[Europa League] Fulham 4-1 JUVENTUS (March 18th 2010) (5 Viewers)

Aug 17, 2007
In the last few years, After italian teams suffered from heavy defeats (like Roma vs. Manchester, and Inter vs...well, vs. everyone, they suck in europe) I always said that Juve and Milan are the real 'Italian teams', two really big clubs that will never lose like that, no matter what. that those clubs always save the good name of italian football.

Well, this year it all blowed up in my face. We conceded 4 goals twice (OMG...) from Bayern and today (Fulham! omg man...Fulham...), and Milan got humiliated vs. the United.

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON THIS SEASON? (i don't give a fuck about Milan, but still).

WE LOST OUR PRIDE. SAME THING ABOUT ITALIAN FOOTBALL. I HATE THIS SEASON!!! WHERE IS THE REAL JUVE?! WHERE?!!!??!?!?!

:sergio: :sergio: :sergio: :sergio: :sergio: :sergio: :sergio:

Buy on AliExpress.com

DelPieroTen

Dec 8, 2009
I agree with people saying we need to clear out the old players. The only one i'd really want to keep is Del Piero but i believe from next season he should be happy to become a bit part player. He should be our wild card, our 4th choice. Someone to throw on in the dying minutes or to play when there is injuries. Basically play the role Zola did at the end of his Chelsea days. Trezeguet said he was going anyway and Amauri should be sold back to Palermo if they still want him. I'd keep Iaquinta because he'd be good back up.

Mar 10, 2009
I think the problem with our team is Diego and Melo. They haven't realy fitted in but it's hard to tell if it's their fault or just poor management. Maybe both. A player like Diego is someone we should be looking to build a team around if we have confidence in him.
thats how it was looking like

remember at the start? he came on and scored that world class goal in the friendly, he set up iquinta's goal in our first serie a game, he scores two goals against roma.
It was going that way, melo was amazing too.

But formations were adjusted to fit the old, ppl who praise Diego's latest performances are kidding themselves. I would well rather have deigo of werde bremen and of the start of the season, then have some formation constructed for has beens.

Our midfield has plenty of talent, but it's not being used correctly, melo and sissoko doesnt work either. We were fine, with diego, melo, marchisio and carmonasi. But we kept switching midfielders anf formations and so we couldnt adjust

DelPieroTen

Dec 8, 2009
I agree with most of what you said InsouciantTerrorist. I made a point about the poor refereeing. It is a valid point. If the ref had done his job tonight we would have went through.....just. IMO Cannavaro was never worthy of a red card. It's hard to tell how much contact there was, even so the ball is going whizzing past both of them, out wide, and Grosso is to cover. He got sent off for halting a goalscoring opportunity that wasn't going to be a goalscoring opportunity. A free kick and a yellow would have been harsh. Ironically Zamora fouls Cannavaro for his goal in a similar manner and even the most biased of english press admitted the penalty was harsh.

BUT LET ME JUST STRESS I completely agree with you saying that the performance was shite and that we got what we deserved and that the board all the way through to players need a massive shake up. The refs decisions can't mask what happened tonight and the changes that need to be made. Who can help this club now? The directors don't want to step down so can they be thrown out. CAN SOMEONE THROW THESE LOSERS OUT?????

DelPieroTen

Dec 8, 2009
You know before this tie, this is how bad I feel about Juve's chances now, I expected a Fulham victory but I was pleasantly suprised with the way we dispatched them in the first leg. It never entered my mind we would go out after that. I was expecting a defeat tonight but not a 4-1 mauling from Fulham FFS?

It's worse because it's an English team for me and more attention will be brought to it. Say we got mauled by Marseille or Werder Bremen it would have been hard to take but a lot easier than FUCKING FULHAM. I'm almost laughin in disbelief

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I think the sending off was hugely significant. Going down to ten players really killed us out there showing this team has a really weak mentality that just folds under the pressure of playing a man down.

Mar 10, 2009
It's worse because it's an English team for me and more attention will be brought to it. Say we got mauled by Marseille or Werder Bremen it would have been hard to take but a lot easier than FUCKING FULHAM. I'm almost laughin in disbelief

Same lol, i get it all the time

just remind your friends Gary Linkear's and Steve Machmanamons predictions a couple of days ago tho:

ON ALGEZERA SPORTS:

Gary Linker: I think Chelsea will beat inter 3 - 0

OWNED :lol: :lol:

7WordsOrLess

Aug 14, 2007
Instead of mocking you guys like my Milan were mocked a week ago, I will take the high road. I never thought the day would come when I would pity Juventus, but that was an embarrassment to watch. After Trez scored I was 100% sure you had it sewn up. Unfortunately your management is living in the past (Zaccheroni? HA!) and are retarded at the same time (Nice job buying Felipe Melo while you already had 3 good DMs).

I hope you improve if only because I love Gigi and ADP and can't bear to see them surrounded by such shitty squad.

Mar 10, 2009
I hope you improve if only because I love Gigi and ADP and can't bear to see them surrounded by such shitty squad.

Dude your team is worse than ours on paper, it's just Leo is the better manager, not that that is a hard thing to achieve, but i think Leo has worked wonders with the team he had.

Both our teams are run by idiots whether its secco + blanc or Gallini and Belsconi

and no, I can't be bothered correcting there names, because they're not worth it

Mar 24, 2006
We are doomed ;) i mean , i don't give a fuck in this competition after being kicked out insanely by Bayern , but losing to Fulham 4-1 ? give me a break :sergio:

i had my sympathy for Zaccheroni since his arrival , but fielding old man Chimenti after watching his disastrous performance on Siena's game was just unacceptable :mad:

WE NEED AN URGENT REVOLUTION ASAP !
:mad::cry::mad:

Jan 14, 2010
this why italian teams have been failing, because italian managers don't mind relying on old players. Roma don't seem to mind that their relying on someone whos in his 30's totti and it dosesnt look like they want to change, same with juve del piero, same with lippi and italy etc

in england younger players are constantly given the push, giovinco would have been world class by now had he been playing for an englush team.

But no why bother playing on giovinco when you have a 35 year old on your team ?

WE NEED A GOOD MANAGER !!
I still can't believe we let Hiddenk go

this is why so many italians peak late, it's because they arent given the chance at a young age

Exactly! When Camo, Del Piero and Legro are still an important part of the team at 33, 35 and 34 respectively you know your team is seriously on the decline. I'm always on this site promoting Giovinco because in my eyes I can see a real jewel in the kid, a player who can lead Juventus to new heights but obviously Juventus "Italian" coaches don't see this. That's another issue I have, "Italian coaches", I don't want anymore of them. The game is leaving them behind with their negative or cowardly tactics however way you look at it. Give me a Rijkaard, Van Gaal, Wenger type coach who is not afraid to play attacking football.

7WordsOrLess

Aug 14, 2007
Leo a better coach? 6-0 aggregate to Inter and 7-2 to Man Utd... Pathetic. He is just lucky.

and no, I can't be bothered correcting there names, because they're not worth it
I agree they aren't worth it. Sure I am probably a Milan fan b/c of Berlu, but that doesn't mean I can't bash him and Fester for refusing to invest some youth in our team (We got lucky with pato and T. Silva). I mean WTF Emerson and Brocchi over Gourcuff? :sergio:

Anyways this isn't a Milan thread so... :drill:

DelPieroTen

Dec 8, 2009
Same lol, i get it all the time

just remind your friends Gary Linkear's and Steve Machmanamons predictions a couple of days ago tho:

ON ALGEZERA SPORTS:

Gary Linker: I think Chelsea will beat inter 3 - 0

OWNED :lol: :lol:
Lol but I really got it tonight, even when I bring up the fact that our team was fucked by injuries my ignorant friends who know little about Juventus and Serie A don't care, they just see the scoreline :(

I've been banging on about how although I class the EPL and LA Liga as above Serie A still, I don't believe it's as far behind as the english make out. I was making a good case til tonight. Fiorentina knocked out Liverpool, Inter > Chelsea, I was kinda banking on Juventus doing it to Fulham so I could say Serie A 3 - EPL 1 this season :p Ah well

But yeah the arrogance shown by the english is sickening. I remember Robbie Earle and some others talking about Chelsea like they were basically through last week on (sh)I(te)TV. As much as I hate Inter i'm kinda willing them on to win the Champs League this year just to give me some ammo. Infact even in the Man United first leg game with Milan, I think Milan had the better of them. It was just naivety and terrible defending that stopped them from winning and of course the tremendous form of Wayne Rooney.... then that terrible showing in the 2nd leg really did it

Sep 2, 2004
Salihamidzic - Gygrera - Zebina - Grosso

Juve lined up stronger defenses in Berlusconi Cup in preseason. That is absolutely the worst defense to ever play an official match for Juve. Cannavaro's red card ruined everything. Injuries, together with Ciro Ferrara hiring, have ruined this season. Somebody has to pay for this. This cant be allowed anymore, our players are dropping like flies with same injuries. Everyone has the same knee or strained thigh problem. Bottom line is, something has to be done about mistakes of this season whether it is Secco, Blanc, or someone else. I'm more embarassed by this loss than playing in Serie B. Losing to fucking Fulham 4:1 is rock bottom. It can not get worse than this. Which top player would want to play for a team that lost 4:1 to fucking Fulham? Fulham for Godsake!!!!!! Its so embarassing.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
as i already wrote in the other post, i would have found the substitution of camo instead of candreva more sensible, but i really can only explain this too his old-star/champion-status. it was just easier to take someone of the pitch earlier which will swallow that quietly than some diva like camo who would've caused even further turmoil (in the aftermatch to this game)
When i saw the game, i pretty much confuse with the Candreva subs too. It better take off Camo. We down to 10 men, and Candreva have more physical ability to compete with English game rather than Camo (who now just got back from injury and old).. Other than that we already have Brazzo, Zebina who is injury prone player and just back from the injury list too.. And Candreva is already has some understanding and coexist with Diego while they play together in some matches with the formation.. DC subs in also horrible

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
Haha.. this what happen when we play our reverse in defense. 2 injury prone players who i don't know if them is ever fit to play again (Zebina, Sali), 2 clumsy defender (Grosso and Grygera), and a keeper who never play on the pitch again for years (Chimenti).. Add to that Canna (who already 37 years old)

Yet i still can't believe this elimination, we already lead 4-1 on aggregate.. and if we need just score 1 more goal to kill off the game. Yet we can eliminate by Fulham.. This is a dream, right? Wake me up when this bad dream ends

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Disgusting, embarrassing, pitiful, pathetic, shambolic, diabolical, humiliating, and it goes on and on...

Having a player sent off, however unjust it may seem, is no excuse for giving up a one goal lead and losing 4-1 to a mediocre English team. We can't be looking to blame the ref, injuries, or circumstances for this loss. This team simply isn't good enough; some of the backup players we have should be at home sipping beer and watching prime time tv, not lacing their boots up for a crucial European fixture.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Two more things. Look at those fucking losers in the LIVE thread today, saying, "oh, this is great that we're going out, concentrating on Champions League qualification. Europa League is a loser cup anyway." What a bunch of pathetic shit. Sorry-ass fans.

Oh, and check out how only a couple folks said that Dempsey's goal was class. Most just blamed it on Chimi even though it was a touch of brilliance. Again, what a bunch of sore losers.

I thought we got rid of the faux fans during Serie B. Guess not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)