[EU] Champions League 05/06 (11 Viewers)

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Visca El Barca
El Grande Barca
Barca El Campeon!!!!
Magnifique Barca!!!!!

Finally After A Long Time A Best Team In Europe Wins The Cl
Although The Ref Screw Up The Game For Both Sides Cause That Should Have Been A Goal And Not A Red Card This Is A Glorious Win For Barca
Eto'o Is A Master
Belleti Is Pure Crap But He Scored Tonight

All Europe Bow Down To Its True Masters The Great Team Wearing Blau Grana

Buy on AliExpress.com

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
You read too much garbage on here. "The match was boring". This coming from a Juventus fan, excuse me for spotting the irony here. Then you read Barcelona were aided throughout the campaigns by refereeing decisions, again coming from a Juventus follower, is pot, kettle em black. The referee last night was hopeless plain and simple. he did not aid Barcelona, he spoilt the game completely with that extremely daft decision. How on earth anyone can say taking away a goal, but giving a free kick and a man advantage is helping the other team is beyond me. 10 out 0f 10 times , you will always take the goal. Where was the guarantee that Barcelona will score? Playing against 10 men is never easy and if Henry took his chances, it would have been all she wrote and Barcelona would have been the ones complaining about the referee's decision.
Did Lehmann deserve to be sent off? No question
Did Barcelona deserve their goal to be chalked off? Of cos not
Arsenal's goal, was that not a dive? Of cos it was. Who gave the decision? It was the linesman closest to the action , so how come he did not see , it was a clear dive by a player whom i have lost the respect of as his antics throughout were just disgusting.
Yellow cards to both Henry and Oleguer were a joke.
Was it not rich for Henry to complain about referee and having the temerity to diss Ronaldinho and Etoo's contributions? What exactly did he do throughout apart from fluffing 2 good chances and using his pace against Puyol and Marquez?
His finishing would not have surprised the paris public as they have seen it way too often when he plays for France there.
This final will be remembered for the sheer imcompetence of a referee who was out of his depth , unfortunately fifa and uefa will keep on doing this nonsense.
Congrats Barcelona anyways for the football you have played for 2 seasons, you deserve to be called champs of Europe, who cares what detractors say.
Would it not be great for Spain if they played the wc now as their indigenes are on a roll. Barcelona, Sevilla, alonso in F1 and Nadal in tennis

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Andy said:
FINALLY the best team in the world wins the Champions League again. Nobody else deserved this trophy, and Puyol rightfully lifted the cup for Catalunya. Go home, Arsenal.
go to serie C2 Juve,at least we go home with our heads held high:rolleyes2

mcrae

Jun 3, 2004
hey denco nice analysis there but you forgot to mention that Etooooo was clearly offside in barcelona's first goal...in my mind there is no doubt that uefa had decided in advance who was gonna win this title...or do you think that Milan's disallowed goal and benfica's penalty were human mistakes by the referees?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Matteo.. said:
Barcelona are nowhere near the best team.
Who would be the best team then? Milan? Barca beat them. Lyon? Good, however Barca is easily superior. Villareal? Don't even joke. Chelsea? Barcelona again. Arsenal? Gave them a scare in opening minutes, however once Barca established their rhythm, its obvious who the better team is.

So who is a better team than Barcelona?

fred weasley said:
go to serie C2 Juve,at least we go home with our heads held high:rolleyes2
Hey, it's not my fault the better team won last night and Arsenal goes home with nothing.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Stephan said:
yes it does. i know and have read comments like "thank god juve lost to liverpool or please lyon kick that italian booring thing out" so we wont see 2002/2003 season game again.
It does not matter. What do these people who hate Italian football have to do with the performances on the pitch? The matches have already been played and they are there for all to see...who cares what some Italian football haters have to say. That lot is obviously biased because after the Chelsea-Liverpool matches of last season they were all quick to defend them stating those matches were battles between two smart and adept teams. I see the bias here, which obviously stems from a lot of English football fans, however they have nothing to do with the actual performances on the pitch, and that makes their opinions irrelevent in terms of what happened during the actual games.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Andy said:
Who would be the best team then? Milan? Barca beat them. Lyon? Good, however Barca is easily superior. Villareal? Don't even joke. Chelsea? Barcelona again. Arsenal? Gave them a scare in opening minutes, however once Barca established their rhythm, its obvious who the better team is.

So who is a better team than Barcelona?

Hey, it's not my fault the better team won last night and Arsenal goes home with nothing.
chelsea-barca, red card for chelsea defender
barca-milan, shevcenko goal disallowed, and uefa hasnt talked about that incident much, no replys showed it in uefa CL tv show. why? even if it was disallowed why they didnt talk about that. they could have sayd atleast shevcenko thought he scored but he was wrong, but no.

barca-arsenal- well imo arsenal could have gave them more scary moments with 11 players! barca didnt got their rhuthm before they made subs with iniesta and larsson. ronaldinho wasnt seen much, and arsenal was playing with 10 men. we can only speculate what could have happened. yeah barca fans say barcelona could have won anyway. but if barca is so superb like some say, how it took so long for them to score? against 10 men team. best attack cant score against second gk.

:confused:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Jeeks said:
In the most ugly manner possible.
Oh give me a damn break. Eboue took a blatant dive and essentially set up the first goal for Arsenal, yet Barcelona wins fair and square after the Lehmann debacle which should have been 1-0 right there. :rolleyes2

In the matches against Chelsea I believe Barcelona was the superior side, refereeing help or no refereeing help. They won the match at the Bridge and Rijkaard decided to shut up shop back at Camp Nou, something almost all fans here SHOULD approve of considering that is what any Juventus side has done in the past. And besides, it took a last minute converted penalty to get Chelsea back into the game in the second leg. I just can't help but feel there is some sort of jealousy surrounding Barcelona after this acheivement...they won fair and square and no other side on this earth is more talented or an overall better team than they are. Congrats to them.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Andy said:
Oh give me a damn break. Eboue took a blatant dive and essentially set up the first goal for Arsenal, yet Barcelona wins fair and square after the Lehmann debacle which should have been 1-0 right there. :rolleyes2
Eboue's dive is ugly, right? Then you agree with what I said.

Lehmann's red card should have been yellow and Barcelona should have got Giuly's goal, right? Then the decision was ugly.

I don't see why is it not ugly. Two of the worst calls I have ever seen in the same game. Lehmann's red card was just a slap in the face for all those who were waiting to watch a good football game.

I will not go through the referee help they got in the Chelsea and Milan encounters because I don't like to repeat myself.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
mcrae said:
hey denco nice analysis there but you forgot to mention that Etooooo was clearly offside in barcelona's first goal...in my mind there is no doubt that uefa had decided in advance who was gonna win this title...
That offside was very marginal. To ascribe it to malice it a big leap. Was the ref handing Barca the game when he denied Barca the advantage after Lehman lept into an unquestionable red card? Maybe Lehman's in UEFA's pocket? Was the ref favouring Barca when he didn't send off Eboue for attempting testicular surgery on a Barca player? Was he favouring Barca when he gave Arsenal the free kick that lead to their goal after a blatent dive from Eboue?

This talk about a biased ref is just sour grapes.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Jeeks said:
Eboue's dive is ugly, right? Then you agree with what I said.

Lehmann's red card should have been yellow and Barcelona should have got Giuly's goal, right? Then the decision was ugly.

I don't see why is it not ugly. Two of the worst calls I have ever seen in the same game. Lehmann's red card was just a slap in the face for all those who were waiting to watch a good football game.

I will not go through the referee help they got in the Chelsea and Milan encounters because I don't like to repeat myself.
:agree:

why ref had to ruin the beauty of the game by sending off lehmann, if giuly scored that goal.

gave lehmann yellow and give barca giuly goal and it would still have been a game on. arsenal would have had more chanses to win the game in that kind of situation.

i have been reading some barca fans comments in other forum and in theyr opinion they say man sent off and dive freekick goal was a better thing for arsenal(if not then barca would have won anyway, yeah right:disagree: ). But hey its obvious they say it so, especially when barca in the end won the game.

we dont know what way the game could have gone if lehmann would not have been sent off.
that actually caused this dive also from eboue. they knew it was much harder and eboue had a chanse, there wasnt other options, he decided the dive, he probably knew he could have seen yellow himself, but his effort was good. But i dont think this would have happened if arsenal would still have had 11 players on the pitch.

ref f-cked up this final. yeah i didnt expect 3-3 in 90 game like last season, but i wanted to see a good, even match. but how it was even if one team had to play with 10 players. (yeah i know some say look lehmann touched eto, but if goal was scored then, for the quality on a match, final, he should have count the goal)

are they gona come up with video refereing desicions in next season, or what will change?

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Stephan said:
why ref had to ruin the beauty of the game by sending off lehmann, if giuly scored that goal.
The ref blew the whistle early. He admits that, and regrets it. He should have let play run on, but he didn't. He can't change his mind in that situation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)