Euro 2020 - General Talk Thread (27 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Yeah, our chances to reach the final are quite big I'd say. We're facing the Czech's after this which should be doable. And the winner of Wales - Denmark after that. In Both those matches we'll be clear favorites and I can't imagine the Czechs causing an upset. Denmark might be more difficult but lets be honest, they are no world beaters either. It'll be an easy road to the final.
I hope it happens just to experience Amsterdam going crazy!!

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jun 6, 2015
Yeah, our chances to reach the final are quite big I'd say. We're facing the Czech's after this which should be doable. And the winner of Wales - Denmark after that. In Both those matches we'll be clear favorites and I can't imagine the Czechs causing an upset. Denmark might be more difficult but lets be honest, they are no world beaters either. It'll be an easy road to the final.
Denmark are currently a better team than the Dutch. Their problem is that they don't quite have the individual quality up top to decide games on consistent enough basis. Very difficult and dangerous team to face nonetheless.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Denmark are currently a better team than the Dutch. Their problem is that they don't quite have the individual quality up top to decide games on consistent enough basis. Very difficult and dangerous team to face nonetheless.
I'm really curious what this statement is based on?

I don't think we're a top quality side by any means but I think the Dutch squad sure is better than the Danish one. We had 9 points in our group, with 7 goals scored and only 2 conceded. Denmark lost against f'in Finland and Belgium and was 20-30 minutes away from not even qualifying to the next round. I really can't fear a front three of Braithwaite, Poulsen and Damsgaard against young goat MDL or one of the finest defenders in Italian football: De Vrij.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
[QUOTE="il brutto, post: 6364943, member: 20026"]Denmark are currently a better team than the Dutch. Their problem is that they don't quite have the individual quality up top to decide games on consistent enough basis. Very difficult and dangerous team to face nonetheless.[/QUOTE]

On paper certainly not imo. While we have a great team right now is the Dutch still overall a better side.

And they're even without their best player in Van Dijk.

It's probably 60-40 in the Dutch favour.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
[QUOTE="il brutto, post: 6364943, member: 20026"]Denmark are currently a better team than the Dutch. Their problem is that they don't quite have the individual quality up top to decide games on consistent enough basis. Very difficult and dangerous team to face nonetheless.
On paper certainly not imo. While we have a great team right now is the Dutch still overall a better side.

It's probably 60-40 in the Dutch favour.[/QUOTE]
Best Dutch player is De Ligt now, I don't think Virgil will ever reach his old form again.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
I was surprised of Renato Sanches performance in the euro.
I was getting Zidane vibes in his ability to guard the ball and bounce opponents from him.
Can someone influential start a rumour about Juve interested on Renato, maybe someone from the board will catch it.
Me too! Seemed to always be on the TV screen producing. Probably too much money for Juve.:(.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016

It's probably 60-40 in the Dutch favour.
Best Dutch player is De Ligt now, I don't think Virgil will ever reach his old form again.[/QUOTE]

We gotta wait and see.

Van Dijk before his injury was easily the best Dutch player, but yeah it's difficult to see him reach that same height again.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Let's be honest here for a second, Sweden - Denmark in the final would be epic. Especially if it ends 2-2 and goes to penalties.
So you're looking for The Bridge final?

Take it from someone who lived through the Bay Bridge World Series ... you don't wanna invite that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bay_Bridge_Series
https://www.sportingnews.com/us/mlb...en-giants-athletics/addgmcvxyxt91svuiimra1j4o

I have no idea what this is
"Running to Stand Still"... the fifth track on U2's Joshua Tree about heroin addiction.

If you notice, how it started is how it ended... which is all for naught.

Best Dutch player is De Ligt now, I don't think Virgil will ever reach his old form again.
Yeah, Van Dijk is broken.

Jun 6, 2015

I don't think we're a top quality side by any means but I think the Dutch squad sure is better than the Danish one. We had 9 points in our group, with 7 goals scored and only 2 conceded. Denmark lost against f'in Finland and Belgium and was 20-30 minutes away from not even qualifying to the next round. I really can't fear a front three of Braithwaite, Poulsen and Damsgaard against young goat MDL or one of the finest defenders in Italian football: De Vrij.
The statement is based on watching both teams play football.

Emphasis on team. Dutch certainly have the better individuals and for that reason they would probably be considered as the slight favorites.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not talking about on paper. I think Denmark play better as a team. They are well set up defensively and they press really well as a unit.

Last edited:

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015

Idk if you are worse as a team as denmark, but your defense isn't as good as the numbers suggest imo. Even Macedonia had very good chances against you and it definitely looks shaky back there.

That's more of a team/tactics issue of course, the players are fine.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

You'd lose 4-0 against Belgium.

If there's one team I do not worry about, it's the Netherlands.

Very odd to be this arrogant after three games in the easiest group of all.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Just watched a summary of the group phase.

This Italy side is a beauty, hope they go all the way.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)