[Europa League] Fulham 4-1 JUVENTUS (March 18th 2010) (8 Viewers)

Mar 10, 2009
WTF are you talking about? I never wrote that. I don't give a dam about our midfield or attack. Re read my post, I was only pointing out the defense. Our defense is horrible, one of the worst in Serie A, which is a shame. We need top class defenders along side Chiellini, because no World Class coach will win anything with this defense.
I was referring to all those who claimed we should have spent more money on defenders instead, not you. The part above was reference to you post however.

Had we bought defenders instead of the likes of melo and diego, i garuntee you we would have complained about lack of midfield signings.

Under Ranieri our first 11 had loads of holes, we needed to fill them in and loads of money to fix, and i belive had we had a decent coach some of our problems would have been solved.

Saying that it's still not a excuse , how much was lucio bought again ?

But the point im trying to make is that our team isnt as bad as everyone says it is, Sir Alex can get some old players and the likes of Park to play amazing, thats what u get when u have a good coach, something we haven't had all year.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
We just won't have the funds for a complete turn around in the summer mercato. It will take 3 summers worth of signings if we want to be back to absolute full strength again and that's if Secco doesn't sign any flops.

El Santo

El Enmascarado de Plata
Nov 26, 2008
I was referring to all those who claimed we should have spent more money on defenders instead, not you. The part above was reference to you post however.

Had we bought defenders instead of the likes of melo and diego, i garuntee you we would have complained about lack of midfield signings.

Under Ranieri our first 11 had loads of holes, we needed to fill them in and loads of money to fix, and i belive had we had a decent coach some of our problems would have been solved.

Saying that it's still not a excuse , how much was lucio bought again ?

But the point im trying to make is that our team isnt as bad as everyone says it is, Sir Alex can get some old players and the likes of Park to play amazing, thats what u get when u have a good coach, something we haven't had all year.
No, because we were already stacked in our midfield, the Diego purchase was understandable because we needed a "replacement" for Nedved, the Melo purchase was not necessary.

Jan 14, 2010
Juventus in Serie B had:

SuperGigi, Del Piero, Trez, Nedved, Camo, Cheillini, Zalayeta, Birindelli, Zebina, Legro.

Those players except (Zebina and Legro) was still in their primes and playing at a very high level. We added Iaquinta and Sissoko which proved to be good buys. Back in 2007 when we returned from Serie B Juve should have focused their attention on bringing in a Top Class manager and buying 2 world class defenders (CB and LB). Then every season we add a young talented player to play and replace the old guards who were experience champions and could teach them how to be a champion. Then slowly, gradually integrating them into the 1st team.

Instead of this....we had to witness the idiots incharge giving away Criscito and tried to offload Cheillini while bringing in Melberg, Boumsong, Andrade, Almiron, Poulsen, Amauri, Salihamidic, Grosso, Cannavaro and Melo who's next???

If Moggi was still incharge of Juventus after calciopoli we would have already won the scudetti becuase it's not like we came back from Serie B with nothing, we only needed to rebuild the defense.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Considering the injuries we have had, Melo was not a poor purchase. Had we not had bought a mid this summer with diego, what would we have done when poulsen, tiago, marchiso all hurt or underperforming, momo hurt or in africa, camo hurt, gio hurt or not used, etc? We needed depth and it doesn't matter now because we sucked but the thought behind the buy made sense.

Told you all that d'ago would have been a better buy...and cheaper(call me cronios)

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
I really don't understand how anyone could possibly defend our transfer policy, re: our lack of signing quality defensive reinforcements. Once upon a time, we had the strongest defense in the world, and we've done next to nothing to rebuild it after calciopoli.

It's been pretty obvious for the last 3 seasons that we've needed to seriously address our pathetic back line. We desperately need to add 3-4 defenders this summer, and jettison the dead wood - it's long overdue.

Mar 10, 2009
I said that so many times in the past 2 months and was ridiculed for believing it but at least someone else has seen the light.

this why italian teams have been failing, because italian managers don't mind relying on old players. Roma don't seem to mind that their relying on someone whos in his 30's totti and it dosesnt look like they want to change, same with juve del piero, same with lippi and italy etc

in england younger players are constantly given the push, giovinco would have been world class by now had he been playing for an englush team.

But no why bother playing on giovinco when you have a 35 year old on your team ?

WE NEED A GOOD MANAGER !!
I still can't believe we let Hiddenk go

this is why so many italians peak late, it's because they arent given the chance at a young age

DelPieroTen

Dec 8, 2009
Candreva has been okay but i'm not sure we should waste our finances on him. Could we get Van der Vaart on the cheap? Juve need to buy big name players. We are a massive club but our stock is diminishing in the world game with every passing season. Say for example we bidded high for the likes of Ribery or Aguero, would they want to even come to us?

Zebina, Grygera, Grosso, Cannavaro, Poulsen, Tiago, Amauri etc surely clearing out all of them will reduce the wage bill and could maybe get a few million off some of them if we're lucky. If Arsenal are sniffing around Melo and they are prepared to pay 70% + of what we paid i'd be tempted to sell him too.

I think the problem with our team is Diego and Melo. They haven't realy fitted in but it's hard to tell if it's their fault or just poor management. Maybe both. A player like Diego is someone we should be looking to build a team around if we have confidence in him. He used to playing with pacey strikers lets buy a couple of pacey strikers to link up with him. Let's get some mfs that can playmake from deep and mix it up a bit. And let's sort out that terrible defence. Rafinha, Sagna, Bosingwa.... let's sign someone who's strong and quick who can give us half of what Maicon gives Inter. Let's find someone similar on the other side, Clichy? And let's find a ball playing centre half to compliment Chiellini.

De Ceglie, Marchisio, Camo, Del Piero, Iaquinta etc should be kept for the squad but I think except for Buffon, Chiellini, maybe Sissoko, Diego the whole team should be replaced

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
We thoroughly deserved to lose. All the folks who keep blaming the refs can shove their shit right back up their fat asses. Cannavaro, the little terrorist traitor, deserved his red card and there should have been another penalty when De Ceglie and another one of our players ran into Zamora in our box. And if we really deserved to win, how the hell could we concede four goals after getting an away goal so early in the match? This little crybaby activity regarding refereeing is partly why we are a horrendous club nowadays. Stop sugarcoating the issue. Stop being promoters of complacent football.

When are you guys going to learn that the sort of football we play will never get us anywhere? Fulham is a second-rate side, one that does play well at home, but isn't a spectacular entity by any means. They were even missing their fucking midfield general, Danny Murphy. They were even down 3-1 in the first leg and down 1-0 AFTER THE FIRST TEN MINUTES of the second leg, yet they STILL fucking won on aggregate. How can anybody who watched this match complain about the refereeing when we did absolutely nothing to warrant a result?

Some people just don't fucking get it. The problem with this club is that we have a board who has no idea what they're doing (yet is constantly defended), players who can't even do simple things like the pass the ball and potentially never could, and that we have managers who do not understand the modern game. We also have fans who don't understand the modern game either, but that is a side issue.

These utter idiots on the pitch have no idea how to protect a game, no fucking idea at all. The managers in this country believe that throwing more and more defensive midfielders on the pitch means increasing defensive stability even if every time they receive the ball they lose it, and some folks on this forum do too. They also think that clubs can play half-ass football all the time and expect to get through difficult (or even simple) European ties where aggregate scores come into play. And yes, they think they can sit back and defend the lead despite having a WHOLE FUCKING MATCH ahead of them. Well sorry but no, you're fucking retarded.

This brand of complacent, defensive, cautious, pussy football that we have been subscribing to since Capello took charge needs to be ethnically cleansed. It's time to start fielding players who have the technical ability to change games, throw away systems with two DM's who do NOTHING to protect the defense, and start acting like we need to win every game. This complacency crap has bit us in the ass several times in the past under different managers and that's party why we are in this position.

The solution? Remove the board, remove players who don't have the proper technical ability, and get a manager who understands the importance of keeping the ball and PLAYING TO WIN INSTEAD OF PLAYING NOT TO LOSE.

Special thanks to Cannavaro and folks who wanted him back here because they thought he was still a good player. You lot, including the board, of course, are very much to blame for this pathetic season. With Cannavaro returning for a free, they thought the defense could be brushed aside and that little fairies would protect our goal. Some voices claimed after Canna's first few performances that I was wrong and he was still a great defender, I said be patient, and I was criticized. How's that Canna form working out now for you? Does he still have it? Well sorry but no, you're fucking retarded.

And lastly, I think it is fantastic that Clint Dempsey, one of my favorite players, was the one to put us out. His goal was a moment of magic; almost like watching Del Piero with the ball. I'm extremely angry that this club has degenerated into a third-tier side, but that one moment was something special.

That Dempsey goal will teach the likes of bianconero and several others to shut their pie holes once and for all. Feel the pain, idiots. The American put your club out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)