the ball to Diego, and Candreava and Camoranesi should have pushed up to help him. But then again without a target man, it is very hard.

To sum up: I give Cannavaro a big fat 0 for last nights performance. 3 for his playing and -3 because he was supposed to be our leader.
Zac: I give him 4. Did the easy things. Did not show any guts, and how he thought we could stand the pressure in the 2nd half with DC in, I never understood. Didn't do enough to push our backline forward.

Chimenti was decent. Did what we could expect and then some. I don't understand bashing him, bc he was not meant to play but did what was asked of.

Diego - Not a great performance, but I don't see what he could do. He never gets any help and he is not Messi. The penalty. Unlucky, don't think it is on purpose and I don't hold it against him.

Treze. Did fine on the goal, and that was it. Couldn't do much.

Melo / Sissoko: Just not good enough with Sissoko as the better one.

Camoranesi: I expect more from him in terms of passes and holding the ball. Not good enough.

Back four: FAIL. We should be much more compact, much less space between our lines. The fact they kept ulling back, made it very hard for our midfield bc they had pull back as well and then cover more ground.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
stop blaming individuals we sucked as a collective, coach. players and board...

we need a massive change, fresh air, get dead weight out.

and for the love of god do not blame chimenti, he saved us on 2 or three occasions.

Dec 31, 2008
This season is gonna hurt for a long time. The Bayern(4-1), Milan(3-0), Fulham(4-1), Siena(3-3). A lot of embarassments. Just want this to end as fast as possible

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
last night just demonstrated how important gigi is to us. Im not suggesting he would have saved those goal, i dont think fullham would have had any of those chances if gigi were on the pitch. After sunday you could see how terrified all of the backline were of anyone getting near the goal with ball, they became sloppy and let poor deliveries pay off. Coupled to zacc thinking that having 3 fbs and and cb all playing cb was a good idea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)