Euro 2016 General Discussion Thread (7 Viewers)

Euro 2016 Outright Winner?

• France

• Spain

• Germany

• England

• Belgium

• Portugal

• Italy

• Croatia

• Austria

• Poland

• Switzerland

• Russia

• Turkey

• Ukraine

• Wales

• Sweden

• Ireland

• Iceland

• Czech Republic

• Romania

• Slovakia

• Northern Ireland

• Albania

• Hungary

Results are only viewable after voting.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Why doesn't he always do that though? He's head and shoulders above every other PL player when on form.
Most Belgians will say he can be lazy and doesn't always want to. I'd disagree. If you read Hazard's interviews he often says that he pays with pain. This season I've seen him limp very often. So I think it's pain holding him back.

Also, Hazard is human. Ronaldo might recover from a hamstring strain in a week or play even with half a hamstring, but Hazard seems to be as susceptible to pain as the rest of us. He's no robot.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Belgian team

Goalkeepers (3):
Thibaut Courtois (Chelsea), Jean-François Gillet (KV Mechelen) en Simon Mignolet (Liverpool).

Defenders (one of these will not be selected) (9):
Toby Alderweireld (Tottenham), Jan Vertonghen (Tottenham), Jason Denayer (Galatasaray), Bjorn Engels (Club Brugge), Nicolas Lombaerts (Zenit), Jordan Lukaku (KV Oostende), Dedryck Boyata (Celtic Glasgow), Thomas Meunier (Club Brugge) en Thomas Vermaelen (Barcelona).

Midfielders (5):
Mousa Dembélé (Tottenham), Marouane Fellaini (Manchester United), Radja Nainggolan (AS Roma), Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City) en Axel Witsel (Zenit).

Attackers (7):
Yannick Carrasco (Atletico Madrid), Dries Mertens (Napoli), Eden Hazard (Chelsea FC), Michy Batshuayi (Marseille), Christian Benteke (Liverpool), Romelu Lukaku (Everton) en Divock Origi (Liverpool).

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
So are Portugal one of the favourites this year?? Haven't followed them much, so surprised by the hype around Renato Sanches, Andre Gomes and João Mário (linked with ManUtd) all with transfer fee or expected to transfer for more than €40m (with add-ons) :confused:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Belgian team

Goalkeepers (3):
Thibaut Courtois (Chelsea), Jean-François Gillet (KV Mechelen) en Simon Mignolet (Liverpool).

Defenders (one of these will not be selected) (9):
Toby Alderweireld (Tottenham), Jan Vertonghen (Tottenham), Jason Denayer (Galatasaray), Bjorn Engels (Club Brugge), Nicolas Lombaerts (Zenit), Jordan Lukaku (KV Oostende), Dedryck Boyata (Celtic Glasgow), Thomas Meunier (Club Brugge) en Thomas Vermaelen (Barcelona).

Midfielders (5):
Mousa Dembélé (Tottenham), Marouane Fellaini (Manchester United), Radja Nainggolan (AS Roma), Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City) en Axel Witsel (Zenit).

Attackers (7):
Yannick Carrasco (Atletico Madrid), Dries Mertens (Napoli), Eden Hazard (Chelsea FC), Michy Batshuayi (Marseille), Christian Benteke (Liverpool), Romelu Lukaku (Everton) en Divock Origi (Liverpool).
Pretty damn good. Wouldn't mind seeing Belgium win it all.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Pretty damn good. Wouldn't mind seeing Belgium win it all.
In terms of quality I think we are right up there with the top teams. But @Zacheryah is right, we have almost never played well as a team. Frankly my all time favorite game was probably the one we played against you guys in 2014 (France last year was great too, but that was a friendly).

But even against the USA:
- we created a lot of chances, but failed to score to make it much easier for ourselves
- we could have lost in the 90th minute as you had a huge chance to score the winner.

Unlike Zach though I give the team some credit. I know most of them play for big teams, but the World Cup was still their first big international tournament and I think that has to count for something.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
In terms of quality I think we are right up there with the top teams. But @Zacheryah is right, we have almost never played well as a team. Frankly my all time favorite game was probably the one we played against you guys in 2014 (France last year was great too, but that was a friendly).

But even against the USA:
- we created a lot of chances, but failed to score to make it much easier for ourselves
- we could have lost in the 90th minute as you had a huge chance to score the winner.

Unlike Zach though I give the team some credit. I know most of them play for big teams, but the World Cup was still their first big international tournament and I think that has to count for something.
Most of them are still pretty young, so I wouldn't be worried at this point. Could always change managers if needed.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I don't want to get fat though.
Are you guys talking about lifting weight, or plates of lasagna.

Either way i'm down with it

- - - Updated - - -

If you try to take digs about training, i'll remind you since my girlfriend allowed me to coach her training (2x/week, twice squat, one sumo and one additional stiff legged(for reps) deadlift)

She's around 125 deadlift at the moment, at 62kg while beeing athletic and cute.

Which is more then half the males of this forum can lift.

My gym partner whom i also coach and follow up has equalled the belgian record deadlift in the -93 1.5 months ago.

Try harder when attempting to make a dig ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)