Euro 2004: Italy - Sweden (Group C) (45 Viewers)

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
what happens if italy win 2-0 and swe v den is a draw?
depends on how many goals Denemark score. If they have more tham Italy we are out. If it's still a tie they flip a coin(not sure ;) ).

May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by mark77 ] ++

depends on how many goals Denemark score. If they have more tham Italy we are out. If it's still a tie they flip a coin.
I just hope Denmark beat Sweden, or the other..!

Daaaammmmn Ibrahimovic plyad like crazy, and what a goal.. i just hope moggi saw the game :D

and capello already love's him!!!

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
I think a scandinavian plot will see Italy out :D

and I mean by that, a fixed draw! :scared:
I remember some time ago a fixed draw between Valencia and Man Utd, when they both needed just a draw to qualify

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
Found at uefa.com:

TIE-BREAKER RULES :
If two or more teams finish equal on points after all the group matches have been played, the following criteria will be applied to determine the ranking :
(a) Greater number of points obtained in the matches between the teams in question.
(b) Goal difference resulting from the matches between the teams in question (if more than two teams finish equal).
(c) Greater number of goals scored in the matches between the teams in question (if more than two teams finish equal).
(d) Goal difference in all the group matches.
(e) Greater number of goals scored in all the group matches.
(f) Coefficient of points from the last two qualifying competitions for the final rounds of the 2002 World Cup and Euro 2004 (points gained and divided by the number of matches played).
(g) Fair Play conduct of the teams (final tournament).
(h) A drawing of lots by the Organising Committee.
There is no need to apply criteria (g) & (h) at this year's championship because the only teams with equal coefficient under criteria (f) are teams of England, Italy & Spain (ranked 5.) and then Denmark & Russia (ranked 11.) who were drawn into different groups anyway.

So if Denmark and Sweden play 1-1, we'll go down to (f), and I suppose Italy has the higher coefficient. But if Sweden and Denmark draw 2-2, both go through due to (c) - they have a better GD in common games than Italy.

This is confusing...

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
i cant think of nething but italy progressing, and we're already looking forward to moggi signing ibra....who cares guys!!!
JSUT PRAY FOR THE AZZURI....
this is so typical, its always on a knifeedge till game 3....when it comes to going to the next round.

Aug 26, 2003
a good game from Italy ecepially from Del Piero and Cassano!!
Del Piero would have deserved a goal!!

I think Trap made a wrong decision with taking out Del PIero and Cassano, we became to defensive and the result we can see now!!

Maybe we should have replace Vieri with another hotter striker!!

Ok we must win against Bulgaria and hope for a useful result of Sweden - denmark game!

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Juve_Kosova ] ++

I just hope Denmark beat Sweden, or the other..!

Daaaammmmn Ibrahimovic plyad like crazy, and what a goal.. i just hope moggi saw the game :D

and capello already love's him!!!

yeah.. zlatan was great.. i think Moggi will do well if he can bring him to Juve to replace Del Piero...;)

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
Bulgaria has very slow defence. So with Zambo in the midfield, and Di Vaio replacing Vieri would be the better option.

But... Never gonna happen!

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Sarah ] ++
Found at uefa.com:

So if Denmark and Sweden play 1-1, we'll go down to (f), and I suppose Italy has the higher coefficient. But if Sweden and Denmark draw 2-2, both go through due to (b) - they have a better GD in common games than Italy.

This is confusing...
no you'r wrong because the game is against Bulgaria and they'r not in 3 teams table. so the game against them doesn't change the 3 teams table goals difference situation.

and Bulgaria are not that weak, even to win them by 1 goal

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
that depends if italy can get an early goal or not... i suspect Bulgaria will play a more close game compare to the previous two.. dont forget that Italy NEEDS to win first and foremost....thinking about how many goals the should score is overconfidence and will bring them to their downfall.. :undecide:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 45)