Euro 2016 General Discussion Thread (43 Viewers)

Euro 2016 Outright Winner?

• France

• Spain

• Germany

• England

• Belgium

• Portugal

• Italy

• Croatia

• Austria

• Poland

• Switzerland

• Russia

• Turkey

• Ukraine

• Wales

• Sweden

• Ireland

• Iceland

• Czech Republic

• Romania

• Slovakia

• Northern Ireland

• Albania

• Hungary

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Belgium have the most worldclass players. Hazard, Courtois, Nainggolan, Mertens, Witsel. And they are #1 on FIFA Ranking. The frogs will blend
FIFA rankings? Nigga, you actually using that as a basis of why they're gonna win? They're total poop.

They do have a fantastic generation of players, no doubt, but I just don't see them having the mentality, experience, or even know-how to win a major tournament.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
And btw guys like Courtois and Hazard are coming off terrible seasons. Witsel is meh, Mertens is a good player but bench player at Napoli. And their best player KBD, isn't in the best shape physically (Kompany too)

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
FIFA rankings? Nigga, you actually using that as a basis of why they're gonna win? They're total poop.

They do have a fantastic generation of players, no doubt, but I just don't see them having the mentality, experience, or even know-how to win a major tournament.
Since Greece 2004 all tournaments were won by the number 1 team on the FIFA Ranking

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Yeah, Courtois and Hazard are below average right now, they're only being hyped because of past seasons.

- - - Updated - - -

Albania all the way imo

- - - Updated - - -

That last statement is in jest, doesn't take away from the fact that Belgium sucks

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Hazard is poor
Courtois is just one of a few good goalkeepers we have
Witsel is absolute shit and the reason this team will never amount to anything
Who is fellaini
De Bruyne is great but he wont play near his best cause he has to compensate of all the pathetic slacking about of players around him
Mertens only plays good when he's a sub for belgium, because the team has no gameplan or tactic, so he has to work his ass off while never receiving good passes
Nainggolan will be the playmaker AND the guy that has to cover up all the mistakes and fucking lazyness of everyone around him.
Our defence is swiss cheese that leaks goal when pressured and cant defend as a unit if their live would depend on it. But Fapfap Kompany, he's technically skilled. i'd rather have Staelens and De Boeck back. rigid as fuck.
Lukaku is sadly not injured
Origi is sadly injured
Batshuayi is out of form
Benteke has been injured long time, and wont be in form

As long as Belgium doesnt have a great tactical coach, or a playmaker that controlls the midfield, we will never win anything, and the players will have to compensate their tears with more Louis Vuitton and silk tampons.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Hazard is poor
Courtois is just one of a few good goalkeepers we have
Witsel is absolute shit and the reason this team will never amount to anything
Who is fellaini
De Bruyne is great but he wont play near his best cause he has to compensate of all the pathetic slacking about of players around him
Mertens only plays good when he's a sub for belgium, because the team has no gameplan or tactic, so he has to work his ass off while never receiving good passes
Nainggolan will be the playmaker AND the guy that has to cover up all the mistakes and fucking lazyness of everyone around him.
Our defence is swiss cheese that leaks goal when pressured and cant defend as a unit if their live would depend on it. But Fapfap Kompany, he's technically skilled. i'd rather have Staelens and De Boeck back. rigid as fuck.
Lukaku is sadly not injured
Origi is sadly injured
Batshuayi is out of form
Benteke has been injured long time, and wont be in form

As long as Belgium doesnt have a great tactical coach, or a playmaker that controlls the midfield, we will never win anything, and the players will have to compensate their tears with more Louis Vuitton and silk tampons.
Don't speak ill of our CAPTAIN.

- - - Updated - - -

Belgium lol. No fucking chance in hell.

It's France's to lose.
Belgium have the most worldclass players. Hazard, Courtois, Nainggolan, Mertens, Witsel. And they are #1 on FIFA Ranking. The frogs will blend

In terms of talent I think we are head and shoulders above all other teams involved. But I honestly cannot remember a single game from our NT when I thought they played well. I know. They sort of got results. But still.

IMO it is indeed France's to lose. They have an underrated team as they were very poor 3-4 years ago, but they have become significantly stronger. Griezmann, Pogba, Matuidi and Kanté coupled with an impressive defense (Evra-Koscielny-Varane-Sagna) and an excellent sub in the form of Coman makes me think they have a real chance of winning this thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Well. You're sort of wrong obviously. Hazard, De Bruyne, Kompany, Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Courtois.. All have won a lot of trophies in their careers. And I wouldn't call players like Nainggolan and Mertens inexperienced either. IMO there is no reason that we shouldn't be among the favorites. Except that somehow we never play well.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
France have a great squad on paper - Pogba, Griezmann, Lloris, Varane, Matuidi, Martial, Kanté, Payet, Koscielny, Digne, Evra, Mathieu, Giroud, Lass Diarra, Kondogbia, Schneiderlin, Mangala, Lacazette, Fekir, maybe even a wildcard with Dembélé.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Yeah, I think all the conditions are there for France to win it. They play at home and they've had a couple of poor tournaments recently so most people just see them as outsiders. To me they are the clear favorites though.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
:agree: all we need is a decent coach. i see ZERO favorites, bar france. all the "big" teams can win it imo - and no, belgium isn't one of em.
It's easily the biggest in terms of names.

Italy looked fairly decent with Marchisio and Verratti but horrible without. The only thing left is arguably the best defense / goalkeeper in the tournament. But with little creativity in midfield and the worst attacking lineup in 50 years I don't see them winning it at all.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Don't speak ill of our CAPTAIN.

- - - Updated - - -

In terms of talent I think we are head and shoulders above all other teams involved. But I honestly cannot remember a single game from our NT when I thought they played well. I know. They sort of got results. But still.

IMO it is indeed France's to lose. They have an underrated team as they were very poor 3-4 years ago, but they have become significantly stronger. Griezmann, Pogba, Matuidi and Kanté coupled with an impressive defense (Evra-Koscielny-Varane-Sagna) and an excellent sub in the form of Coman makes me think they have a real chance of winning this thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Well. You're sort of wrong obviously. Hazard, De Bruyne, Kompany, Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Courtois.. All have won a lot of trophies in their careers. And I wouldn't call players like Nainggolan and Mertens inexperienced either. IMO there is no reason that we shouldn't be among the favorites. Except that somehow we never play well.
We dont have a playmaking cm, and a braindead coach. How are we supposed to play well ? We dont have a tactic, players try stuff they know they can do, and we win cause we have a disgusting surplus of talent.
Then comes along a talented team like Argentina, or lol, even Portugal for one half, and we get absolutely shafted.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
We dont have a playmaking cm, and a braindead coach. How are we supposed to play well ? We dont have a tactic, players try stuff they know they can do, and we win cause we have a disgusting surplus of talent.
Then comes along a talented team like Argentina, or lol, even Portugal for one half, and we get absolutely shafted.
That's not necessarily true. Nainggolan is now doing that at Roma (often playing the no. 10 position) and De Bruyne could easily take on that role too. I'm sorry, but there is no excuse to play poorly with the players we have. You could say our fullbacks are not creative enough, because they are central defenders at heart. That's one of our weaknesses I guess.

Our biggest problem apart from that has always been Hazard, but the dude is now fully rested and in the last three games he's shown he's in peak condition.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
:agree: all we need is a decent coach. i see ZERO favorites, bar france. all the "big" teams can win it imo - and no, belgium isn't one of em.
id still like to see Belgium finish 1st in Italys group. that way Italy avoids both Germany and France before the final (they would play Portugal, then England and Spain in the SF in the most likely scenario then) and whoever of France and Germany they meet in the final its gonna be epic

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
That's not necessarily true. Nainggolan is now doing that at Roma (often playing the no. 10 position) and De Bruyne could easily take on that role too. I'm sorry, but there is no excuse to play poorly with the players we have.

Our biggest problem has always been Hazard, but the dude is now fully rested and in the last three games he's shown he's in peak condition.
De Bruyne isnt a cm, he's much more advanced. Nainggolan is doing it, but he isnt good at it. he's excellent at other stuff.

We have many players that we dont need hazard to perform well.

'there is no excuse to play poorly with the selection we have'. Thats a statement for the coach. But we dont have a coach. I agree, any respectable coach wouldnt have the slightest excuse. But we dont have a coach, so this does not apply.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
id still like to see Belgium finish 1st in Italys group. that way Italy avoids both Germany and France before the final (they would play Portugal, then England and Spain in the SF in the most likely scenario then) and whoever of France and Germany they meet in the final its gonna be epic
Tbh I think all three of those are stronger than Italy.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
It's easily the biggest in terms of names.

Italy looked fairly decent with Marchisio and Verratti but horrible without. The only thing left is arguably the best defense / goalkeeper in the tournament. But with little creativity in midfield and the worst attacking lineup in 50 years I don't see them winning it at all.
Germany & France both have the bigger names. it isn't about names though, belgium has a lot a talent/big names in their squad, but as a team they just don't play good football. a good coach might work wonders.

and no matter how bad italy looks, in a tournament like this they'd beat belgium. don't ask me why, it's just a feeling.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 43)