[EU] The U-21 European Championship (1 Viewer)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Germany may have destroyed their opponents 4-0 in the final, but prior to the final they were highly unconvincing. Did you watch the Semi match vs Italy, or any of their games throughout the tournament for that matter? They had 1 shot on goal!!! 1!!!! They were dominated and completely outplayed by Italy. They were also very fortunate to squeeze past the French in the qualifiers.

Props to them for demolishing the English in the final, but they were extremely lucky to be there in the first place.

I agree with Red about the Germans ability to reach the latter stages of a tournament with a mediocre team, and I respect them for that.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
And lets not forget that the only EURO Cup Italy won was won by a flip of a coin.
Believe it or not, since there were no penalties at the EURO back in 1968, Italians won the semi on coin flipping.
Their semifinal match with the USSR ended 0:0 and the Italians had the luck to win the coin flip.
:lol2: :seven:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Germany may have destroyed their opponents 4-0 in the final, but prior to the final they were highly unconvincing. Did you watch the Semi match vs Italy, or any of their games throughout the tournament for that matter? They had 1 shot on goal!!! 1!!!! They were dominated and completely outplayed by Italy. They were also very fortunate to squeeze past the French in the qualifiers.

Props to them for demolishing the English in the final, but they were extremely lucky to be there in the first place.

I agree with Red about the Germans ability to reach the latter stages of a tournament with a mediocre team, and I respect them for that.
I saw the match, and I saw the Italians squander chances and Germany taking theirs.

Considering Italy didn't score, they didn't deserve to win and hence didn't deserve to be in the final.

Sorry to cancer boy.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Obviously, you need a bit of luck to win a tournament. I am not disputing the fact that the Germans are worthy winners. Yes, they deserve it. They made the most of their chances, and rose to the occasion in the final.

SABSAB

Snoop Stinks
Dec 10, 2008

:shifty:
Dude, whats wrong with you?
They just did what was need to be done. Italy wasn´t able to score and Germany just needed a well placed shoot to take Italy down. Maybe Italy played the better football but Germany uses his chances und you are just a bad looser.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
The Germans scored only in the final just as many goals as Italy scored through out the whole tournament.
The Germans conceded one single goal at this euro. Italy conceded 3.

The Germans beat the Italians.

So just because Italy played better than Germany in the semis, it doesn't authomaticaly mean that the Germans didn't deserve to win the tournament.

France were better than Italy at the WC final in 2006. I want the Italians to return the world cup trophy since they didn't deserve it.

:frown:
Indeed.

Although Zizou should get the trophy, not France. France sucks.

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
In terms of statistics, the Germans do look superior, but you also have to look at the quality of opposition they played to get through to certain finals (World Cup 2002 springs to mind), and how whenever they come up against Italy, they are usually 2nd best!
World Cup 2002 is the worst i have ever seen....

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
:shifty:
Dude, whats wrong with you?
They just did what was need to be done. Italy wasn´t able to score and Germany just needed a well placed shoot to take Italy down. Maybe Italy played the better football but Germany uses his chances und you are just a bad looser.
Bad loser? I am just analyzing how the game went my friend. Read my subsequent posts. I do give credit to Germany. Props to them for winning with the material they have/had at their disposal.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
One could easily say Italy had an easy road to the semis in 2006 against Australia and Ukraine. France had a tougher route to the final in Ghana, Brazil and Portugal.

See, two can play that game!

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
What you wanna say is that if the Italian NT players Lippi took to the confederations cup would make at least the final of next year's world cup if they were German, right? :p
My Dad's favourite saying when it comes to international football is 'Never bet against the Germans'.

It is never a surprise to see Germany in the semi-finals of a tournament, regardless of the quality of their squad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)