Euro 2004: Italy - Sweden (Group C) (8 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Just when I was thinking "Italy look like they are in control of this game", Trap decides to substitute Cassano, who was having a terrific game. So on comes Fiore, who has never really impressed me. First thing he does is make a stupid pass and gives the ball away, for Sweden to counterattack and almost score. Then, amazingly Trap decides to take off Del Piero. But whats troubling about this is he brings on Camoranesi, who is almost like a copy of Fiore on the team (in terms of positional play). So here we have a sorry looking Vieri up top, two right sided attacking players in Fiore and Camoranesi in midfield, and a useless Favalli on the left side of defense. Makes absolutely no sense to me.

What the hell was Trap thinking in taking off Cassano and Alex, while leaving on a torrid Vieri? Why did Trap decide to bring on BOTH Fiore and Camo, who he should know are almost identical players? These questions, including some more, all show why Trap needs a change in career. Simply a stupid coach.

Dec 27, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Art^ ] ++
Italy have never scored more than 2 goals in a WC or a Euro tournament match.

So don't count on a 3-0 win against Bulgaria
France '98 : Italy-Camerun 3-0

Spain '82 : Italy-Brazil 3-2, Italy-Germany 3-1

Mexico '70 : Italy-Germany 4-3

Just from the top of my head.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
The subs were bad, yes. Del Piero and Cassano were great. So nice to see Del Piero play good again.

Now let's all root for Sweden, what a team.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
Trappatoni's reason that both DP and Cassano subded becoz they are tired and not tactical change are bullshit... if thats the case, why bring two midfielders whiler there are other forward in the team...

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Kaiser Franco ] ++

France '98 : Italy-Camerun 3-0

Spain '82 : Italy-Brazil 3-2, Italy-Germany 3-1

Mexico '70 : Italy-Germany 4-3

Just from the top of my head.
Im gonna sue the danish commentators now ;)

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
easier said than done my friend. easier said than done.
err.. what do you mean.... actually taking the game goal by goal is much easier than playing all out to get a straight 3-0.. the preassure might hinders them to even score one goal...

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
we played WAAAAAAAAAY better than last time!!
it's such a shame we didn't win!!

but still....we can still make it!
if sweeden or denmark wins,and italy wins too,we can make it second.
but if they draw(i get it or granted we'll win) we're in serious trouble!
we won't make it to the next round :down:

Amr

Dec 25, 2003
italy must beat bulgaria with a big goal difference,but hey, DP was gr8 2oday :)

any1 saw his gr8 LOB ball??

magnificant trick ;)

and buffon blocked a gr8 ball before ibrahimovich score the only goal for sweden.

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
imvho, I think trap should have brought on Di Vaio if he really needs a replacement.

On a sidenote: Vieri is gonna have lots of practice tomorrow during training, and he ain't gonna be using his foot!

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++
Trappatoni's reason that both DP and Cassano subded becoz they are tired and not tactical change are bullshit... if thats the case, why bring two midfielders whiler there are other forward in the team...
I see that as a cheap excuse for not being responsible for this draw. Maybe DP was a bit tired, but there are no way that Cassano was tired!

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Amr ] ++
italy must beat bulgaria with a big goal difference,but hey, DP was gr8 2oday :)

magnificant trick ;)

and buffon blocked a gr8 ball before ibrahimovich score the only goal for sweden.
I don't think the LOB ball was great. it was too slow and not straight to the center. he could have done it better IMO

btw if denmark-sweedn finishes 0-0 Italy doesn't need a big win against bulgaria

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003

magnificant trick ;)

he saved everything possible and made a few really good saves...

and the goal was 100% NOT his fault

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003

magnificant trick ;)

actually its a bad example of a lob.. it stays on the air far too long giving time for the keeper and defender to cattch up.... totti or cassano would make a more deft lower one... but its a decent try.. way better than his usual wide half shots..

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Good game for iatly in the first half...and im very happy for DP that did a much much better presentation than in the first game.
IMO the only one that played exactly crap like in the first game was Vieri.. Just one shot and endless headers wasted.

Kudos to zambrotta and Buffon...those guys are for real!.

Pirlo had an good first half... but something happened to him in the second. Gattuso was like a piranha in the mid of the field.-.. but that agressivenes made him pay with one match ban.

Italy had the opportunity to kill sweden... but they retreated to their area and the swedes pressed evry well.
It was not a secret that italy needed more than one goal to beat the swedes...and imo vieri wasted too many goals. Dp wasted one chance... the other one was saved by the keeper and the lob was saved by a defender, but IMO he ws the guy od the mtach,,, controlling the tempos.

In this upcoming game... i would prefer to use divaio , he runs like crazy and he could be very dangerpus when he wants. After all, Vieri is not playing well.. too slow and innacurated. Corradi could be a n option too.
I predict a good game for the italians... but IMO all depend on Trap and Del piero´s form.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)